PDA

View Full Version : never again ..................... honest!!

henry20
24-Mar-07, 11:02
Ok, so after a month of being 'T Total' I decided it was time for a night out!

The result? I woke up this morning having lost a sock and gaining a grazed and bloody leg (a leg covered in blood - don't panic, I've not grown a 3rd leg!!)

I dare say its going to be a scar as I still have the marks from a cut I got on a night out in December and a scar above my eye from a night out last August. At this rate I'll be able to count the number of nights out by counting the scars :roll:

Solus
24-Mar-07, 12:57
Dont know if thats something to be proud of Henry.

DarkAngel
24-Mar-07, 13:09
Oh No Poor you Henry20

Well thats what alcohol does to you. Good at the time but you suffer in the morning!! Hope you leg heals quickly..Although its been totally self-inflicted so sympathy isnt given....Nah just kiddin...Ouch!!

Im off out tonight just hope i dont end up like you [lol]

henry20
24-Mar-07, 13:11
I work 7 days a week every week unless I take holidays. I work 2 jobs, have no debts, have my own home and choose to let my hair down once in a while, so I feel I've a lot to be proud of!! I've worked hard and made a lot of sacrifices to get where I am today, I am very proud of the person I am and always will be. :D

I'm sure there are numerous people that have had similar experiences.

Life is what you make it!!

henry20
24-Mar-07, 13:13
DarkAngel, if you are out in Thurso and find my sock, drop me a PM!!! ;) :lol:

Solus
24-Mar-07, 13:39
Ah proud of your career yes, but proud of the fact that you go out get so out of your face you come home cut and bruised and cant remember, yup thats something to be proud of !

candyfloss
24-Mar-07, 14:13
Ok, so after a month of being 'T Total' I decided it was time for a night out!

The result? I woke up this morning having lost a sock and gaining a grazed and bloody leg (a leg covered in blood - don't panic, I've not grown a 3rd leg!!)

I dare say its going to be a scar as I still have the marks from a cut I got on a night out in December and a scar above my eye from a night out last August. At this rate I'll be able to count the number of nights out by counting the scars :roll:
You sound a bit like my daughter Herny20, ever time she goes out something happens, she does'nt go out very often thank goodness.
Her worst one has been waking up after a night out and finding a really bad cut on her nose and blood all over her bed covers, it was that bad she's just waiting to have some plastic surgery. :eek:

Jeemag_USA
24-Mar-07, 14:18
Never mind all this talk of pride and sympathy. Think about the poor sock, alone and lost in the wild and windswept outdoors without a compass or money for the bus! [evil]

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e380/claritynew/lostsock.jpg

candyfloss
24-Mar-07, 14:25
I've got loads of odd socks, i think my washing machine eats them, maybe i have one that might match the one you lost [lol] [lol]

Jeemag_USA
24-Mar-07, 14:27
I've got loads of odd socks, i think my washing machine eats them, maybe i have one that might match the one you lost

You need to check wheter the missing sock was male or female, with all this PC stuff going around these days I am not sure of we are allowed to have same socks partnerships [lol]

candyfloss
24-Mar-07, 14:43
I have some male and female socks just depends what Herny20 wants, it would be lovely if one of my socks could have a nice new home [lol]

henry20
24-Mar-07, 14:50
:eek: both my socks were male. I think in reality they had a lovers tiff and the socks departure was outwith my control! I imagine it would have happened regardless of how much alcohol I drank! I think he'd had enough of his partners bisexual tendancies. So really, the remaining sock isn't fussy on whether its a male or female he hooks up with next. :eek:

Victoria
24-Mar-07, 15:02
just a quick question......

did you arrive home with both shoes?

how did the sock go missing if you still had your shoe on....???

I think I think too much!![lol]

johno
24-Mar-07, 15:07
:eek: both my socks were male. I think in reality they had a lovers tiff and the socks departure was outwith my control! I imagine it would have happened regardless of how much alcohol I drank! I think he'd had enough of his partners bisexual tendancies. So really, the remaining sock isn't fussy on whether its a male or female he hooks up with next. :eek:
i like a night out too henry except i cant handle the booze either or the next morning so i regulate it to once a year.
ps, your sock may be a right or is it a left. wont say handed cause that wont work in. ha ha

henry20
24-Mar-07, 15:27
Well, Victoria, I did wonder myself. I did come home with both boots, but they were hurting my feet, so I probably took them off to relieve the pain!! and probably fell over in the process - hence the graze on my knee!

Johno, I can handle my drink - just don't stop when I reach my limit. :lol: I'm sure it was the right sock.

Julia
24-Mar-07, 16:04
Maybe the sock was evil and spiked your drink, gave you a kicking and fled the scene, have you checked you still have you wallet?

For all you know the sock may of needed to leave the country at short notice, some kind of laundering gone wrong! I'd check your pockets quick!

henry20
24-Mar-07, 16:15
Don't panic Julia, my purse was safe!! In fact, amazingly, it only had £1.35 less in it than when I went out!! :eek: A night out for £1.35 - bargain!!

I really don't know what his game was, but I'm pretty sure the grazed knee was down to him in some way. Its highly possible that I tried to stop his escape by trying to keep him on my foot and in the struggle that followed ended up getting knocked to the ground.

I really think I need to discuss things with his partner to see if I can get to the bottom of the situation. Although, I may have to wait a few days - he's struggling to cope with the loss of his 'sole' mate!! :lol:

paris
24-Mar-07, 18:01
Ive been tea total for just over a year now ( taking tablets ) but i could do with a good old drinking session, i envy you Henry, believe me !!!! jan x

obiron
24-Mar-07, 18:07
Don't panic Julia, my purse was safe!! In fact, amazingly, it only had £1.35 less in it than when I went out!! :eek: A night out for £1.35 - bargain!!

I really don't know what his game was, but I'm pretty sure the grazed knee was down to him in some way. Its highly possible that I tried to stop his escape by trying to keep him on my foot and in the struggle that followed ended up getting knocked to the ground.

I really think I need to discuss things with his partner to see if I can get to the bottom of the situation. Although, I may have to wait a few days - he's struggling to cope with the loss of his 'sole' mate!! :lol:

how did you manage to have a nite out for £1.35. amazing.

henry20
24-Mar-07, 18:17
I'm still trying to work that one out myself!!! I generally don't take out too much money with me - as I usually spend whatever I take out. We did gather at my friends house first where we had a few drinks, but not enough that would result in sock losses and grazed knees.

I opened my purse this morning fully expecting to have approx £1.35 left, not spent. The funny thing is, I've no idea what I bought for £1.35 as you can't get much in a bar at that price!! :lol:

moncur
24-Mar-07, 18:56
Henry, kinda know where ur coming from. I have had 2 definitive bouts of being 'T Total' which was out of my hands. First time was for a month and then the second time was 6 months. Needless to say my first nights on the town after each dry spell resulted in the worst hangover ever with absolutely no memory off what happened!
Even now im nowhere near as good as drinkin as when i was 18.
Ive been asked out for a 'couple' of pints tonight but think im goin to use my car as an excuse to stick to soft drinks.
Plus, whats the use on drinking tonight when I have a day off tomorrow? If im goin to be rough, i might as well get paid for it! lol

Jeemag_USA
24-Mar-07, 19:53
If im goin to be rough, i might as well get paid for it! lol

HA HA thats my kind of thinking, a philosophy to rival Confucious himself!!! [lol]

Jeemag_USA
24-Mar-07, 19:56
Don't panic Julia, my purse was safe!! In fact, amazingly, it only had £1.35 less in it than when I went out!! A night out for £1.35 - bargain!!

Lets hope he is not a "silent partner", you know the type that stays below the ankle and does what the other says.

PS What did one sock say to the other when he got a hole in the toe!..... "DARN IT" [lol]

I drink 3 or 4 bottles of light beer a day, that way I am always well greased up and practiced for any headlong binge that might come about! Doesn't half give me a belly though!

cuddlepop
24-Mar-07, 22:36
You have my sympathy Henry 20.Hope your feeling better
I've given up having more than one or two as I just cant handle the hangovers anymore.:eek:

connieb19
25-Mar-07, 00:20
I know how you feel Henry20, I had a few too many last night too, no cuts and bruises, I must have been trying to make coffe at some point last night though, when I went to boil the kettle today there were bubbles everywhere, for some odd reason I must have put fairy liquid in the kettle. :confused

Billy Boy
25-Mar-07, 00:37
I know how you feel Henry20, I had a few too many last night too, no cuts and bruises, I must have been trying to make coffe at some point last night though, when I went to boil the kettle today there were bubbles everywhere, for some odd reason I must have put fairy liquid in the kettle. :confused

lol maybe someone told you to go home and wash your mouth out and you took them literally:lol:

cullbucket
25-Mar-07, 00:52
A night oot for 1.35... You must be the other part of the equation.
I could never figure out how I could spend 80 quid on a night out with no taxi or food, just drink. I dont think I ever drunk 30 odd pints myself.... at least I think I didn"t.
Those days are gone now....