PDA

View Full Version : New Survey

Redsnapper
03-Oct-14, 10:38
Now that winters coming and to brighten up the org, I was just wondering how many folk would be interested in a survey regarding the different drying times of various brands of emulsion paint

dandod
03-Oct-14, 11:23
Nothing like brightening up your day by watching paint dry

Redsnapper
03-Oct-14, 12:03
Certainly more exciting than this forum has been for the last wee while

PantsMAN
03-Oct-14, 12:09
Just realised that the grass is growing much slower now. Still great fun to watch though.

Redsnapper
03-Oct-14, 12:21
You'll notice that once the average temp gets to 5 deg grass stops growing so watching a thermometer is a fascinating passtime.

gerry4
03-Oct-14, 13:48
Maybe they could be a notice to say what topics we can chat about. Agreed paint drying times would be top of my list.

Alrock
03-Oct-14, 15:37
Discussing drying times of paint is OK, just don't bring up the colour issue...

joxville
03-Oct-14, 15:52
Does Tesco sell paint? What time does it open? (The shop, not the tin) :-)

joxville
03-Oct-14, 15:58
What do you use to open your tins of paint? I favour a hand grenade, not only does it save me injuring myself using a screwdriver, it saves me labouring on a boring job! 😃

bekisman
03-Oct-14, 19:28
It's more or less paint, but B&Q Quick Dry Varnish is fantastic. it's so quick I actually sit and watch it dry!!

Shaggy
03-Oct-14, 20:41
I would recommend that nobody buys "one coat" paints. Admittedly it does save time but it's nowhere near as much fun or as satisfying as watching two or three coats drying.

golach
03-Oct-14, 21:29
How fast is fast drying paint? Coz I am busy, and need to know how much time I should give to watching it dry.

Kevin Milkins
03-Oct-14, 21:49
I learned something new about paint today. That is all.

Kodiak
03-Oct-14, 22:17
Now that winters coming and to brighten up the org, I was just wondering how many folk would be interested in a survey regarding the different drying times of various brands of emulsion paint

Well I am getting my Hall painted tomorrow and Sunday. I will time it and see how long it takes to dry.

pig whisperer
04-Oct-14, 13:00
We are building a new hen house so will be watching the cuprinol [or the cheaper Homebase equvilent ] dry, we may have to take a coffee break but will keep a record of the time to produce an accurate result

bekisman
04-Oct-14, 13:14
It's more or less paint, but B&Q Quick Dry Varnish is fantastic. it's so quick I actually sit and watch it dry!!
28 minutes!!!!

joxville
04-Oct-14, 15:30
What do you use to open your tins of paint? I favour a hand grenade, not only does it save me injuring myself using a screwdriver, it saves me labouring on a boring job! 😃I'm glad to report I've successfully painted a room using this method, the paint was dry in 2 hours 😃Can someone recommend a joiner and glazier for a wee job?

Kenn
04-Oct-14, 21:37
I trust you allowed for temperature, humidity, porousness of the surface being painted, size of brush or roller used and that you fell asleep for a minimum of fifteen minutes.