PDA

View Full Version : Head + song = temporary insanity!

Julia
21-Mar-07, 23:11
Do you ever get a song stuck in your head which slowly over time drives you mad?

I've had Take That's 'Shine' going round my old knackered brain for about a week now :eek:

lin
21-Mar-07, 23:15
You must be insane, if your thinking of Take That songs!:(

brandy
21-Mar-07, 23:22
with me its lordi *grins*

ks
21-Mar-07, 23:42
Lucky you - that isn't as bad as the theme tune to Wonder Pets kids tv show that my daughter was watching the other day and I can still hear it going round and round in my head!

j4bberw0ck
21-Mar-07, 23:57
"Standing in the way of control" - The Gossip. I share office space with someone who can't live without Radio 1. I can't live with it - presented by morons, for people with attention spans that make gnats seem positively intellectual. And a playlist of about 3 records. Sorry, Radio 1 fans :lol:

Actually, I like this record. But I can't get it out of my head. Drives me mental.

The_man_from_del_monte
22-Mar-07, 00:04
I've had Take That's 'Shine' going round my old knackered brain for about a week now

Ouch! My commiserations go out to you.

I've had Peters and Lee's "welcome home" playing in my head (on a 24/7 loop) for 34 years........ You think you've got problems? http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/smilies/shock.gif

I can even sing it for you...............

I'm so alone, my love without you
You're part of everything I do
When you come back, and you're beside me
These are the words I'll say to you

Welcome home, welcome
Come on in, and close the door
You've been gone, too long
Welcome, you're home once more

I thought of all the things I'd say to you
When you come back to me someday
When you are here and we're together
With all my heart you'll hear me say

Welcome home, welcome

There are so many lonely people
Why must they ever be apart
I hope someday you'll be together
Singing these words with all your heart

Welcome home, welcome
(Welcome home)

http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/smilies2/EekBulb.gif

The_man_from_del_monte
22-Mar-07, 00:06
"Standing in the way of control" - The Gossip. I share office space with someone who can't live without Radio 1. I can't live with it - presented by morons, for people with attention spans that make gnats seem positively intellectual. And a playlist of about 3 records. Sorry, Radio 1 fans :lol:

Word. Compressed pap!

connieb19
22-Mar-07, 00:06
Regina Spektor......fidelity, when I first heard her I thought it was someone phoning into the radio for a laugh. :confused but when Ask Elvis comes on the radio gets switched off for the day.

brandy
22-Mar-07, 09:07
no whats bad is when its a fight between b lues clues and lazy town.. and you start mixing the two *Grins*

obiron
22-Mar-07, 17:56
the one that really bugs me when its in the head is macho man by village people. man its in there now. "macho macho man i want to be a macho man"

Victoria
22-Mar-07, 17:58
the one that really bugs me when its in the head is macho man by village people. man its in there now. "macho macho man i want to be a macho man"

LMAO!!!!!![lol]

I've got that 'I Want Candy' song from the film!!! arrghhhh!!

sweetpea
23-Mar-07, 20:08
I've had The Gossip song in my head for weeks now too, but today I had the line Oh My God I Can't Believe it in my head all day, even sang it down the phone to someone, mad or what?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Mar-07, 21:56
Last song to get stuck in ma heid was "Is this the way to Amarillo",its not just the song that gets stuck in yer heid,its the marchin actions as well.At the beginning o' the week it was "Singin in the Rain."By today it was"Hot in the City":lol:

sweetpea
23-Mar-07, 22:03
What's really cool is if your on a big night out a group of you and you start singing your way round pubs and get stuck on the same song 'cringe worthy'. My problem is I can't sing in my head for long beofre I have to start singing out loud and the looks I get are amazing. It's like speaking to myself going round the supermarket.

the charlatans
23-Mar-07, 22:43
try having any Cbeebies tune stuck in your head. i don't mind some of them, Balamory, Postman Pat and i am rather partial to Noddy but oh man i hate Doodle Doo or the Shiney Show.

all day doodle doo doodle doo going round and around and around.

quick listen to some Charlatans to get it out. ahhhh thats better. One to another....

footie chick
23-Mar-07, 23:15
[quote=the charlatans;204472] oh man i hate Doodle Doo or the Shiney Show.

all day doodle doo doodle doo going round and around and around.quote]

I'm with you on that one they are soooo annoying :confused

Tristan
24-Mar-07, 12:26
One way to get a song out of your head is to start singing the tune from the old television show The Odd Couple. It works.
http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=5118&aid=19
http://odd_couple.tripod.com/sounds/

j4bberw0ck
24-Mar-07, 13:15
What's really cool is if your on a big night out a group of you and you start singing your way round pubs and get stuck on the same song 'cringe worthy'

Anyone remember Laurie Anderson and "O Superman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hhm0NHhCBg)"? A group of us rather irresponsible twenty-somethings (in Chester, at the time) used to go out round the local pubs and have one or two glasses of lemonade <ahem> and do an a capella rendition.......

The "hah hah hah hah hah hah......" backing really grinds its way into your brain cell after 8 minutes or so....

I can't remember a time in my life when I got slung out of more pubs :roll:

Hi Mom.... :lol:

Jeemag_USA
24-Mar-07, 14:32
For some reason someone mentioned Peters and Lee (who I am embarrased to say remember from when I was a small boy) now I have started thinking of "Save all your kisses for me" how does that work, I don';t think they even did that song but it made me think of it now I can stop thinking of it, I hate you all for doing that!!! :lol:

Julia
24-Mar-07, 16:10
For some reason someone mentioned Peters and Lee (who I am embarrased to say remember from when I was a small boy) now I have started thinking of "Save all your kisses for me" how does that work, I don';t think they even did that song but it made me think of it now I can stop thinking of it, I hate you all for doing that!!! :lol:

Peter and Lee, I have a feint memory of them too but as for 'Save your kisses for me' by Brotherhood of Man, I loved that song when I was 6!

Now as it's stuck in your head you may as well get the lyrics right! :evil

Though it hurts to go away
It's impossible to stay
But there's one thing I must say
Before I go
I love you (I love you) you know
I'll be thinking of you
In most everything I do

Now the time is moving on
And I really should be gone
But you keep me hanging on
For one more smile
I love you (I love you) all the while
With your cute little ways
Will you promise that you'll save
Your kisses for me
Save all your kisses for me
Bye bye baby bye bye
Don't cry honey don't cry
Gonna walk out the door
But I'll soon be back for more
Kisses for me
So long honey so long
Hang on baby hang on
Don't you dare me to stay
Coz you know I'll have to say
That I've got to work each day
And that's why I go away
But I count the seconds
Till I'm home with you
I love you (I love you) it's true
You're so cute honey gee
Won't you save them up for me
Your kisses for me
Bye bye baby bye bye
Gonna walk out the door
But I'll soon be back for more
Kisses for me
So long honey so long
Hang on baby hang on
Don't you dare me to stay
Coz you know you've got to save
Your kisses for me
Bye bye baby bye bye
Won't you save them for me
Even though you're only three

Errogie
25-Mar-07, 21:52
I have a friend who refers to this phenomena as having a virus tune in your head. Sometimes it can go away by itself but then it can also be rectivated and attack you all over again.
T.V. adverts are the worst and I've never really properly recovered from the Shake and Vac and the hunt for another Maria did a pretty good job of awakening long supressed memories of the Sound of Music.

George Brims
26-Mar-07, 22:23
I have a colleague who will deliberately whistle the most annoying viral tunes he can think of when we're trying to work. Very annoying. I get him back by singing the theme song from "Green Acres" - but of course that's a double edged sword...