PDA

View Full Version : Berriedale Recovery Vehicle comes from Elgin

concerned resident
13-Sep-14, 09:27
Berriedale Recovery Vehicle comes from Elgin, It cannot be to hard for Police Scotland to arrange a local recovery vehicle, rather that have delays on A9 while a heavy recovery vehicle comes all the way up from Elgin, and there are local ones available. Bit like the waste of money keeping Thurso Police Station open.

Kevin Milkins
13-Sep-14, 09:49
I was reading about that just now, it does seem extraordinary that can happen and hope lessons are learned. I can think of nothing worse after a long trip back to Caithness and find the road closed for many hours.

dandod
13-Sep-14, 15:10
The person who does the recovery work is currently sunning themselves abroad so that's probably the reason they had someone else do it.

QUADBIKER
13-Sep-14, 19:27
ats funny was it not them that recoverd both trucks that were there one that was burnt out the other on sunday that could not get round the bend u sure they were sunning them self

The person who does the recovery work is currently sunning themselves abroad so that's probably the reason they had someone else do it.

dandod
13-Sep-14, 19:56
ats funny was it not them that recoverd both trucks that were there one that was burnt out the other on sunday that could not get round the bend u sure they were sunning them self Jeez try to pass on info and made to feel like a liar. This is why I rarely post on here.

QUADBIKER
13-Sep-14, 20:05
try to help u out by telling wat happend and ats the thanks i get
Jeez try to pass on info and made to feel like a liar. This is why I rarely post on here.

QUADBIKER
13-Sep-14, 20:24
ok first job was a burnt out truck police were happy to just sit and wait for recovery from elgin; elgin firm then asked local firm to recover truck and help them out police should have got local firm to start with they are police listed by the way so why were they not asked first only the police can tell us why not but will they the next one truck could not get round the bend it had not got the power to tow its load 80 tons round the bend the driver phoned the police for help and was told to phone elgin firm once again local firm blanked but the driver himself phoned the local recovery road open in one hour burnt out lorry shut all day at wat cost

sids
13-Sep-14, 21:20
Jeez try to pass on info and made to feel like a liar. This is why I rarely post on here.

Just tell us how Elder did both recoveries while sunning himself.

QUADBIKER
13-Sep-14, 23:56
elders is there not more than one ???
Just tell us how Elder did both recoveries while sunning himself.

sids
14-Sep-14, 00:01
elders is there not more than one ???

There may be hundreds. Was the one who did the recoveries sunning himself at the same time?

focusRS
14-Sep-14, 10:02
In the horrific accident a few weeks ago where a biker ran into a motor home just North of Berriedale and lost his life, Elders of Dunbeath recovered the vehicles.

tonkatojo
14-Sep-14, 10:20
I was reading about that just now, it does seem extraordinary that can happen and hope lessons are learned. I can think of nothing worse after a long trip back to Caithness and find the road closed for many hours.

I hear that quote "Lessons are Learned or Lessons will be Learned" a lot, has anyone ever seen or experienced one of these learned lessons. I am not a very learned person but cannot think of any of these lessons publicised that have been learned but they keep coming up.

Kevin Milkins
14-Sep-14, 10:42
I hear that quote "Lessons are Learned or Lessons will be Learned" a lot, has anyone ever seen or experienced one of these learned lessons. I am not a very learned person but cannot think of any of these lessons publicised that have been learned but they keep coming up.

If the next time the road is cleared by a local contractor as opposed to one down the line, then its fair to say that a some good has come from previous bad experiences.

QUADBIKER
14-Sep-14, 11:22
i but the police were going to use elgin again nothing learned in this case was there and will there ever be why after the outcry about the first one did they not learn

sids
14-Sep-14, 11:38
The Police probably didn't know about the local garage.

What do you think they are- some sort of detectives?