PDA

View Full Version : New Forss > Dounreay Link Road

Bobinovich
22-Apr-05, 14:06
I've just seen the information on c.org headlines about a new link road between Forss Business Park and Dounreay. Anybody any idea if this is actually required - i.e. is the existing road (A836 I think) not enough? Is there sufficient use of the the current road between these two locations to be able to justify another?

Any thoughts?

William
22-Apr-05, 17:35
from where the lines are i don't think it will make much difference as it will onjly be used by dounreay people going back and forth between the two places unless i am totally worng which 9 times out of 10 i am.

But there would be some better sea views from there :)

Rheghead
22-Apr-05, 19:04
It could be good for Thurso cyclists to get away from the Dounreay morning traffic and encourage more to cycle to work like I do when it's not blowing a hoolie...

captain chaos
24-Apr-05, 09:16
There is something wrong with this whole application

The proposed road route linking the ex US Navy Base at Forss, Caithness and the UKAEA site at Dounreay has had a planning application lodged with the Highland Council by Abbey Group Cambridge shire Ltd. This brown field site next to the technology park owned by Newpark is classified as suitable for commercial development. The base had been unused since decommissioning in 1992. Caithness and Sutherland Enterprise have stated ³From the point of view of the local economy it is important that this site is brought into economic use. The owners, Abbey Properties, are keen to encourage firms requiring sites to bring business to the area. Abbey Group are confident that the new road will make the site even more attractive to developers and bring more development

Why does it stop several hundred yards short of the Forss business park? (New park) where the UKAEA employees are actually based.

Why would a company spend millions on a track from Dounreay to the edge of a green field site, the same site that is to have four more wind turbines?

And the strangest bit is that that same area is to be a new technology park! Why anyone would want an office under a wind turbine is beyond me.

Okay the forss base is close to the two that are presently running but not quite surrounded as would be the new development.

Also there have been rumors and I stress only rumors that the road is for Lorries and will have high fences and gated at both ends and the road is not for employees traveling between sites. Not sure what its intended use will be but no doubt someone may know