PDA

View Full Version : Better together ?

sam09
08-Sep-14, 20:14
Sam the reality is the financial turmoil and newly independent Scotland will go through when it realises that a Currency Union was never a reality will send shock waves through society, whilst it is very easy to say youre prepared for a bit of unrest whilst the country is in a transition period, are you seriously speaking on behalf of the people who realistically do not have sufficient income to withstand the turmoil it would create.
Creating a central bank and capitlising it isnt and overnight job and despite your somewhat gung ho attitude toward independence no one has treated you like an idiot except for yourself throwing that one in the ring. If you would like to carefully explain to me the real impact of what happens when Currency union doesnt occur and the first minister has to speak to the country that despite his assurances the country will have to use sterling for the time being and therefor will not be eligible for entry into the EU for the forseeable future or any of the other scenarios which would follow dependent on which route the SNP decide to go down.
The harsh reality is you are voting for Independence to a party with a poor track record to keeping its promises and regardless of everything thats been said the SNP hold an overwhelming majority at the moment. A newly Independent Scotland will be written as the SNP want it, there is nothing in the white paper that says otherwise you have to believe their word that they will do what is democratic and representative of the whole of Scotlands electorate.
Many things I do see in the political landscape but I do not see a whole population clammering for Independence like Norway had, if nothing else you currently have a country divided.
And for the delectation of weeker 2014 I am fully eligible to vote in the referendum and intend to vote NO

Answer from sam09:

Do you think Scotland could be a successful Independent Country ?

Can you name any country that has achieved Independence from The U.K. that has asked to come back ?

I speak for no-one but myself.

No-one has said it will/could be done overnight.

We are voting in an Independence Referendum not for The S.N.P. Their white paper is what The S.N.P`s proposals are for their ideas for an independent Scotland are.

The great opportunity in achieving a YES vote is that The Scottish electorate get to choose their own Government.

Now answer my questions.