PDA

View Full Version : Studying Horticulture in the Highlands?

Victoria
21-Mar-07, 16:49
hello,

I'm currently coming to the end of the RHS Level 2 qualification and was thinking about taking the Advanced course but as we are not sure when we will be moving to Caithness (hopefully sooner rather than later!!) I do not want to start the course down here.

Distance Learning is an option but it means that you dont get to meet all the people you do when you attend a college.

Does anyone know of any horticultural colleges or even colleges that have these courses in the Highlands?

Thanks in advance!!

Victoria

2little2late
23-Mar-07, 16:09
hello,

I'm currently coming to the end of the RHS Level 2 qualification and was thinking about taking the Advanced course but as we are not sure when we will be moving to Caithness (hopefully sooner rather than later!!) I do not want to start the course down here.

Distance Learning is an option but it means that you dont get to meet all the people you do when you attend a college.

Does anyone know of any horticultural colleges or even colleges that have these courses in the Highlands?

Thanks in advance!!

Victoria

Sadly, there aren't any in Caithness that teach these courses.

sweetpea
25-Mar-07, 20:28
No sdaly there ain't. Could you not get a placement that might let you at least do the practical side and do the distance learning. Try some of the estates and castles and such like.

Victoria
25-Mar-07, 21:14
Thats a good idea. i wil look into it.

sweetpea
25-Mar-07, 21:46
I'll pm you tommorrow.