PDA

View Full Version : Beginners class in Ballroom and Latin Dancing - 6 weeks of classes

heathfieldgunn
18-Sep-14, 23:30
A six week starter class for beginners is starting on 2nd October in the Girl Guide Hall in Thurso. It starts at 7pm for an hour and we are going to learn Quickstep and Cha Cha Cha. If all goes well, we hope to cover a bit of Waltz too and maybe squeeze in a wee bit of Social Foxtrot at the end. These dances are fun to learn and will fit in with most types of music including Country and Western. You don't need to come with a partner, but do bring a bottle of water; wear comfy shoes that allow you to slide your feet (not trainers) and bring your £3.50 class fee. At the end of the six weeks (one week holiday on the 23rd October) we intend to have a social night to allow everyone to put their new talents to the test. Come along and give it a go - you will love it!

heathfieldgunn
25-Sep-14, 18:34
I have a good number of beginners who have been in touch to say they are starting on 2nd October but if you are interested and have not contacted me, please do, there is still room for a few more. If there is anyone in Wick who is interested, can you give me a call as I have someone who would like to come but has no transport - maybe something could be worked out between you?

heathfieldgunn
30-Sep-14, 00:19
The current class is a mixture of men and women, some are couples but not all so don't think you have to bring a partner with you, we can usually mix it up a bit if required.

heathfieldgunn
10-Oct-14, 22:37
Sorry but our class on the 16th is now postponed as I have had to extend the holiday week to 2 weeks. Next class is the 30th October and I will add another date at the end of the classes. Sorry for any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you all there in 2 weeks time.

heathfieldgunn
26-Nov-14, 23:43
Due to popular demand, I will now be starting a permanent class in January for beginners in Ballroom and Latin American Dancing - watch Caithness.org or Thurso Ballroom and Latin Dance Class page on Facebook for details of times etc!