PDA

View Full Version : Advice for old cat!

celtchicky
07-Sep-14, 10:32
Moving house & worried about my wee cat

Shes approx 16 & deaf

I'm sure she'll be ok but she lost her brother a couple of months ago & cries a lot (prob due to deafness)

I'm not letting her out, keepin her usual bed etc

Any other advice welcome

Thanks

jo bowd
07-Sep-14, 13:59
I'm not sure that I would want greasy butter stains all over my furnishings, but just keep her in for a few weeks until she's had time to explore the house and then on a nice day go out with her to reassure her and see how she behaves. I've successfully moved with cats several times and they soon settle with familiar things. If she's not bothered about going outside, then keep her in, at 16 it won't do her any harm and at least you will have peace of mind as long as she's used to a litter tray. My eldest cat will be 19 in October but she doesn't do "outside", it's damp and breezy and she prefers fleecy blanket and fire. Good luck with the move.

daisychain
07-Sep-14, 16:19
I moved with my 16 year old cat last year and she is deaf, she settled in fine and i let her out after a week.

millavilla
07-Sep-14, 21:45
Hi, get one of the feliway plug in diffusers from the vets and use it for a few months. Iv used them before and it helped, it sends out a pheromone that will help your cat if she gets stressed