PDA

View Full Version : Acting up.

cuddlepop
23-Mar-07, 17:48
As some of you know our high school has been without a Principal teacher for learning support for over a year plus.Eventually an existing teacher in that department who was reponsible for kids with challenging behaviour (For want of a better word)agread to act up.Interviews took place on Thursday and another teacher from away got the post.
Our "acting up" principal done a fantastic job in the few months he was in post and brought a sence of hope to us parents that things would get better.Another teacher from within the department applied to but was unsuccessful.
Why is it that people who take covering responsibility never seem to get the top job.
We are left with a new broom coming in that will inevitably bring change to a stable condition.
This has happened to me more times than I care to remember.What are your thoughts,is this common practice.:(

sweetpea
23-Mar-07, 20:34
Unfortunately acting up doesn't guarantee you anything it seems nowadays, met loads of people in this situation that never got the job. You tend to think your helping them out and should get the job but I think nowadays we are more than a number than ever. Replacable.

mccaugm
23-Mar-07, 22:58
Which school are you referring to?

Just curious as I am beginning to believe that after a while being the better school, Thurso now lags behind Wick. I feel the management of Thurso High is not what it was when I moved here almost 18 months ago. I am hearing better reports about Wick.

cuddlepop
24-Mar-07, 10:21
Which school are you referring to?

Just curious as I am beginning to believe that after a while being the better school, Thurso now lags behind Wick. I feel the management of Thurso High is not what it was when I moved here almost 18 months ago. I am hearing better reports about Wick.
Its the high school over here on Skye.:)
When we done our research a year or so ago Thurso was indeed the better school as far as reports go.Wasn't there a new appointment at headship lately in Wick?.maybe thats made a difference.

Smithy
24-Mar-07, 10:58
New Rector, he's been there about 1 year and you can see a lot of changes for the better. Staff including the rector are out before 9 am monitoring arrival of pupils detention if late, no matter what the weather is. Less kids smoking at front of school. Teachers also out monitoring at lunch times. Can't comment on the league tables but certainly seems more going on within Wick High. My children go there and they even comment on the improvement in classes and within the school.

Ricco
24-Mar-07, 19:59
I know that down here in England promotion to a top post very rarely goes to someone from within the school - almost always to an outsider.