PDA

View Full Version : Love bites or hikies

danc1ngwitch
22-Mar-07, 19:00
how many young ones and old ones do you see wea love bites?
I dunno how alot of people feel about them.
Yep i used to go around wea them once upon a time, i also used to laugh at the disgust on peoples faces, but now as i have grown older...:eek:

connieb19
22-Mar-07, 19:07
Yuk!! especially if the person who has them is serving you food somewhere. I hate to think what it might be like on parts of the body we canna see. :eek: :lol:

dragonfly
22-Mar-07, 19:34
on young ones its a rite of passage, fully expect my two to come home with them flaunting them with pride!!! Think its disgusting on folk who are mature enough to know better! :confused :eek:

lassieinfife
22-Mar-07, 20:14
I just think they are disgusting and have never had one in my 55 and a bit years...........and all were warned well in advance do that to me and you are dead[evil]

Lavenderblue2
22-Mar-07, 20:26
I have to agree with you all, I think they are the most disgusting looking things. I would have been killed had I ever come home with one and in turn, my children were warned too! Now they are getting near to the time when they'll be warning their own offspring.

LB

DarkAngel
22-Mar-07, 20:53
I agree aswell they are just cheap and tacky..BUT i must admit..I used to come home and show them with pride..thinkin i was cool..lol Im sure every teenager will get them at somepoint its all part of it...:lol:

I think its disgusting on older people...Just makes them look tacky! [disgust]

Mister Squiggle
22-Mar-07, 20:57
The urban myth when I was at high school was that some of the more desperate types were giving themselves hickeys using their Mum's vacuum cleaner nozzle, in order to convince the more cynically minded of us that they had a girl/boyfriend. Potentially dangerous and positively tragic ... Perhaps some fellow orgers have heard similar tales?

danc1ngwitch
22-Mar-07, 21:02
The urban myth when I was at high school was that some of the more desperate types were giving themselves hickeys using their Mum's vacuum cleaner nozzle, in order to convince the more cynically minded of us that they had a girl/boyfriend. Potentially dangerous and positively tragic ... Perhaps some fellow orgers have heard similar tales?
Yes i was told of the strange things boys did wea the hoover[lol]

lassieinfife
22-Mar-07, 21:15
and some of the stranger ones moved on to car exhausts if i remember correctly lol;)

connieb19
22-Mar-07, 21:51
Yes i was told of the strange things boys did wea the hoover[lol]I watched a programme about this one night, it could turn quite nasty if it got caught in the motor.:confused

x-baby-faced-angel-x
22-Mar-07, 21:55
I was WELL WARNED by my mum and my boyfriends mum about love bites! I dont like them and would never come home with one, but almost everyone my age has one. And yes i have heard the hoover stories aswell :lol:

Cinders392
22-Mar-07, 22:17
on young ones its a rite of passage, fully expect my two to come home with them flaunting them with pride!!! Think its disgusting on folk who are mature enough to know better!

I agree with dragonfly. The young are learning by living. I think they are horrible. However I have a birth mark on my neck and the amount of people that say 'the vampires or midges out last night then?'
God I bet when people first meet me they must think Im a right floozy. Which Im not! most of the time!:lol: ;)

foxy-jnr
22-Mar-07, 22:35
i thin love bites are quite funny on people my age (teenager) but there more disgusting on people older :lol:

brandy
22-Mar-07, 22:36
welllllllllllllllll... ahemm.. im 30, so not a teenager by any means nor an old fart either..
and there are times that i find i have some supicious bruising that mysteriously appeared on my neck!
however i am happily married.. note the happy part.. and sometime.. *yes we do still neck and get jiggy with it* and sometimes hubby gets a bit frisky *laughs* but i just laugh it off.. its not like i go around with a ring of bruises on my neck and have them every other day.
but i do get a giggle .. when you get those stares.. and those hurumphs.. and mrs. miller you should know better at your age!
*laughs* yup my age is the age YOU SHOULD be getting love bites!
*winks*

Julia
22-Mar-07, 22:49
when you get those stares.. and those hurumphs.. and mrs. miller you should know better at your age!

Probably just jealous! Wishing they had someone to chew on them

Aren't they supposed to be bad for you tho'?

brandy
22-Mar-07, 23:00
they are just broken blood vessels.. so yeah i guess prolonged and huge ones could be bad. its only bruising in other words..

Bloo
22-Mar-07, 23:09
well a love bite is basically just saying "let me bite a big chunk off your neck!"[lol]

bigjjuk
23-Mar-07, 09:07
Just a question for you all, why dont u like em?????????
It is just a bruise on the neck. If you bashed your chin and got a bruise, no one would say a thing, but a bit of passion is showed against a person they care about and all of a sudden its disgusting, Mayb its a age thing, im in my 30's but a hicky wouldnt bother me in the slightest. BRING BACK THE PASSION I SAY

dozerboy
23-Mar-07, 13:56
I watched a programme about this one night, it could turn quite nasty if it got caught in the motor.:confused

If what exactly gets caught in the motor????

What are you implying Connieb19??

Julia
23-Mar-07, 17:10
Just a question for you all, why dont u like em?????????
Mayb its a age thing, im in my 30's but a hicky wouldnt bother me in the slightest. BRING BACK THE PASSION I SAY

I don't mind them but my mother has other ideas :eek: , I am 37 btw!! Other half loves em, would wear it like a badge of honour

sweetpea
23-Mar-07, 21:11
Never into them myself, but do remember a guy pinning me down and giving me one so I'd get into trouble. My mate at school used to have necklaces of them round her throat, we laugh about ti now.

rockchick
24-Mar-07, 00:47
I used to be quite proud of my ability to give a hickey in less than 3 seconds...but my husband absolutely refuses to allow me this. He thinks they're disgusting, even if they're done in places that don't show.

Fair enough, if they don't give pleasure to both parties then they're not worth doing.

percy toboggan
24-Mar-07, 10:44
on young ones its a rite of passage, fully expect my two to come home with them flaunting them with pride!!! Think its disgusting on folk who are mature enough to know better! :confused :eek:

Pure common sense. For what it's worth I agree wholeheartedly.

paris
24-Mar-07, 18:09
I remember rubbing toothpaste on one i had as i was told it made them go quicker! jan x

henry20
24-Mar-07, 18:24
I must admit I was terrible for giving people love bites. I have to agree it is an age thing though - its the 'norm' to see them on teenagers, but I must admit I find it weird seeing it on older people.

While I never really liked having them, I sure had fun receiving them!! ;)

mccaugm
25-Mar-07, 12:32
I remember a girl in my class at school she must have been about 13/14 at the time had these browny/yellow love bits in rows of four on her neck...12 in total, looked gross.

We also had what were known as twisters...where you grabbed someone by the neck, twisted the skin - gave similar effect as a love bite. The whole school got hauled into the assembly hall and were informed that this was dangerous as if you caught someone in a certain way, you could kill them. Scary stuff!