PDA

View Full Version : Fraud!! Watch for E-mail!

DarkAngel
23-Mar-07, 12:11
I got an E-Mail this morning for Nationwide bank sayin -

Dear Valued Customer,

During our regular update and verification of the Nationwide's Internet Banking Service, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has been changed or incomplete, as a result your access to use our services has been limited.
To restore your online banking access, kindly update your information. You can update your online banking details by following the link below.

I dont have a Bank account with them or i dont do Internet banking either.

Just letting everyone be aware of this!

dozerboy
23-Mar-07, 13:41
I got an E-Mail this morning for Nationwide bank sayin -

Dear Valued Customer,

During our regular update and verification of the Nationwide's Internet Banking Service, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has been changed or incomplete, as a result your access to use our services has been limited.
To restore your online banking access, kindly update your information. You can update your online banking details by following the link below.

I dont have a Bank account with them or i dont do Internet banking either.

Just letting everyone be aware of this!

Anyone with an once of common sense knows that no bank would email you asking you to re-enter your account or personal information!!

burstbucker
23-Mar-07, 14:01
I got one last week from Bank of America, be carefull out there.

sam
23-Mar-07, 14:20
I got one this morning from UsBancorp online asking for my details, but as Dozerboy says no bank would email you asking for your personal details

Victoria
23-Mar-07, 14:35
I get about 5 a week from HSNC, lloyds, Abbey...in fact any bank that ever existed!!!

Its a shame I dont have money in any of these accounts - I might be rich by now!!! [lol]

johno
23-Mar-07, 14:39
yea i got one last week also ,from pay pal [ supposed to be] asking for bank no.s ,acc nos and pin no.s. still i s.pose 1 in a thousand might fall for it. you would think these crooks can be traced, i mean they seem to catch the paedo s so why not the scammer,s.

lassieinfife
23-Mar-07, 14:54
I also got one from paypal saying i had purchased a computer...billing address in america .... aye right...

darkman
23-Mar-07, 15:05
be carefull out there.Were you a hill street blues fan.:D