PDA

View Full Version : Good Day

BetterTogether
19-Sep-14, 08:00
I wish you all a wonderful day and hope that the healing of a divided nation can now begin.
Where we all work together for a better brighter future for everyone

rogermellie
19-Sep-14, 09:05
got to admit i'm a bit gutted, but that's democracy, can't argue with it and there's no point feeling bitter or angry.

let's keep an eye on DC's promise of more devolved powers, see what that brings

hells_belle
19-Sep-14, 10:37
i agree its a good day and result:D

sids
19-Sep-14, 12:25
the Titanic Disaster when the rich folk jumped into the lifeboats. They to were heard cheering each other after sending 1200 poor folk to their deaths so they can sail off into the sunset.

That's holding a grudge.

Green_not_greed
19-Sep-14, 12:44
I agree thats a major grudge by the sound of it.

I also agree that its a good day and showed democracy in action. We should all live with the result rather than moan about it.

And...thank God its over ! Can we get back to debates now without high spirits and over-sensitive mods ? Oops... thats me probably banned.....

bekisman
19-Sep-14, 13:44
Think it's safe now, as looks like the warning sticky above has gone. Come on Dozy, not the right attitude, Democracy in Action. Anyway Mr Orgmaster, now the shouting is over, can not the suspensions/bannings created by the Ref threads, be lifted? Fair enough it WAS overheated, and went too far in some postings, but it's settled now. I miss the thrust and parry, even Squidge was interesting, (honest Squidge!) the General thread has been dead since the popular Orgers went, it will do no harm to reinstate. It was the result of passion - on both sides - there now needs to be a reconcilliation period, hopefully in just this one massive instance, flexibility can prevail?

Mr P Cannop
19-Sep-14, 14:39
there was yes votes in with the no votes area

PantsMAN
19-Sep-14, 15:34
55% to 45%: we now know that Scotland has rejected independence.

Last week, as the polls swung towards a 'yes' vote, David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband took trains north to Scotland and promised sweeping new powers for Holyrood if Scotland voted 'no'.

This morning, they're breathing a huge sigh of relief. They've won the referendum - they can stop worrying.

Backbench MPs in Westminster are getting restless at the idea of more powers for Scotland. It would be so easy for Cameron, Clegg and Miliband to sweep their promises under the carpet.

I've just signed a petition to help make sure that doesn't happen. Can you add your name to mine, and to thousands of others, asking Cameron, Clegg and Miliband to listen to the cry for change, and grant Scotland the powers they promised?

Click here::
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/promise-for-Scotland

Kodiak
19-Sep-14, 17:33
Alex Salmond is to step down as first minister of Scotland after voters decisively rejected independence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29277527?ocid=socialflow_facebook

BetterTogether
19-Sep-14, 18:26
I see fine sentiments coming from Niall the orgmaster but a man is only as good as his word and his word should be his bond.
Having taken a look at some of the referendum threads it is still noticeable that many members who fought so vigorously for the Union are still banned.
I feel having spoken for Better Together on this site that it is now only right and fair that they should see their accounts reinstated to a position where they are able to return with dignity and pride on this day of days for Scottish History, is it right that now the polls are shut the votes all counted and the decision known to us all, that those on this forum who fought with such passion for the rights of the No campaign should still be enduring the persecution that followed that almighty debate.

Alrock
19-Sep-14, 18:47
Having taken a look at some of the referendum threads it is still noticeable that many members who fought so vigorously for the Union are still banned.

Are they still banned though or is just all of their "Sock Puppet" accounts that remain banned?

BetterTogether
19-Sep-14, 19:17
It would appear that they are still all banned and some of the so called '' sock puppet '' accounts are just different people within the same household.

They seem to be somewhat aggrieved about the offer being made of accounts being offered back but infractions still being left in place, instead of a clean slate policy.
Also the infractions system appears to be non transparent.
I could be wrong as they are on their website discussing it Niall has made overtures but they dont seem happy about having to ask rather than just being treated like adults and treated with some dignity.
Why not go talk to them yourselves maybe they will listen to you.

feda16
19-Sep-14, 20:38
A great day for the Union! Born under a union jack!

Shaggy
20-Sep-14, 00:37
A great day for the Union! Born under a union jack!

Born with a scuba tank and mask on. Way to be born!!

Hoggie
20-Sep-14, 12:24
Alex Salmond is to step down as first minister of Scotland after voters decisively rejected independence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29277527?ocid=socialflow_facebook

From a Salmon to a Sturgeon: they both must be gutted.

Now the fat man's gone, can our county get its distinct identity back, please? Centralisation weight heavily on thoe who don't match the approved template.

Green_not_greed
20-Sep-14, 12:39
Rumour is that Michael Fish has been approached to take over.....

bekisman
21-Sep-14, 22:27
Found this thread at last (it had been 'moved'.) I've also seen the long explanation from Niall on the 'other site' in which he says folk who were disenfranchised banned/suspended, during the heated debates on the various independence debates would be reinstated.
Honestly, can't see that this has happened?

Be good if some explanation could be forthcoming Niall, what's going on?