PDA

View Full Version : Other Forums

rogermellie
09-Sep-14, 19:42
can anyone recommend any good forums where you can read/take part in discussions/arguments about upcoming events ?

Heisenberg
09-Sep-14, 20:05
can anyone recommend any good forums where you can read/take part in discussions/arguments about upcoming events ? You could change channel, why sit and what a programme your not enjoying, BBC2 is much better than Channel4 in my opinion.

spurtle
09-Sep-14, 21:10
Start a facebook group

mi16
09-Sep-14, 21:14
there is another forum that is bustling away quite nicely

sids
09-Sep-14, 21:34
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk

mi16
09-Sep-14, 21:48
it doesnt even tell you when tesco is open

gerry4
09-Sep-14, 21:52
I see another thread has gone. Mind what you say folks

mi16
09-Sep-14, 21:55
best bet is to google the name of this site, but replace the . with not

joxville
09-Sep-14, 22:17
can anyone recommend any good forums where you can read/take part in discussions/arguments about upcoming events ?Why would you want to? Every thread on here was debated by the same people who were either firmly YES or NO, there was never any conceding of seeing another's point of view and all the threads were just about trying to score points. I'm glad Niall has banned the subject, I for one was sick of seeing the board full of referendum threads.

Kevin Milkins
09-Sep-14, 22:30
I suppose the referendum is great for anyone that has a liking or understanding of political matters, but I feel as if I would like to take an holiday on the moon for a few weeks.

golach
09-Sep-14, 22:31
Me as well Joxville

Iffy
10-Sep-14, 09:25
Why would you want to? Every thread on here was debated by the same people who were either firmly YES or NO, there was never any conceding of seeing another's point of view and all the threads were just about trying to score points. I'm glad Niall has banned the subject, I for one was sick of seeing the board full of referendum threads.

Well said Jox !!! Completely agree with everything you said - SO glad that you banned the topic Niall :) !

susie
10-Sep-14, 11:22
Well said Jox !!! Completely agree with everything you said - SO glad that you banned the topic to its own corner, Niall :) !
It doesn't even have a corner of it's own. Do you consider that to be fair, democratic, adult, modern, etc?

susie
10-Sep-14, 11:29
I'm wondering when this thread will be removed as it mentions unmentionables quite openly. Oh aye! It won't get axed if we say something sweet about the right person.

OK, what a lovely shade of blue across the top of the quick reply page, really super it is thank you for it.¥€¿¢¢

Invisible
10-Sep-14, 16:07
Amen to the mods for banning the subject. Sick of seeing it everywhere.

Rheghead
10-Sep-14, 17:32
I have just joined an interior decorating forum. It is jam packed full of brilliant advice about wallpapering over the cracks.

susie
10-Sep-14, 18:13
can anyone recommend any good forums where you can read/take part in discussions/arguments about upcoming events ?
I would like to say wholeheartedly that this is the forum to meet your requirements, but I can only say it halfheartedly. You can read and take part in discussions about upcoming events if you remember to check exactly what you are allowed to say. This information is hidden away behind the wallpapered cracks ( thanks to Rheghead for that) and new bans are imposed regularly to suit something or other that is a complete mystery to me. There are lots of robotic items on hear that should be newsworthy, but even the robot got censored recently for mentioning the unmentionable. C'est la vie! Zut! It is mardy.

Kevin Milkins
10-Sep-14, 18:33
I had a problem with my camera that I wanted to try and sort out myself so I joined this forum, http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php
It is the same format as the org and I sorted out my problem while also making some new friends.

sorghaghtanibeki
10-Sep-14, 18:59
Thank you Niall, it was to much repeats, to much arguments to much nasty. now is better

susie
10-Sep-14, 19:43
I think I spotted a forum called - we'reonaroadtonowhere.org- but I can't remember seeing a signpost for it.