PDA

View Full Version : Dog Killed By Car

pig whisperer
06-Oct-14, 21:10
Did anyone see the person who hit & killed a little black & white dog with their car, opposite Dunnets Garage Wick & then drove off, leaving my Daughter & her 4 year old son devastated. If you saw it happen & have any details could you please tell the police or pm me it is an offence & should be reported within 24 hours, Thanks

weelassagee
07-Oct-14, 11:42
Maybe the question you should be asking is where is the owner of the dog that lets it run around the streets unattended interfering with traffic. That is where the offence is in this case.

If the car had swerved to avoid it, mounted the pavement and injured your grandson, then I think you'd be taking a very different view here on where blame lies.

kriklah
07-Oct-14, 13:20
oh for the love of...... theres always one isnt there

the dog wasnt "left to run around the streets unattended", it escaped the garden

the driver, having hit the dog, drove off, rather than see to the animal, more interested in getting to the garage to get fuel

yes its an owners responsibility to secure their animals, but its a drivers responsibiltiy to report an accident involving a dog, and purely human responsibiltiy to have the decencey to own up!!!!

Liz
07-Oct-14, 13:23
Maybe it would be best to find out the facts before jumping to conclusions! Oh and a bit of compassion wouldn't go amiss!!

The driver has committed an offence by not stopping.

My sincere condolences.

weelassagee
07-Oct-14, 13:23
the dog....escaped the garden

yes its an owners responsibility to secure their animals

In which case you and I are saying the same thing.

pig whisperer
07-Oct-14, 14:02
Weelassiegee the dogs are not allowed to run loose about the town, they got out because a gate that is kept closed came open, wether that was by the wind or human hand we don't know, thank you for your comment, it wasn't helpful but Im sure you feel better for making it.

Redsnapper
07-Oct-14, 15:49
----and meanwhile; how many bairns is this world have died of hunger, disease and cruelty.

nightspirit
07-Oct-14, 15:57
Sorry a bit off topic here - As stated dog goit out yes it happens - as stated is offence to drive off as accident - no one seems to disagree .. but COME ON kiddies have lost their pet and all you can do is snipe - some people make me ASHAMED to be part of the human race with there PETTY sniping.. Grow up ffs

Alrock
07-Oct-14, 17:04
I'm staying out of this, last time I got involved in such a discussion I got threatened with physical violence for even suggesting that the driver might not have been at fault....

In fact, maybe threads on this type of subject should be banned, they can get just as heated & animonious as any of the Independence threads if not more so.

weelassagee
07-Oct-14, 17:20
I'm staying out of this, last time I got involved in such a discussion I got threatened with physical violence for even suggesting that the driver might not have been at fault....

In fact, maybe threads on this type of subject should be banned, they can get just as heated & animonious as any of the Independence threads if not more so.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you've been threatened.

I believe I posted an alternative viewpoint on the topic without any heat or acrimony.

If people don't like to hear an alternative viewpoint then they should keep quiet to begin with.

sids
07-Oct-14, 17:36
If the car had swerved to avoid it, mounted the pavement and injured your grandson.

What if it swerved again, as the driver wrestled the controls, narrowly missing the boy but killing some kittens?

Liz
07-Oct-14, 17:44
----and meanwhile; how many bairns is this world have died of hunger, disease and cruelty.

And your point is?

weelassagee
07-Oct-14, 20:03
What if it swerved again, as the driver wrestled the controls, narrowly missing the boy but killing some kittens?Depends if they were in mittens.

sids
07-Oct-14, 21:47
Depends if they were in mittens.

I've changed my mind. It's downy little orphaned ducklings.

pig whisperer
08-Oct-14, 12:14
thanks for all the comments & yes if a child was hurt i would want to know who was responsible too, the point was that the gate which is always closed was opened,my daughter & grandson were NOTwalking around the street with their dog off the lead

Alrock
08-Oct-14, 12:28
thanks for all the comments & yes if a child was hurt i would want to know who was responsible too, the point was that the gate which is always closed was opened,my daughter & grandson were NOTwalking around the street with their dog off the lead

So you agree then that it was an accident, no intention on the part of the driver to hit the dog?

Yes, he/she should have stopped by law but maybe he/she was unaware of this (many people are, I was until the previous thread I mentioned above). Trying to hunt him/her down is not going to bring the dog back. Better to put your efforts into comforting the child & explaining that these things happen, tragic as they are, rather than apportioning blame.

RJM
08-Oct-14, 17:00
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Your making jokes about someone's pet being tragically killed. Unbelievable. Disgusting!

Dadie
08-Oct-14, 18:46
Lock the thread?
Get details by pm or police only.
Or get the whole thread deleted by mods and start another that is locked from the start.