PDA

View Full Version : Yodel... Again!!!!

retrodj
12-Sep-14, 13:46
And so this excuse for a company continue to deliver, or in my case, not deliver parcels.

Expensive electrical equipment ordered from Asda on pre-order. Due to be delivered on Tuesday.. No sign. Wednesday apparantly on the tracking.. Still nothing. Check tracking again.. delivered at 19.47 on wednesday.. HA..
What makes it worse is that my work colleague was also waiting on the same expensive electrical appliance from Asda. Guess what? He had exactly the same outcome as me. Not delivered but tracking states it was. This required a signature as well.
Who delivers for YODEL in caithness? is it Yodel themselves or a sub-contractor?

It is now Friday and after 12 phone calls to asda between us, we are still none the wiser as to what has happened. Apart from something along the lines of the handheld terminal losing data...likely story. Won't be ordering anything from them again.

Cheese
12-Sep-14, 14:57
Can't help you in any way, I can only sympathize. They do not "deliver" like they should and I personally would never use them anymore. Not worth the stress and frustration that they some how seem to create.

poppett
12-Sep-14, 18:53
Last Yodel parcel I had was delivered by ParcelinQ and our orger friend Euan the driver. ASCO have taken over ParcelinQ inCaithness, but not sure if they have the yodel contract or not.

Kodiak
12-Sep-14, 19:26
According to their own T&C's Yodel can leave a Package in what They consider a safe place and then the Driver can sign to say it has been delivered.

The Last Parcel I had delivered by Yodel was delivered at 07.42 hrs. Since we were still in bed we did not know. The first we knew about it was late Afternoon when Mrs Kodiak found a small pirece of Paper and written on it was "Left in BIN".

She looked in our Wheelie BIN and there was the Parcel. So I would suggest that you should look around your house for so called safe places where Yodel could leave a Parcel, especially in the BIN.

JAPKID
12-Sep-14, 20:48
I have been waiting for two days for an exhaust to be delivered by yodel.
Their tracking service does not recognize the number given to me from exhaust supplier.
Will be in contact with them again next week.

retrodj
12-Sep-14, 20:55
A replacement is being sent.. probably by yodel again...not sure what is happening with my work colleagues enquiry but I seem to have got a partial resolution. will be interesting to see if this one is delivered. A nice wee letter to asda ceo will be on its way soon.

delilah
12-Sep-14, 21:28
I had problems with yodel last week. Tracked my parcel and it said it had been delivered on Wednesday. There was no sign of it and after complaining it eventually turned up on Saturday. Their customer service is a joke, companies would be far better sticking with Royal Mail.

poppett
13-Sep-14, 09:43
Why leave a parcel in a bin? Hermes did this one December and put it in the blue bin which was due for recycling collection. The company replaced the goods, but the point I tried to make was why put it in such a stupid place to start with. The bins are so deep i would never have got it back out again even if i had known it was there!

JAPKID
15-Sep-14, 20:25
It seems that yodel only deliver when they have a lot of items, as I got my exhaust today.
The driver said that he had made a lot of deliveries this morning in Caithness.

Kevin Milkins
15-Sep-14, 22:15
I had a delivery today that was 4 days late and the driver said he has been in Switzerland on a training course.

Wiseowl
17-Sep-14, 13:46
On the subject of delivery! I received a text message saying my parcel will be delivered on Saturday morning within next 48 hours. The tracking description has since said "out for delivery" since Saturday am. It is now Wednesday pm and no sign. How can a parcel be out for delivery for 5 days? This is Hermes? Isn't this also the same person as Yodel? Does anyone know how to get in contact?

Aestus57
17-Sep-14, 14:12
Tracked my Yodel delivery.... arrived Inverness depot at 16:09 yesterday, ... out for delivery at 06:58 this morning.... Delivered to my door at 14:00 this afternoon. Can't fault that!

poppett
18-Sep-14, 11:19
AJG parcels delivered to me yesterday on behalf of "another courier" a parcel which was due for delivery this Friday. That is above and beyond the call of duty. Well done AJG.

Wiseowl
18-Sep-14, 11:28
I agree- AJG are fantastic up here. The man that does it is very friendly and helpful.

cat2411
18-Sep-14, 19:04
Text sent on 15th at 12.23 to say parcel on way (with Tracker no) ........Tracked my Yodel delivery.... arrived Inverness depot at 14:43 yesterday, ...delivered this afternoon.... showing on their tracker system as still in Inverness.

biggles
19-Sep-14, 22:44
Well just the other day hubby said to me he could of sworn he saw euan delivering to neighbouring croft,he was right,hes working for a firm called arco or asco something like that,if hes delivering anyhink you can be sure of a good job. may even dust of our catalogue not used in 6 years since that silly firm took him off this area,never ordered anything since.

weeker2014
21-Sep-14, 15:40
I have been having chronic issues with yodel deliveries as well as other items coming through ASCO. A prime example is an office chair I had delivered a week ago. Not only was it 10 days late (was showing out for delivery for 10) but it was delivered at 9.30pm to number 7 in the street and not me at number 4, the address was clear on the parcel and we all have numbers on our doors. I live in Thrumster and if it hadnt been for my honest neighbour I would have never received my chair. Ever since Yodel moved from AJG to ASCO it has been horrendous. They do not even have tracking systems and when you do eventually get a package you are signing an old fashioned piece of paper! Yodel change back to AJG it was a world of difference!!!

Bill Fernie
23-Sep-14, 13:33
ASCO have been in touch and their statment is as follows -

1.’ Ever since Yodel moved from AJG to ASCO it has been horrendous’ . Fact : ASCO do not deal direct with Yodel. We are an agent for Parcelinq who act for Yodel. We receive nightly deliveries via Parcelinq from Amazon, Tuffnells. Yodel, DHL among others which we deliver the following day.
2. ‘Item was showing out for delivery for 10’ Fact : When we receive parcels they are all delivered on day of request—unless customer not in and unable to leave with neighbour or in a safe place. It is then carded and returned.
3.’They do not have a tracking system. Fact: All parcels are tracked and the exact time delivered is recorded.
4.’ You are signing an old fashioned piece of paper’ Fact : all deliveries we do for Parcelinq are scanned by drivers and there is no paperwork apart from DHL. As this person is complaining about Yodel then again a false statement.

weeker2014
28-Sep-14, 18:46
I fundementally beg to differ. I notice they failed to contact me or explain why my parcel was delivered at 9.30pm and to the wrong address. It is also unacceptavle for Bill Fernie to be posting on their behalf. If they want to comment as clearly they were avle to read the should sign up like everyone else. This is a VERY poor show from the Org!!!

Bill Fernie
28-Sep-14, 19:04
Well I thought it would be helpful to see their response rather than not.

They also requested I remove the thread but as you can see I have left it to be debated.

I agree they can sign up and comment if they wish.

Have you taken up the matter with their senior management.

I have no way of knowing which points are correct one way or the other.

weeker2014
28-Sep-14, 19:14
I understand your position Bill, but it's not how the ball is thrown, it is how it's caught. The sooner it goes back to AJG the better as far as I am concerned. Delivery information is up to date and all of their vans are tracked so there is some accountability. Clearly I am not the only one who has had issues and ASCO have also failed to address any of those concerns. I should have thought signing a bit of paper for deliveries was the least of their worries. They have given a very poor view of themselves. Yes I have been in contact with their senior management but not surprisingly I still await a coherent response.

Moonboots
28-Sep-14, 21:48
As far as i am aware AJG has never delivered for Yodel. Parcelinq delivered for Yodel.

weeker2014
28-Sep-14, 22:53
Again I beg to differ. When I lived in Inverness the big Yodel trucks were always unloading as AJG centre and I used to use yodel for my business and AJG always did the collections

Shaggy
29-Sep-14, 01:02
I fundementally beg to differ. I notice they failed to contact me or explain why my parcel was delivered at 9.30pm and to the wrong address. It is also unacceptavle for Bill Fernie to be posting on their behalf. If they want to comment as clearly they were avle to read the should sign up like everyone else. This is a VERY poor show from the Org!!!

The poor show is you whingeing again. What good is going to come from attacking everyone on here or who said that their experience of Yodel is different from yours? There is more to life than sniping or moaning at everyone but at the end of the day it is Caithness you live in. If you want same day service then move south. Simple!

How's the parking over in Thrumster btw?
Used any local shops in Thrumster lately?

Moonboots
29-Sep-14, 06:55
Again I beg to differ. When I lived in Inverness the big Yodel trucks were always unloading as AJG centre and I used to use yodel for my business and AJG always did the collections

Well up here in Caithness it was always Parcelinq previously.
Like what Shaggy has said, if you are wanting a better service then you better go back south.
Ive never had any problems and always had my parcels on time.

weeker2014
29-Sep-14, 14:30
Parking is grand in Thrumster thanks and no shops as you will know although it has a cracking pub. So you are saying I should move south because a delivery company delivers 10 days late and to the wrong address? I would rather just have AJG who delivers when they are meant to and with care and consideration. Are you saying because I live in Caithness I should just accept a terrible service? I think the thread title says all about the service people on here have received. Neither of you are winning your arguments :)

Kodiak
29-Sep-14, 16:25
I have just been notified that I should be receiving a Parcel on Wednesday which is to be delivered by Yodel.

I will let you all know if and when it arrives and in what condition.

weeker2014
29-Sep-14, 17:15
I genuinely hope all is ok Kodiak. Nobody would be happier for you than me if you get the service we all deserve up here :-)

DMFB
29-Sep-14, 19:06
How's the parking over in Thrumster btw?
Used any local shops in Thrumster lately?

Parking is grand in Thrumster thanks and no shops as you will know although it has a cracking pub.:)
Its a matter of oppinion with regard to the parking. In recent months turning left in the village to go round to the back of Stewart Crescent has become a tricky operation due to the cars being parked far too close to the junction but who am I to criticise I hail from the horse and cart era.

Moonboots
29-Sep-14, 22:18
Neither of you are winning your arguments :)

Im not here to win an argument. Im just sick of reading about your constant moaning. No wonder people have stopped coming to this forum when all it is, is complaints.
Obviously you must have plenty time on your hands sitting behind a keyboard all day.

Kenn
29-Sep-14, 23:30
Not only this company, I've had 4 phone calls today about an order I placed with Argus and still none the wiser as to when it will arrive. OH has had problems with Yodel, they failed to deliver an expensive mobile phone , it vanished into a depot further down the country never to be seen again.

weeker2014
29-Sep-14, 23:58
Not only this company, I've had 4 phone calls today about an order I placed with Argus and still none the wiser as to when it will arrive. OH has had problems with Yodel, they failed to deliver an expensive mobile phone , it vanished into a depot further down the country never to be seen again.Not good Lizz :-(

weeker2014
29-Sep-14, 23:59
Im not here to win an argument. Im just sick of reading about your constant moaning. No wonder people have stopped coming to this forum when all it is, is complaints.Obviously you must have plenty time on your hands sitting behind a keyboard all day.And what are you doing in the above quote? Pot! Kettle! Black!

DMFB
30-Sep-14, 08:47
Im not here to win an argument. Im just sick of reading about your constant moaning. No wonder people have stopped coming to this forum when all it is, is complaints.
Obviously you must have plenty time on your hands sitting behind a keyboard all day.

And what are you doing in the above quote? Pot! Kettle! Black!

Oh dear Moonboots we see them come we see them go :roll:

Alice in Blunderland
01-Oct-14, 09:13
Oh dear oh dear here we go..... deliveries no matter what company you use or who you order from there will always be the odd one or two parcels which unfortunately fall foul of the system. It happens with everyone.
I have on one occasion had a parcel go missing whilst being delivered by yodel however was it yodel or was it the company who had reportedly stated they had sent it? I wasn't a big fan of yodel however if as it seems they are now using Asco to do their deliveries then I am noticing that its all going much smoother. I have had excellent service from AJG and now also ASCO they seem to be delivering a lot more in this area. I have now received and promptly I may add, quite a few parcels from this company.
I took delivery of my new frying pan courtesy of ASCO and Amazon yesterday something I only ordered on Monday morning. To me that was excellent service. The driver was someone local and I had a nice chat with him.

Weeker 2014 I also live in the Thrumster area and you will find as time goes on many of your kind neighbours like the person in no 7 will accept parcels on behalf of others and promptly hand them over to you. They would have signed acknowledging this.

Also may I ask are you making a slight mountain out of a mole hill on this occasion ?

Alice in Blunderland
01-Oct-14, 09:42
Also can I point out the Highway code and in particular part 243 parking .. for those in Thrumster needing to refresh their memories :lol:

Kodiak
01-Oct-14, 12:33
As I said in my last post above I am due for a Parcel to be delivered today by Yodel.

I can now confirm that this Parcel was delivered about 1 hour ago, so it was on time, in Good Condition and by a very pleasant Young Lady.

So Good all round, :D

weeker2014
01-Oct-14, 23:50
Oh dear oh dear here we go..... deliveries no matter what company you use or who you order from there will always be the odd one or two parcels which unfortunately fall foul of the system. It happens with everyone. I have on one occasion had a parcel go missing whilst being delivered by yodel however was it yodel or was it the company who had reportedly stated they had sent it? I wasn't a big fan of yodel however if as it seems they are now using Asco to do their deliveries then I am noticing that its all going much smoother. I have had excellent service from AJG and now also ASCO they seem to be delivering a lot more in this area. I have now received and promptly I may add, quite a few parcels from this company.I took delivery of my new frying pan courtesy of ASCO and Amazon yesterday something I only ordered on Monday morning. To me that was excellent service. The driver was someone local and I had a nice chat with him.Weeker 2014 I also live in the Thrumster area and you will find as time goes on many of your kind neighbours like the person in no 7 will accept parcels on behalf of others and promptly hand them over to you. They would have signed acknowledging this. Also may I ask are you making a slight mountain out of a mole hill on this occasion ?And you have just proceeded to alienate everyone who has had a genuine issue with their deliveries including most likely to person who created the thread! Maybe you should spend more time reading the highway code instead of conversing with decent people with the aim of putting down and oppressing their genuine concerns and views!

DIM1
02-Oct-14, 00:29
And you have just proceeded to alienate everyone who has had a genuine issue with their deliveries including most likely to person who created the thread! Maybe you should spend more time reading the highway code instead of conversing with decent people with the aim of putting down and oppressing their genuine concerns and views!
Pot, kettle, black.

Moonboots
02-Oct-14, 06:14
Pot, kettle, black.

You bet me to it DIM1 lol

Alice in Blunderland
02-Oct-14, 11:39
Do you know I had a huge response written for this but I deleted it the minute I opened your pm to me weeker 2010.

I have no intentions of coming to your door for any kind of 'debate' with you in person and although you did address me as a 'lady the verb in front instructing me to 'listen 'as in the sentence began Listen Lady gave me the impression as do your posts that you are a slightly agitated possibly aggressive person maybe Im wrong in my impression but hey we all have oppinions!

I am not taking away the genuine reasons for complaints against firms however I was having a slight go at your version of events. End off. The driver made a genuine error and from what I am led to believe HE himself then still delivered said item to your door.

baggins
03-Oct-14, 06:31
Thought you were discussing asco delivery!! well since euan left our patch weve had a tall chap an he does a good enough job,not the same as euan mind that lad a one off. parcels on time so cant complain an on the odd occasion weve met him is pleasant an friendly,from what i gather asco have just started doing parcel delivery up in caithness so give em a chance to prove themselves,but however think it was a low blow in my eyes them trying to get a thread removed on the basis that it was negative to them. An thrumster parking is good enough simple.:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
03-Oct-14, 10:26
I can see where the company are coming from in their attempts to have the thread removed as many local firms have done the exact same thing with negative threads on the org and have had them successfully removed. The main issue is the inability to verify fact from fiction. In most cases its fact however there may be the odd statement which may not be the truth. Hard one to call. Most of us can sit anonymously typing away what our thoughts are with no repercussions. Time will tell with Asco as with any other delivery firm if they can live up to expectations. As for the parking in Thrumster yes its good enough but with everything else room for improvement and the odd one can give a bad name to the rest.[lol]

weeker2014
07-Oct-14, 18:40
If anyone in Thrumster should have randomly received 2 parcels through Yodel yesterday which was meant to be delivered to someone else, I would be grateful if you could drop me a PM. As they are showing as delivered but no info of name or who signed for them I am at a loss as to whether they have indeed been delivered at all, or as Amazon and Yodel think, they indeed havent. As I appear to get lambasted for making any comment about poor service I shall simply refrain and see if anyone can help to locate them. Many Thanks

weelassagee
07-Oct-14, 19:56
If anyone in Thrumster should have randomly received 2 parcels through Yodel yesterday which was meant to be delivered to someone else, I would be grateful if you could drop me a PM. As they are showing as delivered but no info of name or who signed for them I am at a loss as to whether they have indeed been delivered at all, or as Amazon and Yodel think, they indeed havent. As I appear to get lambasted for making any comment about poor service I shall simply refrain and see if anyone can help to locate them. Many ThanksIs no-one spotting the obvious here - people don't like going near your house.

weeker2014
07-Oct-14, 20:05
Is no-one spotting the obvious here - people don't like going near your house.

And that Weelassagee is called trolling!!!

weelassagee
07-Oct-14, 20:10
And that Weelassagee is called trolling!!!Yodel obviously had trouble delivering your sense of humour too then.

Shaggy
07-Oct-14, 23:13
Yodel obviously had trouble delivering your sense of humour too then.

nah he lost that himself ages ago [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
08-Oct-14, 12:23
If anyone in Thrumster should have randomly received 2 parcels through Yodel yesterday which was meant to be delivered to someone else, I would be grateful if you could drop me a PM. As they are showing as delivered but no info of name or who signed for them I am at a loss as to whether they have indeed been delivered at all, or as Amazon and Yodel think, they indeed havent. As I appear to get lambasted for making any comment about poor service I shall simply refrain and see if anyone can help to locate them. Many Thanks

As you have already stated there is no information on the delivery then I would assume you cannot even tell if they were indeed delivered to someone in Thrumster.
It wasnt the comment about poor service I was particularly having a go at it was the dramatisation of the story that I found hard to digest. As the saying goes there are two sides to every story and the other side which is being stated locally didnt quite add up to yours. Poor service should indeed be highlighted but appropriately. Good luck in finding your parcels.

DIM1
08-Oct-14, 13:55

This is one of the reasons I prefer to shop local.

weelassagee
08-Oct-14, 14:06
This is one of the reasons I prefer to shop local.

I'm not sure that there is a local stockist for these items in the plain brown wrappers.

Alice in Blunderland
08-Oct-14, 14:09
I'm not sure that there is a local stockist for these items in the plain brown wrappers.

Wind your neck in thats a low blow well below the belt. If you have become a member just to troll stir the pot and wind folk up then crack on whoever you are you wont last long. Have a laugh have a joke poke the other person for a response if you must but dont insinuate muck like that.

weelassagee
08-Oct-14, 14:12
Wind your neck in thats a low blow well below the belt. If you have become a member just to troll stir the pot and wind folk up then crack on whoever you are you wont last long. Have a laugh have a joke poke the other person for a response if you must but dont insinuate muck like that.

What on earth do you get in a plain brown wrapper then ? I was alluding to the annual parcel I get from elder mother at Christmas.

Alrock
08-Oct-14, 14:17
I was alluding to the annual parcel I get from elder mother at Christmas.

How many mothers do you have?

If you have an elder mother then that implies that you must have at least one younger mother...

weelassagee
08-Oct-14, 14:18
How many mothers do you have?

If you have an elder mother then that implies that you must have at least one younger mother...

I'm a Born Again Christian:)

weeker2014
08-Oct-14, 15:11
Wind your neck in thats a low blow well below the belt. If you have become a member just to troll stir the pot and wind folk up then crack on whoever you are you wont last long. Have a laugh have a joke poke the other person for a response if you must but dont insinuate muck like that.Thank you Alice

weeker2014
08-Oct-14, 15:14
An update. Original parcels still not located but AJG have kindly delivered the items again from Amazon on behalf of DPD and on one day delivery which is pretty impressive for the north Highlands.

weeker2014
08-Oct-14, 15:16
And on another positive, Amazon is the best customer service I have encountered in a long time, so 10/10.

weeker2014
08-Oct-14, 15:22
As you have already stated there is no information on the delivery then I would assume you cannot even tell if they were indeed delivered to someone in Thrumster. It wasnt the comment about poor service I was particularly having a go at it was the dramatisation of the story that I found hard to digest. As the saying goes there are two sides to every story and the other side which is being stated locally didnt quite add up to yours. Poor service should indeed be highlighted but appropriately. Good luck in finding your parcels.No your right there is no signature of name for delivery, and it wasnt an accusation against anyone, however it was worth a try given previous delivery to the wrong address, to avoid re-ordering and inevitably a claim against the delivery company for missing parcels which was tech and not cheap for them to pay for with such a claim by Amazon.

Shaggy
08-Oct-14, 15:57

I'm sure the nice lady in the sexually orientated items shop "Secrets" in Dempster st, Wick, will lovingly package anything you purchase in a plain brown wrapper to save you any embarrassment when leaving the shop. However, had you actually bothered to shop locally then you would have known yourself that the shop is there [smirk]

Alice in Blunderland
08-Oct-14, 17:08
What on earth do you get in a plain brown wrapper then ? I was alluding to the annual parcel I get from elder mother at Christmas.

Utter TOSH you know darn well what you were inferring in your post as does a lot of folk reading it.

weelassagee
08-Oct-14, 19:33
Utter TOSH you know darn well what you were inferring in your post as does a lot of folk reading it.

You know what's in your mind. I know what's in mine.

Kevin Milkins
08-Oct-14, 20:39
I was speaking to another driver today and he said he was just back from a training course in Switzerland. That's the second one now and it begged the question, "what training can you get in Switzerland that you cant get in the UK?" apparently its were they teach them how to Yodel.

Alice in Blunderland
08-Oct-14, 21:37
You know what's in your mind. I know what's in mine.

Yea right !! I stand by what I said Utter TOSH !

weelassagee
08-Oct-14, 21:44
Yea right !! I stand by what I said Utter TOSH ! What is there to disagree about? You know what you meant, and I know what I meant. Why get so irate over nothing ?

Tilly Teckel
08-Oct-14, 22:42
I was speaking to another driver today and he said he was just back from a training course in Switzerland. That's the second one now and it begged the question, "what training can you get in Switzerland that you cant get in the UK?" apparently its were they teach them how to Yodel.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

weeker2014
09-Oct-14, 02:15
I was speaking to another driver today and he said he was just back from a training course in Switzerland. That's the second one now and it begged the question, "what training can you get in Switzerland that you cant get in the UK?" apparently its were they teach them how to Yodel. :-)
Haha Love it

weeker2014
09-Oct-14, 02:17
[QUOTE=weelassagee;1099675]What is there to disagree about? You know what you meant, and I know what I meant. Why get so irate over nothing ?[/QUOTE

I agree with Alice - You were trolling - plain and simple!

weeker2014
10-Oct-14, 12:42
Another 2 parcels today, showing as delivered at 11.10am ..... no parcels and no card, I have been in all day :-(

I have called Parcel Linq - and there are investigating with the courier as that is now 4 high value missing parcels in a week.

weeker2014
10-Oct-14, 17:00
Another 2 parcels today, showing as delivered at 11.10am ..... no parcels and no card, I have been in all day :-(I have called Parcel Linq - and there are investigating with the courier as that is now 4 high value missing parcels in a week.Getting there we are at 2/4 now and another one found and coming tomorrow. Only 1 to go from Monday. Credit where it is due, a really amazing female driver!!!!

baggins
12-Oct-14, 20:04
I was born raised an live in caithness an it still amazes me the sheer stupidity of some folks comments on various threads. What started as a genuine an important topic has been turned yet again into a long drawn out spouting of peedie twaddle,well said alice TOSH,from what i can gather an what ive managed to find out an whats plain to see is in general its yodel thats muckin about,if ive ever had a problem with a parcel ive bypassed all the offices an phonelines etc a simple text to Euan an i got a clear an truthfull answer from him. In fact im really suprised hes not put us straight on the matter as hes done several times in the past,way i see it give ASCO a chance if the firms good enough for Euan to work for then it must be good for our beneifit coz thats the way it is for him,the bloke delivering to us now seems okay so come on instead of sittin complaining how bout a bit of encouragement for the firm thats obviously gettin bad press by association to yodel. Food for thought surely.;)

weeker2014
12-Oct-14, 23:37
I was born raised an live in caithness an it still amazes me the sheer stupidity of some folks comments on various threads. What started as a genuine an important topic has been turned yet again into a long drawn out spouting of peedie twaddle,well said alice TOSH,from what i can gather an what ive managed to find out an whats plain to see is in general its yodel thats muckin about,if ive ever had a problem with a parcel ive bypassed all the offices an phonelines etc a simple text to Euan an i got a clear an truthfull answer from him. In fact im really suprised hes not put us straight on the matter as hes done several times in the past,way i see it give ASCO a chance if the firms good enough for Euan to work for then it must be good for our beneifit coz thats the way it is for him,the bloke delivering to us now seems okay so come on instead of sittin complaining how bout a bit of encouragement for the firm thats obviously gettin bad press by association to yodel. Food for thought surely.;)

It wasn't Yodel who sent me an email on Friday to say parcel 3 of 4 would be delivered on Saturday. So waited at home all day for that package to come (which should have been delivered on Monday 6th), and low and behold, nothing!!! Neither is it Yodel who is showing as having had that parcel since Monday or the other one which is still missing. I would say I have given them more than a fair chance, and I gave credit where it was due to the brilliant driver who came on Friday, but it's a poor show where we cannot be honest about the poor service we receive, which by now is far from a one off isolated incident. I am more than happy to post a screen shot of that email should anyone not take my word for it. If it was Yodel showing as had made the mistake and it was lost in one of their vast sorting centres then I would direct my complaint at Yodel, but it is not, and from what I can see it is Yodel who is getting bad press from the association with the local carrier they are using.

thora
13-Oct-14, 16:47
Received a text at 13.55 today from Yodel telling my parcel had been delivered. Guess what, no parcel.

weeker2014
13-Oct-14, 23:47
Received a text at 13.55 today from Yodel telling my parcel had been delivered. Guess what, no parcel.

I know that feeling Thora.

On the plus side the female delivery driver did come around today to see if I had received my parcels over the weekend as she did not have anything for delivery today. Sadly, I hadn't and obviously didn't receive today either, but serious Kudos for noticing my light on and coming to check. The driver is quite frankly outstanding, its just a shame they can't get the rest of the set up to match her.

baggins
14-Oct-14, 20:01
Who sent you the email Weeker 2014? I have no reason to doubt you,genuinely interested,it seems a lot of finger pointing going on by many an a lot of misinformation.

weeker2014
16-Oct-14, 00:20
Who sent you the email Weeker 2014? I have no reason to doubt you,genuinely interested,it seems a lot of finger pointing going on by many an a lot of misinformation.

Hi There

The email came from Lynsey Mackay, Operations and Agency Administrator at Scrabster Port Services. I did wonder where Scrabster Port Services was involved until I realised the web address attached to the signature of her email was ascoworld.com - which tied it all in nicely, that I was in fact blaming the right people for the endless issues.

Collistro
24-Oct-14, 11:46
ive just had a delivery by Euan the Asco driver at my very remote work place an cant fault his delivery process. 1st time he came i wasnt here so he used a work contact number to get in contact with me an agreed to send me a txt to me when he had a delivery for me an if i havent been at the address on parcel weve arranged a suitable meeting point. i cannot fault this style of dedication which Asco should be proud of.

Kodiak
01-Nov-14, 19:45
I have been waiting for a delivery from Yodel or whoever delivers for them and it was supposed to be delivered today. Logged into their web site and it says that the Parcel was delivered today at 1pm and that it was delivered to Customer.

No it was not. Last time a parcel went missing they had put it in the Bin so I looked there, no Parcel. Indeed I looked all over, but no Parcel.

I have been in contact with Amazon who are putting inn a complaint to Yodel on my Behalf. Also I will be phoning them on Monday Morning to see what they have to say.

I just wish that Amazon would STOP using Yodel as they are not reliable at all. Amazon Please use Royal Mail.

weeker2014
02-Nov-14, 16:10
Hi Kodiak

In explanation to the delivery showing as "Delivered To Customer", apparently parcelink systems do not work with Yodel systems, so when it is handed over to parcelink in Inverness to come north, it automatically shows as "delivered to customer". It's not acceptable I know, and neither is the fact you didn't receive your parcel, as I have been very vocal about in recent weeks, just thought you may wish to know their excuse for that showing in tracking.

From what I have seen it's not Yodel thats the issue, it's once it leaves the parcelink depot in Inverness to come north with the local courier that it enters the black hole and things go terribly wrong. What Yodel needs to do is realise the courier up here is horrendous and move to someone who gives us the service we deserve.

Even parcelink are furious with the courier up here, as was abundantly clear through my various chats with the Inverness depot.

Kodiak
02-Nov-14, 21:57
Hi Kodiak

In explanation to the delivery showing as "Delivered To Customer", apparently parcelink systems do not work with Yodel systems, so when it is handed over to parcelink in Inverness to come north, it automatically shows as "delivered to customer". It's not acceptable I know, and neither is the fact you didn't receive your parcel, as I have been very vocal about in recent weeks, just thought you may wish to know their excuse for that showing in tracking.

From what I have seen it's not Yodel thats the issue, it's once it leaves the parcelink depot in Inverness to come north with the local courier that it enters the black hole and things go terribly wrong. What Yodel needs to do is realise the courier up here is horrendous and move to someone who gives us the service we deserve.

Even parcelink are furious with the courier up here, as was abundantly clear through my various chats with the Inverness depot.

Thank you very much for this information and it is appreciated. I will make sure that someone is in the house for the next couple of days in hope that the parcel arrives.

Kodiak
03-Nov-14, 11:41
weeker your are correct that the parcel was scanned in at Inverness and thus it showed it had been delivered to customer.

Moonboots you are correct as the Asco Driver came to my door this morning.

I have not got my Parcel though as it was so badly Damaged that the Bottles of Cleaner had burst and as such had contaminated everything else inside which included Sugar Free Biscuits. So the Driver, (Who was very helpful), advised me that I refuse to accept the Parcel due to the Damage caused. I have now done that an it is winging it's way back to Amazon.

I still believe that Amazon should not use Yodel, Please Note I say Yodel. Asco who deliver from Inverness are good so no problems there, it is Yodel I have issues with.

weeker2014
03-Nov-14, 11:43
Oh so is it ok for those of us to work to have to stay at home in the hope of a parcel arriving? Ur comments are trolling moonboots! Also unless the driver has had a sex change, "he" wouldnt have a clue as he doesnt deliver to me, as my previous posts clearly show.Also I would expext when "he" actually delivers, I wouldnt have a problem, as they are actually delivering the parcel. Also clearly I have made my feelings clear to the driver who I actually get, the "she" one, otherwise she wouldnt pop in when passing to see if my parcels had turned up, as also mentioned in my previous posts. You must also have little to discuss with ur "he" friend, when my name, address and parcel deliveries are at the top of your list!Obviously you have little else to do when u can afford to spend days at home waiting for parcels!

baggins
03-Nov-14, 22:08
weeker 2014 i think your right something doesnt ring true here,think theres more to it than meets the eye,moonboots do you work for asco??? explains your conversation with "the driver." I have been making a few inquiries to inverness it isnt yodel at fault there pretty rubbish anyway nor is it parcelink at fault you see ive discovered asco collect the parcels from inverness an take them north so if they are "delivered" by the yodel system meaning they arrived at inverness how do they get lost damaged afterwards. also explains other confusions. no im now certain blame lies with asco who obviosly hgavent a clue what theyre doing,god only knows why parcelink allowed asco to mess things up.

Shaggy
03-Nov-14, 23:03
Oh so is it ok for those of us to work to have to stay at home in the hope of a parcel arriving?

Bit rich coming out with this when you are a customer service agent working FROM HOME!! yawn....next please!!

weeker2014
03-Nov-14, 23:08
Bit rich coming out with this when you are a customer service agent working FROM HOME!! yawn....next please!!

At no point have I said I am a Customer Services agent or that I work from home. I work with Sky Customer Services, and I employ people who work from home, which means I have to go to them.

It doesn't pay to make assumptions

weeker2014
03-Nov-14, 23:10

... and the stalking undertone of your comment really doesn't sound too healthy