PDA

View Full Version : The Money where your mouth is Pledge

BetterTogether
08-Sep-14, 10:49
Today we launch the Money where your mouth is Pledge.

This is where every yes voter pledges to support and help those in the community directly financially adversely affected by a YES vote on the 18th.
These great and noble keyboard warriors are fearless in their support of independence when sitting behind a keyboard stoking the debate, but today we ask them to do more than just blether and actually offer to support those in the community whose fuels and food bills rise, those whose mortgages rise because of their political idealism.
Its easy to sit and make political statements about FREE and FAIR societies but this is where we call each and every independence supporter to pledge their financial support to a free and fair society.
Its quite simple if you're a yes voter and you post here or elsewhere just put your name below to say that, you believe independence is what is best for Scotland and your belief is so strong you're prepared to help every single person who finds themselves financially disadvantaged by the creation of an Independent Scotland.
Then we can believe your'e serious about the strength or your convictions.

Bobinovich
08-Sep-14, 10:56
Only if every No voter offers the same pledge for every Yes voter in the event we continue to be worse off under the Union!

Murdina Bug
08-Sep-14, 11:00
Only if every No voter offers the same pledge for every Yes voter in the event we continue to be worse off under the Union!

What he said!

philupmaboug
08-Sep-14, 11:01
Whats your other forum name "BetterTogether"? free question ;)

Shaggy
08-Sep-14, 11:08
Are you prepared to support and help those in the community who will be even more directly financially and adversely affected by a NO vote on the 18th? Do you believe the union is what is best for Scotland and your belief is so strong you're prepared to help every single person who finds themselves financially disadvantaged by the continuation of the union?

Well i will have the decency to reply since you couldn't be bothered to reply to my previous posts.

Mortgage payments.
You fail to mention that the second the government raise the interest rate, mortgage payment will too. People will have less money to spend and the knock-on effect will be detrimental to the already flagging economy, y'know, the failing economy the present government prevails over!

Fuel
Old people and those on low incomes will suffer again this winter when the prices rise again. The present government will, as per usual, do jack all about reigning the big six in.

Food
The people of Scotland won't have to worry about food prices soon because due to present Downing street policies, more food banks are opening daily to give away free food.

Its easy to sit and make political statements about FREE and FAIR societies but this is where we call each and every union supporter to pledge their financial support to a free and fair society.
Its quite simple if you're a no voter and you post here or elsewhere just put your name below to say that, you believe the union is what is best for Scotland and your belief is so strong you're prepared to help every single person who finds themselves financially disadvantaged by the continuation of the union.

Then we can believe that you are serious.

Oh, btw, im a YES voter!

footnote-some of the text in the above statement by me is not my own work. it has been cut/pasted from other peoples work. kudos to them for writing it in the first place.

BetterTogether
08-Sep-14, 11:21
Whats your other forum name "BetterTogether"? free question ;)

No other forum name this is it. Sorry to disappoint.

BetterTogether
08-Sep-14, 11:28
Are you prepared to support and help those in the community who will be even more directly financially and adversely affected by a NO vote on the 18th? Do you believe the union is what is best for Scotland and your belief is so strong you're prepared to help every single person who finds themselves financially disadvantaged by the continuation of the union?

Well i will have the decency to reply since you couldn't be bothered to reply to my previous posts.

Mortgage payments.
You fail to mention that the second the government raise the interest rate, mortgage payment will too. People will have less money to spend and the knock-on effect will be detrimental to the already flagging economy, y'know, the failing economy the present government prevails over!

Fuel
Old people and those on low incomes will suffer again this winter when the prices rise again. The present government will, as per usual, do jack all about reigning the big six in.

Food
The people of Scotland won't have to worry about food prices soon because due to present Downing street policies, more food banks are opening daily to give away free food.

Its easy to sit and make political statements about FREE and FAIR societies but this is where we call each and every union supporter to pledge their financial support to a free and fair society.
Its quite simple if you're a no voter and you post here or elsewhere just put your name below to say that, you believe the union is what is best for Scotland and your belief is so strong you're prepared to help every single person who finds themselves financially disadvantaged by the continuation of the union.

Then we can believe that you are serious.

Oh, btw, im a YES voter!

footnote-some of the text in the above statement by me is not my own work. it has been cut/pasted from other peoples work. kudos to them for writing it in the first place.

Well Shaggy as per usual you have more problems with information being used from elsewhere than the content of that information.
Ive yet to see you explain what the Plan B is where you think this free and fair society is going to come from or where all the extra money is coming from. Its very easy for you to sit there and nay say all the time but as usual with every yes supporter I've come across you have nothing to say about the realities of a Yes vote.
Can you explain what happens when there is no currency union and the effects of that for every man woman and child living in Scotland. Can you explain what happens when entry into the EU doesn't happen. Unless you're in a position to give well informed comprehensive answers then you've nothing useful to say in this debate.
Oh and I don't really mind if you use information freely out there on the web to support your argument.

I invite you to step up to the debate an instead of drilling holes into what I have said put up a well informed comprehensive answer to counter it.

squidge
08-Sep-14, 11:33
What you singularly fail to understand Better Together than many of us do what you say now. Many of us have worked for years either paid work or voluntary work or unpaid caring work or thorough sport or through political campigning.to support people who are adversely affected by life's problems. And we are yes and no voters. Some of us are voting for independence and some of us are voting to remain in the union.

Your post boils it all down to money - which is not what this is about for most voters on both sides of the debate. You know what will happen Better Together? in the event of a NO vote, we will dust ourselves off, get the metaphorical lippy out and stick a smile on our face and get on with supporting those people let down by the WM government over the last 30 years and working and getting on with our lives. In the event of a YES vote we wont need the lippy, we will turn to all you NO voters and say "come on, help us build the better Scotland that we know we all want" And all the No voters that I know and love will take that hand and begin the work to ensure Scotland is the best it can be.

I dont want no Voters money - i want their time, their enthusiasm and their desire for a better place to live - cos i think we all want that - we just have different ways of going about getting it.

Shaggy
08-Sep-14, 11:38
I would be happy to put up a counter argument to what you said but you have said nothing. It's all other people's work and instead of answering the questions asked of you continue to counter by asking more questions but yes you're right, i have absolutely nothing useful to say in this debate. That is purely because everything i have said is basically copy/pasted from what YOU said so we'll leave it at that eh!

i'm going back to lurking, makes me feel better than pandering to clueless, scaremongering pro-unionists.

BetterTogether
08-Sep-14, 11:48
So here we have it absolutely no serious answers to those oh so very important questions.

Lots of blethering and childlike retorts about lippy but you cant actually answer the serious questions that effect everyone one of us everyday.

I asked simple questions about the things which really matter to people you magnificently fail to answer.

To Build a free and fair society requires money you can try and dress it up anyway you like but you are unable to answer the serious financial questions still unanswered.

squidge
08-Sep-14, 12:12
Well Shaggy as per usual you have more problems with information being used from elsewhere than the content of that information.
Ive yet to see you explain what the Plan B

Oh you have to be kidding -Plan B again????

Lets see. In the event that WM maintains its economically suicidal position of no currency union, Scotland will have a range of options to choose from all of which are available for anyone to google - if you want the links let me know.

The answer to which currency Scotland will have if it doesnt get a currency union ( i would prefer that we didnt have one to be honest) is that we would have OUR OWN currency and we that might be whatever the hell we want it to be.

The effect on every man, woman and child in Scotland is that they would still ahve money in their bank, they would still have wages form their employer, they would still get their benefits, their pensions and their dividends, they would still be able to pay their bills, they would still be able to go to the shops and do their shopping, they would still be able to get tax rebates and buy stuff on amazon and ebay.

All currency options have pros and cons and they are laid out here for all to see. This image is taken from the Fiscal commissions working group report and illustrates the options quite nicely

squidge
08-Sep-14, 12:17
Are you shouting at me Better Together - That is really quite rude. I have an idea. Ask one question and we will answer it, then ask another and we will answer it. That maight make it more managebale for folk to see. If you have SERIOUS financial questions then ask them one at a time in a coherent manner and your own words instead of ridiculous flippant posts about pledges and point scoring which allow you to complain when you get an answer n the same vein.

on ya go

Rheghead
08-Sep-14, 12:24
It is the Better Together campaigners like BNP, tories, UKIP etc that are eroding the mere idea of community so don't give us this rubbish. I do enough in my community already. Thatcher's view was that modern politics is all about ME ME ME!

Rheghead
08-Sep-14, 12:33
So here we have it absolutely no serious answers to those oh so very important questions.

Lots of blethering and childlike retorts about lippy but you cant actually answer the serious questions that effect everyone one of us everyday.

I asked simple questions about the things which really matter to people you magnificently fail to answer.

To Build a free and fair society requires money you can try and dress it up anyway you like but you are unable to answer the serious financial questions still unanswered.

Again you fail to see the very indomitable spirit of what this referendum is all about. The questions are very serious questions, yes, but this referendum is not about technical issues that can be answered in good time, it is all about which direction that we want to take Scotland on. It is about democracy, fairness, social justice and having a positive World-facing viewpoint about where we are going. We don't want governments that we don't vote for, we don't want taxes that we didn't ask for, we don't want to go into illegal wars without the will of the Scottish people. It is all about being a proper functioning country where we take responsibility for our decisions. Get it??

Even Chance
08-Sep-14, 12:42
Oh dear. Is this an official BT stance and tactic, or all your own clever idea? Bravo.....encore!

sam09
08-Sep-14, 12:55
Today we launch the Money where your mouth is Pledge.

This is where every yes voter pledges to support and help those in the community directly financially adversely affected by a YES vote on the 18th.
These great and noble keyboard warriors are fearless in their support of independence when sitting behind a keyboard stoking the debate, but today we ask them to do more than just blether and actually offer to support those in the community whose fuels and food bills rise, those whose mortgages rise because of their political idealism.
Its easy to sit and make political statements about FREE and FAIR societies but this is where we call each and every independence supporter to pledge their financial support to a free and fair society.
Its quite simple if you're a yes voter and you post here or elsewhere just put your name below to say that, you believe independence is what is best for Scotland and your belief is so strong you're prepared to help every single person who finds themselves financially disadvantaged by the creation of an Independent Scotland.
Then we can believe your'e serious about the strength or your convictions.

Yes Better together, I pledge to continue to work and pay my dues to help others and to help build a free and fairer society. I do believe Independence is best for Scotland.

BetterTogether
08-Sep-14, 13:36
So still no serious answers to the serious economic questions being asked.

But we do have the usual obfuscation from the yes supporters.

BetterTogether
08-Sep-14, 13:37
Oh you have to be kidding -Plan B again????

Lets see. In the event that WM maintains its economically suicidal position of no currency union, Scotland will have a range of options to choose from all of which are available for anyone to google - if you want the links let me know.

The answer to which currency Scotland will have if it doesnt get a currency union ( i would prefer that we didnt have one to be honest) is that we would have OUR OWN currency and we that might be whatever the hell we want it to be.

The effect on every man, woman and child in Scotland is that they would still ahve money in their bank, they would still have wages form their employer, they would still get their benefits, their pensions and their dividends, they would still be able to pay their bills, they would still be able to go to the shops and do their shopping, they would still be able to get tax rebates and buy stuff on amazon and ebay.

All currency options have pros and cons and they are laid out here for all to see. This image is taken from the Fiscal commissions working group report and illustrates the options quite nicely

I do hope you put that up as a joke and not something to be taken seriously.

Shaggy
08-Sep-14, 14:03
I do hope you put that up as a joke and not something to be taken seriously.

why? are you jealous because no-one is taking you seriously?

weeker2014
08-Sep-14, 14:26
Well Shaggy as per usual you have more problems with information being used from elsewhere than the content of that information.Ive yet to see you explain what the Plan B is where you think this free and fair society is going to come from or where all the extra money is coming from. Its very easy for you to sit there and nay say all the time but as usual with every yes supporter I've come across you have nothing to say about the realities of a Yes vote.Can you explain what happens when there is no currency union and the effects of that for every man woman and child living in Scotland. Can you explain what happens when entry into the EU doesn't happen. Unless you're in a position to give well informed comprehensive answers then you've nothing useful to say in this debate. Oh and I don't really mind if you use information freely out there on the web to support your argument.I invite you to step up to the debate an instead of drilling holes into what I have said put up a well informed comprehensive answer to counter it.Better Together do you live in Scotland? Do you actually have a vote?

sam09
08-Sep-14, 14:27
So still no serious answers to the serious economic questions being asked.

But we do have the usual obfuscation from the yes supporters.

Better together, why do you and your fellow members of the better together campaign allude to we YES supporters as idiots ? We see beyond the rhetoric from both sides have weighed up the pros and cons made our informed decisions to vote YES.
Do you know of any country that has gained Independence from the U.K. that has asked to come back?

We know that it will be a long and difficult transition to Independence. We know that Scotland can and will be a successful Independent Country. We know that we The people of Scotland can make all the decisions on Scotland`s future here in Scotland by a Government elected by the will of The Scottish People. We know we can not rely on devolved powers from Westminster that can just as easily be taken away as given.

Would Scotland not be able to set up its own Central Bank ? That will be a yes Then.

Do believe that Scotland could be a successful Independent Country ?

sam09
08-Sep-14, 15:49
Still no serious answers from better together.

weeker2014
08-Sep-14, 15:50
Better Together has still alluded to his eligibility to vote in this referendum

BetterTogether
08-Sep-14, 17:56
Sam the reality is the financial turmoil and newly independent Scotland will go through when it realises that a Currency Union was never a reality will send shock waves through society, whilst it is very easy to say youre prepared for a bit of unrest whilst the country is in a transition period, are you seriously speaking on behalf of the people who realistically do not have sufficient income to withstand the turmoil it would create.
Creating a central bank and capitlising it isnt and overnight job and despite your somewhat gung ho attitude toward independence no one has treated you like an idiot except for yourself throwing that one in the ring. If you would like to carefully explain to me the real impact of what happens when Currency union doesnt occur and the first minister has to speak to the country that despite his assurances the country will have to use sterling for the time being and therefor will not be eligible for entry into the EU for the forseeable future or any of the other scenarios which would follow dependent on which route the SNP decide to go down.
The harsh reality is you are voting for Independence to a party with a poor track record to keeping its promises and regardless of everything thats been said the SNP hold an overwhelming majority at the moment. A newly Independent Scotland will be written as the SNP want it, there is nothing in the white paper that says otherwise you have to believe their word that they will do what is democratic and representative of the whole of Scotlands electorate.
Many things I do see in the political landscape but I do not see a whole population clammering for Independence like Norway had, if nothing else you currently have a country divided.
And for the delectation of weeker 2014 I am fully eligible to vote in the referendum and intend to vote NO

Rheghead
08-Sep-14, 18:01
Still no serious answers from better together.

It strikes me that he/she knows the price of everything but knows the value of nothing.

reddevil
08-Sep-14, 19:29
what make you think by voting yes we are all going to be rich beyond our wildest dreams,think about it we will be paying our taxes and morgages and for petrol,nothing is going to change not for us that work hard and have being all our lives,so i am voting no united we stand devided we will fall for sure as yesterday was and is the past.