PDA

View Full Version : Moaning customers

Fluff
19-Mar-07, 19:35
i have to have a moan about a gurning customer lol.

Why are some people so unreasonable? we had a gentleman in today for an appointment. His last appointment we had to cancel because the contact lens optom had a death in the family. We re-booked him today (with an ordinary optom, not something we do too often) and she ran late because her patient had alot of problems, had to be sent to the hospital etc..

i can understand his moan in that noone told him of the delay (we were not aware of it as far as i know) so he demanded to speak to the manager who was on lunch.

Manager phones him when he gets back, listens and says sorry etc.. patient then demands a letter saying everything manager has just said.
Patient then says 'why were you not on the shop floor at the tim?' manager explains he needs to have lunch, he started at 8:30 and would not finish until 6pm, patient then has the cheek to say manager should not be having lunch, he should be on the shop floor at all times!
yes, because us people who work in shops dont need to eat, sleep and poo!

i mean come on!

rant over, thank you for your time :)

Semiazas
19-Mar-07, 23:10
How dare you waste my time making me read this thread, do you not think I have better threads to read?

I want an apology in writing right below this reply.

This is just not acceptable...

;)

Jeid
20-Mar-07, 00:17
What a tube. People can be so unreasonable at times.

Lucy
20-Mar-07, 12:12
A customer once made a complaint against me to my line manager because i did not answer the phone on my lunch hour 1pm - 2pm. he stated that he had phoned 3 times within the hour and only got an answering machine asking him to leave his name & number and i would get in touch asap. His complaint was that he shouln't have to wait for me to phone him back and i should be there to take the call whenever he felt like calling.

Perhaps i should have called him at 9am to ask when it would be convenient for me to eat my lunch just in case he felt like phoning me:lol:

j4bberw0ck
20-Mar-07, 12:30
His complaint was that he shouln't have to wait for me to phone him back and i should be there to take the call whenever he felt like calling

Just out of interest; YOU, personally, should have been there to take the call, or SOMEONE should have been there to take the call?

dozerboy
20-Mar-07, 13:51
i have to have a moan about a gurning customer lol.

Why are some people so unreasonable? we had a gentleman in today for an appointment. His last appointment we had to cancel because the contact lens optom had a death in the family. We re-booked him today (with an ordinary optom, not something we do too often) and she ran late because her patient had alot of problems, had to be sent to the hospital etc..

i can understand his moan in that noone told him of the delay (we were not aware of it as far as i know) so he demanded to speak to the manager who was on lunch.

Manager phones him when he gets back, listens and says sorry etc.. patient then demands a letter saying everything manager has just said.
Patient then says 'why were you not on the shop floor at the tim?' manager explains he needs to have lunch, he started at 8:30 and would not finish until 6pm, patient then has the cheek to say manager should not be having lunch, he should be on the shop floor at all times!
yes, because us people who work in shops dont need to eat, sleep and poo!

i mean come on!

rant over, thank you for your time :)

Yes, but is the customer not always right?

I must admit though, this one sounds like a right idiot!!

Lucy
20-Mar-07, 14:13
Just out of interest; YOU, personally, should have been there to take the call, or SOMEONE should have been there to take the call?

It has to be made as i'm the only one in the office and the only time some-one else would answer the phone is when i'm off sick (once in a blue moon) or on A/L

crashbandicoot1979
20-Mar-07, 14:18
What a loser. We get a lot of customers who moan about stupid stuff aswell. I think its just people who have little else to do with their time :confused

j4bberw0ck
20-Mar-07, 15:09
It has to be made as i'm the only one in the office and the only time some-one else would answer the phone is when i'm off sick (once in a blue moon) or on A/L

OK, unreasonable he / she is. You could tell people that you would in the normal course of things be there to take their call but unfortunately the Factories Act and subsequent legislation lays down guidelines about when you must by law take a break and you had no choice :lol:.......

danc1ngwitch
20-Mar-07, 15:58
people can be so unreasonable, picky, children could not be more childish. We are all like this from time to time, depending on our mood.
I went to tesco yesterday to get a film developed as it said on their pack bring bk for development.
I spoke to a woman who said oh no we don't do it, i replyed but on ur pack it says you do, she said you best see customer services.
I did an they have to send the film of, which was fine by me, i turned to the first woman i spoke to who was looking worried and gave her a smile with thumbs up.
She was glad to see all was ok.
BUT what happens when the next customer comes across this same thing... moan moan moan...then again maybe not

Fluff
20-Mar-07, 20:52
Yes, but is the customer not always right?

I must admit though, this one sounds like a right idiot!!
hmm, i really dislike that, the customer is always right. we get that alot, but as a medical establishment, we are often right, not the customer.

just gotta keep smiling, through gritted teeth...

htwood
20-Mar-07, 21:04
People who act like this are really poor poor things. They need something out of life that they are not getting, but it doesnt mean they are always right.
When something like this happens to me, I picture that person wearing red flannel longjohns, with the flap down in back LOL That allows me to keep smiling and not take their rant personally, without them knowing it. Or I give them a notepad and say, could you write all that down for me please. Kinda diffuses the situation.

ŠAmethyst
20-Mar-07, 22:09
A customer once made a complaint against me to my line manager because i did not answer the phone on my lunch hour 1pm - 2pm. he stated that he had phoned 3 times within the hour and only got an answering machine asking him to leave his name & number and i would get in touch asap. His complaint was that he shouln't have to wait for me to phone him back and i should be there to take the call whenever he felt like calling.

Perhaps i should have called him at 9am to ask when it would be convenient for me to eat my lunch just in case he felt like phoning me:lol:

At least you had an answer machine. After all, isn't that what an answering machine is for? To record a message when no one's available?

My last job was awful. I was the only person in the building late in the evening. The job was at a garage... legally, they couldn't leave me alone in the building incase we were robbed or whatever. Got a complaint about my 'laziness' once...

That was a sunday afternoon. I was out washing the pumps and cleaning the forecourt. I slipped on fuel and really hurt myself - along comes a customer, picks up a pump and waits for authorisation... only I was unable to get up straight away as I was in so much pain. I got a verbal warning for that. [lol]

Some things are beyond our control. People should realise this... and the idiots that refuse to realise it... well, I'll not say anything about them as I'll get banned from the forum for using awful language lol

poppett
21-Mar-07, 20:48
Sorry folks, but I was a moaning customer today. Got a new lounge suite delivered. Haulage firm called last week saying which delivery date suited but not able to give a time. Driver would call half an hour before arriving to give me time to get to the house (haven`t moved in yet). All this happened as promised, but it was wet and windy....four screws had to be taken out of the lounge window to put suite in as access via door too narrow. Driver took the hump and dumped the suite in the garden, just as the access was ready. "you should have had the (swearing wordies not allowed on forumX2) window out when you knew I was on my way. " Given that he was at Latheron and the road could have been blocked and I did not fancy sitting with no window with a northerly gale blowing in for whatever length of time it took him to arrive, sorry but I felt justified about complaining.
He stuffed receipts in my hand to sign for him, and being a fast writer my complaint is clearly written where I should have signed and his boss was aware by phone what had occurred before he reached the bottom of the road. Expect at least an apology, plus I am scarred for life where the settee caught my hand on the way in.

cuddlepop
21-Mar-07, 21:21
poppet thats awful so much for after care service.
Name and shame and then we can al boygot them :Razz

sassylass
22-Mar-07, 01:24
Last week a young man was giving samples of prawns in sauce at our local Safeways, he was trying his hardest to fix them just right. A customer sampled a prawn and then proceeded to go on and on and embarrass the young man saying how the sauce was too salty. As if the young man had made the sauce himself! So, I took a prawn and proceeded to rave about how delicious the sauce was. The look of gratitude on the young man's face was worth the swelling I got from too much salt.

poppett
25-Mar-07, 23:32
Cuddlepop,
Have been in touch with catalogue company who gave me some flannel about the haulier being a sub contractor to their haulier as they don`t deliver to the islands (it`s that kw postcode again....they think we live in Orkney). I have told them I need compensation for my ruined carpet, and if I don`t get it then I will contact the media and name and shame as you suggest.
I have three witnesses to the driver`s abusive language, so fingers crossed some good comes out of it. At the moment every time I walk into the flat and see the mess in the hall I want to cry!

Cattach
26-Mar-07, 07:41
hmm, i really dislike that, the customer is always right. we get that alot, but as a medical establishment, we are often right, not the customer.

just gotta keep smiling, through gritted teeth...

Pity we cannot hear the other side of the story. There is generally two sides to every story and they do not always coincide!!