PDA

View Full Version : Proud of their flag

piratelassie
07-Oct-14, 17:04
Just back from Malta where they fly their flag with great pride, just wish I could do the same

sids
07-Oct-14, 17:32
Just back from Malta where they fly their flag with great pride,

You see that in pipsqueak little countries.

just wish I could do the same

Who's stopping you?

joxville
07-Oct-14, 18:18
Just back from Malta where they fly their flag with great pride, just wish I could do the sameI think a Jolly Roger would look silly outside your house! 😃

golach
07-Oct-14, 18:49
Whats stopping you flying a Union Flag? No law against that. I am proud to have served under 3 Ensigns, the Red,for the Merchant Navy, the Blue, for service in the RFA, and then 29 years as a reservist under the White, the Royal Navy.

Rheghead
07-Oct-14, 19:01
Whats stopping you flying a Union Flag? No law against that. I am proud to have served under 3 Ensigns, the Red,for the Merchant Navy, the Blue, for service in the RFA, and then 29 years as a reservist under the White, the Royal Navy.

Rub salt into the ire why don't you? :)

bekisman
07-Oct-14, 19:19
Had our piano tuner up today from the Central Belt, he says he usually flies the Saltire in the garden by his house, but he feels now it's got an association with the 'yes' campaign, i.e. it's been hijacked and is now thinking about flying the red lion on a yellow background [Lion Rampant of Scotland?]..

weelassagee
07-Oct-14, 19:59
Today, flag waving. Tomorrow, jingoism. Andre has a red flag, Chiang Ching's is blue . They all have hills to fly them on except for Lin Tai Yu.

Rheghead
07-Oct-14, 20:02
Had our piano tuner up today from the Central Belt, he says he usually flies the Saltire in the garden by his house, but he feels now it's got an association with the 'yes' campaign, i.e. it's been hijacked and is now thinking about flying the red lion on a yellow background [Lion Rampant of Scotland?]..

In there tells us a story.

LMS
07-Oct-14, 20:23
Just back from Malta where they fly their flag with great pride, just wish I could do the sameYawn!! Here she goes again.

sids
07-Oct-14, 21:49
We're talking about the Caithness flag, aren't we?

The one with a crow on it.

piratelassie
07-Oct-14, 22:12
When are you people going to wake up, take things seriously and smell the coffee.

weelassagee
07-Oct-14, 22:19
you people Don't you just love it when someone uses that phrase. How condescending is that?

bekisman
07-Oct-14, 22:30
When are you people going to wake up, take things seriously and smell the coffee.
Yes I like the flag too - I was there quite some time ago, and it's nice to see it has an attachment/connection to Great Britain..

'The flag of this island nation uses the traditional red and white colours of the Knights of Malta. The George Cross, outlined in red, was added to the flag in the 1940s, as King George VI of BRITAIN presented it to islanders for outstanding gallantry during World War II.'

Oh yes they did a lovely Lavazza Americano too!:roll:

bekisman
07-Oct-14, 22:31
In there tells us a story.
It sure do Reggie!

Rheghead
07-Oct-14, 22:59
It sure do Reggie!

Yes it is a shame that he feels ashamed about his own flag through his own prejudice. Nobody made him feel that way...

sids
08-Oct-14, 06:40

When are you person going to tell us what you're going on about?

What flag can you not fly or are not proud of, though you wish you were? And why?

rich62_uk
08-Oct-14, 11:18
Depends on where you are to be honest, if your in Birmingham Manchester or many parts of London for example then no you cant fly the flag. Legally you can yes however if you dont want your windows smashed etc then do not fly your flag.

Scotland or rather up here you can till your hearts content. I am not sure about places like Glasgow ?