PDA

View Full Version : Thrumster Dog Mess

weeker2014
28-Sep-14, 18:41
I am fed up of walking around Thrumster and finding dog mess everywhere. I pick up after my dogs so why can they not. In fairness to large dog owners it seems to be those with small dogs not cleaning up. Is anyone else finding this issue growing?

DIM1
28-Sep-14, 19:11
For someone that has posted about being fed up to the back teeth about someone else moaning, you don't half do a lot of moaning.
Just saying.

weeker2014
28-Sep-14, 19:16
Nice to know I am being stalked :-)

weeker2014
28-Sep-14, 19:20
For someone that has posted about being fed up to the back teeth about someone else moaning, you don't half do a lot of moaning.
Just saying.

And i believe the full quote was that I was sick of people moaning about things which are good for the county. Luckily dog mess and bad delivery companies stop me from being a hypocrite!

DIM1
28-Sep-14, 19:30
And i believe the full quote was that I was sick of people moaning about things which are good for the county. Luckily dog mess and bad delivery companies stop me from being a hypocrite!

What does it matter what people choose to moan about, I was just pointing out that you were critical of someone moaning and then in two adjacent threads you were having a gurn about two separate subjects.

weeker2014
28-Sep-14, 19:35
I was critical of what they were moaning about so there is a HUGE difference. So many meanings of DIM1. You sound like a reporter cutting up quotes to suit your requirements.

DIM1
28-Sep-14, 19:49
You've lost me, I guess I must be as dim as my user name suggest, I was just saying it as I saw it.

DMFB
29-Sep-14, 19:03
Dog Fouling has been a persistant problem in many areas not just the village of Thrumster.I would like to add that over the last few years many more dog owners are taking responsibility for their own dogs mess and ARE picking it up including Thurmster.A few years ago it was quite bad but the improvement is noticeable.I can only assume you are new to the area and cannot gauge this for yourself. Well done to those who pick up and come on the one or two who may not again its the few who are giving a bad name to the many but honestly its very much an improvement already.

telfordstar
30-Sep-14, 14:58
I guess it's the "mess" coming out users keyboard on here that needs addressed, to amusing

Alice in Blunderland
01-Oct-14, 09:22
On a daily basis I find myself seeing people in the village of Thrumster walking their dogs and I have to say I notice they pick up after their dogs ( of all sizes ). The state of the pavements in the village are massively improved and this has been noticed by many. I am sure many of your neighbours including the one directly opposite you and the walker of a small dog on occassion would be extremely hurt to know you were openly posting on a public forum with regard to dog mess and pointing the accusatory finger in the walkers of small dogs direction.

There will be the occasional incident when the odd dog which will get out and mess however as a general rule I have to post in defense of the dog owners in the village even though I personally do not have a dog and have in the past complained about the mess however this was years ago it IS much better.

Alice in Blunderland
02-Oct-14, 11:50
Weeker 2010 rather than sending me a pm asking me to come to your door for a 'debate' why not if you as you imply know which little dog is having its little whoopsie that annoys you so much trot along to the owners house and nicely point out whats happening. It would have a much better effect than banging on about it on here giving people what I consider IMHO is very much the wrong impression of an area.

I have said it before and I will say it again over the last thirty odd years that I have lived in Thrumster the dog mess problem has massively improved and praise where praise should be! Most of the owners I see DO pick up after them.
I am sure that once you have settled into this area and got to know the locals you will find they do not bite ( pardon the pun in relation to dogs ), they will listen to you if you mention something like this to them. :D