PDA

View Full Version : corsa or clio

sweetpea
21-Mar-07, 14:41
Knowing absolutely nothing about cars if you were getting a new one and had to choose between these two, which would you choose?

footie chick
21-Mar-07, 15:43
Cant see passed renault myself had a vauxhall and hated it

saxovtr
21-Mar-07, 15:48
clio is french nothing but problems with them,soft gearboxes etc id definately go for the vauxhall

laguna2
21-Mar-07, 15:50
Clio. Have bought Renaults for years (including a Clio) and have never had any problems.

maidencaithness
21-Mar-07, 16:00
Knowing absolutely nothing about cars if you were getting a new one and had to choose between these two, which would you choose?

Neither, Japanese or German only for good build and reliability. So have to be Toyota Yaris or Honda Jazz. Don't touch French cars with a barge pole!

Foxy
21-Mar-07, 16:03
I've had three vauxhall's over the years and they all had there problems.:( My last two cars have been toyota and never had a problem with them, so would always recommend toyota. :)

kev bev
21-Mar-07, 16:06
i would recommend a clio 100% i have not had any problems with them at all! dont listen to people who say "o they are french they are crap and they break down all the time" thats alot of rubbish clios are very good!

jay
21-Mar-07, 16:22
we have both a clio and a vauxhall, vauxhall has been nothing but trouble (it's a vectra by the way) the clio has been a good solid little car giving us no trouble at all even when it was filled with petrol instead of diesel!

bigjjuk
21-Mar-07, 17:08
clio is french nothing but problems with them,soft gearboxes etc id definately go for the vauxhall

Hey Saxo, bare in mind that Jay may not want to race the clio, so the gearbox should hold :)

I got a clio and its been fine

Victoria
21-Mar-07, 17:09
I learnt to drive in a corsa (although that was a few years ago) and I found the peddles to be really close together and my feet are only a size 4!!

[lol] haha Anyway that's all I know about them!!

DarkAngel
21-Mar-07, 17:52
Clio....:)

lasher
21-Mar-07, 18:04
Are you planning a split new one or second hand?

johno
21-Mar-07, 18:48
ive had a mk6 fiesta zetec for the past two years and its been bullet proof , zilch maintenance, great handling, getting another one later this year. but both the clio and the vx are good. different strokes for different folk,s ??/
:cool: [lol]

celtchicky
21-Mar-07, 19:07
my choice would have to be a clio.
i started with a clio and then crashed it. then got a corsa and didnt like it that much. now got a vw polo and love it. but between the clio and corsa, clio gets my vote!!! :)

weeboyagee
21-Mar-07, 22:31
Corsa or clio? What kind of question is that???? Hahahahahahahaha,....ooooooooo,......hahahahahahah a,................. hing on til I get off the floor from laughing! now lets be serious - buy an old pram - mind the sort that was about 4 ft off the ground with big wheels - one bairn in it, one sitting on the edge and the other one standing on the messge tray? Put an engine in it, a visor on the front and something to steer it with - call it a corsa or a clio and whoooooooshhhhhhh,.....off you go!

Mind and put go faster stripes on it and paint it a nice colour - gock at the passing cars doing the circuit on Friday and Saturday nights in Thurso and you'll get some nice ideas......... ;)

WBG :cool:

DarkAngel
21-Mar-07, 22:36
Ive got a clio coz that all i can afford!!!!!!

Dusty
21-Mar-07, 23:07
If you are looking for a reliable, cheap to own runabout, then you won't do much better than the Toyota Aygo, Peugeot 107 Urban or the Citroen C1.
£35 per year Road Tax, Band 1 Insurance (I think, but a low band anyway), 50 odd miles to the gallon (makers claim 61 mpg) and two years between major services.
The car is actually a Toyota, built in eastern Europe, with differing fronts and rears. Three or five door versions available. The Peugeot 107 seems to be the best value for money as the Citroen has no goodies and the Toyota equivalent of the standard Peugeot specification is more expensive.
My wife, my son and myself have the Peugeot 107 Urban which has front and side airbags and electric windows as standard.
I have driven mine to Skye, Islay and France and Belgium from Central Scotland and it has been OK, much better than I expected actually from such a small car.
You won't win many standing starts from the traffic lights as the engine is a three cylinder one litre affair that needs you to make a lot of use of the gearbox as there is very little torque, but you can't have it all ways. Four Tesco bags will see the boot space filled although the back seats fold down but not completely flat.
As has been said, it is horses for courses but if this is the type of vehicle you think might suit you, I have no hesitation in recommending it.
Happy motoring.

connieb19
21-Mar-07, 23:55
Corsa or clio? What kind of question is that???? Hahahahahahahaha,....ooooooooo,......hahahahahahah a,................. hing on til I get off the floor from laughing! now lets be serious - buy an old pram - mind the sort that was about 4 ft off the ground with big wheels - one bairn in it, one sitting on the edge and the other one standing on the messge tray? Put an engine in it, a visor on the front and something to steer it with - call it a corsa or a clio and whoooooooshhhhhhh,.....off you go!

Mind and put go faster stripes on it and paint it a nice colour - gock at the passing cars doing the circuit on Friday and Saturday nights in Thurso and you'll get some nice ideas......... ;)

WBG How's the passion wagon running these days? :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
22-Mar-07, 07:50
Passionwagon Connie in the words of Weeboyagee

Hahahahahahahaha,....ooooooooo,......hahahahahahah a,................. hing on til I get off the floor from laughing! ......... ;)

WBG :cool:

Islander
22-Mar-07, 09:04
I've had several clios over the years and can't see past them - they're great little cars to drive. Used to own a clio, sold it and bought a vauxhall and I hated it - sold it within 3 months and bought another clio!! Old or new - the clios are all good!

sweetpea
23-Mar-07, 19:52
Thanks for all the replies. I was looking round the garages in Inverness last night but even more confused. Having never bought a car for myself I don't know what to get except I want it small for parking and one that will take a fair bit of running around.

Lasher - I did think about going for one that is 2 or 3 years old but I was put off that because I was told it would just be out of warranty so ....

WBG - Is that yours in your avatar? or the one you aspire to when you get out of YOUR pram, you know you can tell a lot about a man by his motor haha:lol:

I'm not bothered what country it coems from as long as it goes and is small and for somne reason got to be black! watch this space..

The_man_from_del_monte
23-Mar-07, 21:02
Nissan Micra, extremely reliable cars easy to park in tight spaces, economical, comfortable, nippy........... Mine has been going since day one and has never needed so much as a nut or bolt, has passed all its MOTs and continues to drive just the same as it did from new.... it's now almost 10 years old and not a fleck of rust anywhere on it. Feed it with good synthetic oil on a regular basis and she'll keep going for thousands of miles totally hassle free.

Laugh all you want, I love it :)

Alice in Blunderland
23-Mar-07, 21:17
Thanks for all the replies. I was looking round the garages in Inverness last night but even more confused. Having never bought a car for myself I don't know what to get except I want it small for parking and one that will take a fair bit of running around.

Lasher - I did think about going for one that is 2 or 3 years old but I was put off that because I was told it would just be out of warranty so ....

WBG - Is that yours in your avatar? or the one you aspire to when you get out of YOUR pram, you know you can tell a lot about a man by his motor haha:lol:

I'm not bothered what country it coems from as long as it goes and is small and for somne reason got to be black! watch this space..

Sweatpea yes thats Weeboyagees car in his avatar. Its his prde and joy and is currently indoors for the winter as he doesnt want to take it out in the salt.
He is currently driving around in his pram and boy is it hurting his ego. :cool:

DarkAngel
23-Mar-07, 21:32
Sweatpea yes thats Weeboyagees car in his avatar. Its his prde and joy and is currently indoors for the winter as he doesnt want to take it out in the salt.
He is currently driving around in his pram and boy is it hurting his ego. :cool:

PMSL :lol:

sweetpea
23-Mar-07, 21:53
Aw poor soul needs to 'get his motor running' oh no don't say that it will be running around my head that line now.

weeboyagee
26-Mar-07, 14:02
Yip sweetpea, that's her. Bigger picture for you to look at - see what you think. Not taking her out to play until after Easter though!

Victoria
26-Mar-07, 14:13
Here's my baby...

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4739/133md8.th.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=133md8.jpg)