PDA

View Full Version : Hospital radio

Fran
13-Oct-14, 22:13
Would you be sorry to see radio remedy, the hospital radio close down.? Apparently no one listens and there are technical problems. I'm quite upset, I don't want it to finish. I started the radio over twenty years ago and it was very busy then. It would be sad to see it gone. I welcome your comments please?

Alice in Blunderland
14-Oct-14, 08:18
Hi Fran,

Unfortunately its a sign of the times. If you have a quick check you will see that its a similar story for a lot of the radio stations. Many of their listener numbers are down. Due to the fact that many of the new up to date mobile devices have now taken over so many aspects of our lives I am inclined to believe that no one in the hospital is tuning in any more. If the equipment is suffering technical issues then now is the appropriate time to address this before further valuable investment is poured into something which has in the past served a purpose but its time to move on. In past years people didnt have the same access to the media whilst in hospital however this has now all changed. I would assume that it will be the same in years to come with all the hospital tvs and phones due to most people being able to access most things via their ipads and smart phones. Its hard to see something end but you should be glad that in the last twenty years it did provide support to patients whilst in hospital.