PDA

View Full Version : Crunchy Peanut Butter or smooth?

Cinders392
22-Mar-07, 22:33
Do you prefer crunchy peanut butter or smooth? I am definately a crunchy! Especially if you stick it in the freezer then hack into it straight from the jar after its cooled!:Razz

brandy
22-Mar-07, 22:38
smooooooooootttttttthhhhhh! *G*

Julia
22-Mar-07, 22:46
Smooth on hot toast, it's probably a bit like eating glue on toast

emszxr
22-Mar-07, 22:50
my 2 and half year old loves crunchy on her toast in the morning

rfr10
22-Mar-07, 22:57
Smooth because you don't get bits stuck in your teeth and I feel that crunchy makes your mouth feel dry...

brandy
22-Mar-07, 23:03
ohhh and dont forget a peanut butter and jam sandwich!

Rheghead
22-Mar-07, 23:05
I prefer mine in the bin and unopened. Yuck!

DarkAngel
22-Mar-07, 23:09
100% agree with you Rheghead! Yuck!!:eek:

Rheghead
22-Mar-07, 23:13
I must admit to buying it though, the crunchy variety makes the best bird food this side of whistledom, especially when daubed on the inside of a coconut shell.:lol:

lassieinfife
22-Mar-07, 23:23
some fantastic recipes around using peanut butter.......

Cinders392
22-Mar-07, 23:30
some fantastic recipes around using peanut butter.......

like sticking it inside chocolate! Reeces Peanut butter cups or a snickers. The used to do snickers spread in safeways. I never see it now. Good thing I suppose, only going to get me to a heart attack quicker. Although I aint the best eater in the world. Tooth is too sweet. Ice cream on toast is good too!

Ojibwa
22-Mar-07, 23:30
Smooth please! :) Peanut butter & banana sandwich yum yum! or for a real treat, hot toast with peanut butter & nutella.

Victoria
22-Mar-07, 23:46
Neither!! Euughhhhhhhh! :eek:

Buttercup
23-Mar-07, 00:22
Crunchy ~ I do like a bit of rough! ;) [lol]

Whitewater
23-Mar-07, 04:36
Better not taking either, it knocks your cholestral (spelling) levels way over the top

Metalattakk
23-Mar-07, 05:30
It amazes me that 95% of crunchy peanut butter consists solely of peanuts. The rest is mainly cane sugar.

CCT
23-Mar-07, 07:50
Crunchie ... on toast, with banana. Yum!

SNOWDOG
23-Mar-07, 10:27
Any combination of crunchy peanut butter and chocolate is lush, sounds awful, but tastes great! :Razz

Penelope Pitstop
23-Mar-07, 10:50
It amazes me that 95% of crunchy peanut butter consists solely of peanuts. The rest is mainly cane sugar.

You also get stuff with no sugar in it.............yummmmmm. Got to be crunchy though and eaten with a spoon straight from the jar!! lol

henry20
23-Mar-07, 10:58
NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yuk yuk yuk. I once went on a 3 day diet which had peanut butter on toast for 1 of the breakfasts. Because I dislike peanut butter so much, I decided it would be less painful to swallow the teaspoon of peanut butter, then enjoy the toast by itself, but it took my brain about 10 minutes to convince the rest of me that I HAD to swallow the peanut butter! Makes me ill just thinking about it.

Give me raspberry jam anyday :D

golach
23-Mar-07, 11:13

I'm with you on this one also, peanut butter is on my most unwanted list

stratman
23-Mar-07, 12:54
Peanut butter (always crunchy) and Branston Pickle butties. Sound disgusting Tastes great!!!!

Victoria
23-Mar-07, 13:03
Peanut butter (always crunchy) and Branston Pickle butties. Sound disgusting Tastes great!!!!

*shudders* that is just wrong :~(

dozerboy
23-Mar-07, 13:39
Do you prefer crunchy peanut butter or smooth? I am definately a crunchy! Especially if you stick it in the freezer then hack into it straight from the jar after its cooled!:Razz

It depends entirely on what purpose you intend to use it for?

it's not just for human consumption............

Angela
23-Mar-07, 13:47
Could I just have marmalade instead please? :confused :lol:

garycs
23-Mar-07, 14:08
Warm a chocolate digestive under the grill so that the chocolate melts then spread crunchy peanut butter on it so that it mixes in with the chocolate, lovely!!!

However, my wife thinks this is the product or a deranged mind!

lasher
23-Mar-07, 14:37
Has to be crunchy, can't believe some people don't like it!

The_man_from_del_monte
23-Mar-07, 21:16

Couldn't agree more man that stuff is like chowing down on wallpaper paste with a nutty flavour.... sticks your tongue onto the roof of your mouth..... I remember there was a craze for peanut butter and bacon toasties, I tried one and couldn't swallow the thing it was like trying to swallow hay :eek:

Julia
23-Mar-07, 21:20
I remember there was a craze for peanut butter and bacon toasties

Now there's an idea!

The_man_from_del_monte
23-Mar-07, 21:30
Now there's an idea!

Not that you need a recipe for such a simple to put together thing but just to let you know there are many peanut butter and bacon recipes out there in Google land including this one http://www.recipezaar.com/188007

Victoria
23-Mar-07, 21:46
Not that you need a recipe for such a simple to put together thing but just to let you know there are many peanut butter and bacon recipes out there in Google land including this one http://www.recipezaar.com/188007

Don't encourage them TMFDM!!!! They are just WRONG. End of! ;)

stratman
23-Mar-07, 23:20
*shudders* that is just wrong :~(
Wrong but soooooooooo good (yum).

footie chick
23-Mar-07, 23:26
YUK peanut butter is right up there with Marmite {YUK YUK YUK} kids luv marmite though I hate it can't stand the smell of it

Cinders392
23-Mar-07, 23:53
It depends entirely on what purpose you intend to use it for?

it's not just for human consumption............

Really? Please elaborate. I was refering to eating it, and not with pigs or any other kind of meat! I thought mars bars in batter were crazy but bacon and peanunt butter. OMG

Errogie
25-Mar-07, 21:58
Peanut butter is the ultimate bait for..... mousetraps! Mine prefer it crunchy and it sticks better to the trigger.

XR2
26-Mar-07, 12:49
Definitely Crunchy, its brill on hot toast. Not too bad on a ham sandwich too.

dozerboy
26-Mar-07, 12:53
Peanut butter is the ultimate bait for..... mousetraps! Mine prefer it crunchy and it sticks better to the trigger.

Exactly what I was trying to say in my post. Mine prefer it smooth though. Works a treat. the mice can smell it from a good distance. I have had them crossing the floor right in front of my eyes to go see the peanut butter!!

dozerboy
26-Mar-07, 12:55
Really? Please elaborate. I was refering to eating it, and not with pigs or any other kind of meat! I thought mars bars in batter were crazy but bacon and peanunt butter. OMG

Chill Cinders392 - see my post directly above this one referring to using it for the old mouse traps!!

Cinders392
26-Mar-07, 23:20
Chill Cinders392 - see my post directly above this one referring to using it for the old mouse traps!!

mmm, Im the most chilled vegetarian here!

Jospra
26-Mar-07, 23:29
Crunchy peanut butter and marmite is a great sandwich combination, but only in wholemeal bread. Tastes really beefy.

The_man_from_del_monte
26-Mar-07, 23:32
Don't encourage them TMFDM!!!! They are just WRONG. End of! ;)

As much as I dislike peanut butter I must admit it's pallatable if incorporated into a crispy bacon sandwich..... try "The elvis" as per this site: http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/sandwich_shop.cfm?show=2

oldmarine
27-Mar-07, 01:29

I like crunching the nuts in my teeth when I eat peanut butter. And so I opt for the crunchy peanut butter.