PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone Signal

ashaw1
20-Mar-07, 18:22
I just wondered if anyone else was having problems with their mobile phone signal in the Caithness area. I am on Orange and have always had a great reception but for the last 2 days have had no signal at all ( yes i have paid the bill!) My husband and son are both on T-Mobile and also have no signal today. I did hear a rumour yesterday that work was being done to some of the networks but just wondered if anyone knew anything.

henry20
20-Mar-07, 18:31
I had rubbish reception with O2 last night - someone sent me a text at 5pm last night and someone else at 5am this morning - neither came through until I was on my way to work this morning at 7:45am. In my case, it was definitely no reception in the thurso area as my reception out of town has been fine today :)

Piglet
20-Mar-07, 18:39
ashaw1, Hubby & i am also on Orange & have had no signal unless we go out in the car around Murkle i get a reception back, its been like that since saturday.:(

Nivelo
20-Mar-07, 18:59
Orange customers arent going to have a signal for the next couple of days due to most of the north being unavailable due to transmitter problems. Or so customer services say.

debs
20-Mar-07, 19:46
i phoned orange today and they told me it wont be working to thurs morn seemingly doing maintenence work

lasher
20-Mar-07, 19:51
i phoned orange today and they told me it wont be working to thurs morn seemingly doing maintenence work
Nobody would be wanting till speak to you anyway![lol]

Genoa
20-Mar-07, 20:04
Also on Orange
Thought my phone was on the blink until I went into Wick today and recieved a while load ot messages!
Guessed that Sat nights winds might have had something to do with it.

Geo
21-Mar-07, 11:50
At the time this thread started my Virgin Mobile (uses the T-Mobile network) was ok but since last night I've had no signal. Just the odd text getting through now and again. Anyone else on Virgin/T-Mobile having problems?

debs
21-Mar-07, 12:03
Nobody would be wanting till speak to you anyway![lol]

course they would im more important than u ha

Blazing Sporrans
21-Mar-07, 12:06
I had no coverage from O2 from Sunday night to yesterday afternoon. My wife and son (who was his own phone and a business phone) were similarly affected. My son, who previously worked for O2, phoned to complain and asked for compensation. Having received this, he passed me on to the operator, who then advised me that my wife and I would each receive half a month's line rental credited to our next bills. So people, the message is out there, you don't complain - you get taken advantage of.

Incidentally, I have no idea whether those on 'Pay As You Go' tariffs are liable for any kind of compensation, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask.

footie chick
21-Mar-07, 12:43
At the time this thread started my Virgin Mobile (uses the T-Mobile network) was ok but since last night I've had no signal. Just the odd text getting through now and again. Anyone else on Virgin/T-Mobile having problems?

We're all on T-Mobile and have no signal :(

dozerboy
21-Mar-07, 13:57
Well, you will all live at 'e end of 'e line!!

As fas as these big companies go, "Caithness? Where's that anyway? No many people stay there, so we winna bother hurrying to fix it!"

alistair harper
21-Mar-07, 14:38
Just called them today customer service say it could take up to3 days to sort out problems

Geo
21-Mar-07, 18:09
We're all on T-Mobile and have no signal :(

It seems to have kicked in again in the last few minutes.

footie chick
21-Mar-07, 19:08
It seems to have kicked in again in the last few minutes.

Hopefully it stays fingers crossed

Rheghead
21-Mar-07, 19:30
I am on O2 and on travelling north on Monday, I tried to phone home in advance on the Braes. I had 3 bars of signal but I had no signal, well I couldn't make a phone call anyway. It was only until Causeymire that I could make a phone call, very weird. I wonder if those 3 bars were from another company's mast like orange just so I could do a 999 call?:confused

shammie
23-Mar-07, 10:47
I'm with orange and have had no signal since sat, telephoned them and was advised that a mast was down in wick and the one at Haster wasn't working properly!! They had no idea when it would be fixed and i still have no signal today![evil]