PDA

View Full Version : Iraq/ Syria

sam09
05-Sep-14, 16:42
It looks as though David Cameron is contemplating bombing the rebels in Iraq and Syria, do we really want/need to be involved in yet another illegal war? Should we not be cutting off the funding to these rebels by stopping the buying of the oil from captured oil wells and imposing sanctions on companies that are buying this oil. We (The Western Powers) must know who is supplying the Arms and ammunition to the I.S.I.L Rebels. We should be doing all we can to cut off these supplies, or is it western companies profiting once again by selling arms and ammunition to both sides?

Is David Cameron waiting the outcome of The Scottish Referendum (hoping for a no vote) before starting bombing raids?

mi16
05-Sep-14, 17:05
It looks as though David Cameron is contemplating bombing the rebels in Iraq and Syria, do we really want/need to be involved in yet another illegal war? Should we not be cutting off the funding to these rebels by stopping the buying of the oil from captured oil wells and imposing sanctions on companies that are buying this oil. We (The Western Powers) must know who is supplying the Arms and ammunition to the I.S.I.L Rebels. We should be doing all we can to cut off these supplies, or is it western companies profiting once again by selling arms and ammunition to both sides?

Is David Cameron waiting the outcome of The Scottish Referendum (hoping for a no vote) before starting bombing raids?

would it be an illegal war?

Heisenberg
05-Sep-14, 19:13
would it be an illegal war? I don't think so.

Heisenberg
05-Sep-14, 19:16
It looks as though David Cameron is contemplating bombing the rebels in Iraq and Syria, do we really want/need to be involved in yet another illegal war? Should we not be cutting off the funding to these rebels by stopping the buying of the oil from captured oil wells and imposing sanctions on companies that are buying this oil. We (The Western Powers) must know who is supplying the Arms and ammunition to the I.S.I.L Rebels. We should be doing all we can to cut off these supplies, or is it western companies profiting once again by selling arms and ammunition to both sides?Is David Cameron waiting the outcome of The Scottish Referendum (hoping for a no vote) before starting bombing raids?Please explain sam09, what has war in Iraq and Syria got to do with Scotland or the referendum? (Its just a question Sam, not a fight).

sam09
05-Sep-14, 19:59
What makes a legal war mi16? Heisenberg, I am sure the people of Scotland do not want to become embroiled in another war. I personally think David Cameron is putting of bombing Iraq and Syria as he thinks it would affect the vote here in Scotland by like minded people. What about the rest of the post? what are your views on getting involved?

Heisenberg if I said the day of the week was Friday you would find something to argue about.

Heisenberg
05-Sep-14, 20:15
What makes a legal war mi16? Heisenberg, I am sure the people of Scotland do not want to become embroiled in another war. I personally think David Cameron is putting of bombing Iraq and Syria as he thinks it would affect the vote here in Scotland by like minded people. What about the rest of the post? what are your views on getting involved? Heisenberg if I said the day of the week was Friday you would find something to argue about.Thank you for your answer Sam, I had no idea that you were the the main spokesperson for Scottish people. I would quite happily go to war in Iraq or syria , or indeed both. I don't mean just as a country I also mean personally, if there was an opportunity and someone put a rifle in my hand I would leave tommorow, how about you sam09, would you leave it to others to wage war on terror? If there is a yes vote YESNP say they want to remain in NATO, so Scotland would be included in 'your' so called 'illegal war' anyway.

Heisenberg
05-Sep-14, 20:20
Heisenberg if I said the day of the week was Friday you would find something to argue about. Nope, I'm fairly sure, your right its Friday.

sam09
05-Sep-14, 20:29
Thank you for your answer Sam, I had no idea that you were the the main spokesperson for Scottish people. I would quite happily go to war in Iraq or syria , or indeed both. I don't mean just as a country I also mean personally, if there was an opportunity and someone put a rifle in my hand I would leave tommorow, how about you sam09, would you leave it to others to wage war on terror? If there is a yes vote YESNP say they want to remain in NATO, so Scotland would be included in 'your' so called 'illegal war' anyway.

Then what is stopping you Heisenberg ? Leave tomorrow. Have you elected me as the main spokesman for the Scottish people? I just stated my thoughts. Has there been a vote by the N.A.T.O. Council on getting involved ? There is more ways of getting results than bombing. Read my post Heisenberg. With your eyes and not your mouth.

theone
05-Sep-14, 20:31
Have "we" bought any oil from captured Wells?

Who has bought the oil, and what sanctions do you propose?

mi16
05-Sep-14, 20:37
NATO may not accept us though, especially when we tell them to remove our nuclear weapons from Scottish soil.We will have to go through the application process in any case which is believed to take a fair period of time.What do you think an independant Scotland would do In the current situation with jihad john holding a blade to a scotsmans throat and threatening to decapitate him?

sam09
05-Sep-14, 20:39
Have "we" bought any oil from captured Wells?

Who has bought the oil, and what sanctions do you propose?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=9&ved=0CDwQqQIoADAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fr-in-northeast-syria-islamic-state-builds-a-government-2014-9&ei=4A8KVNrNGfOA7Qar9IDQBA&usg=AFQjCNE675jDLL__Y0tBiUNYjIlUSJNMdw&bvm=bv.74649129,d.d2s&cad=rja

Read above. I am sure the Western Intelligence Services know who is supplying arms and ammunition to the rebels and who is buying the oil and should impose sanctions on the countries and businesses dealing with them

sam09
05-Sep-14, 20:48
NATO may not accept us though, especially when we tell them to remove our nuclear weapons from Scottish soil.We will have to go through the application process in any case which is believed to take a fair period of time.What do you think an independant Scotland would do In the current situation with jihad john holding a blade to a scotsmans throat and threatening to decapitate him?

I did not think we had to have nuclear weapons to join N.A.T.O. If the next war is fought using nuclear weapons then the war after that will be fought with bows and arrows. Another point I make is: today`s terrorist is often tomorrow`s politician. Do you honestly think bombing I.S.I.L. will help save hostages?

mi16
05-Sep-14, 21:01
I did not think we had to have nuclear weapons to join N.A.T.O. If the next war is fought using nuclear weapons then the war after that will be fought with bows and arrows. Another point I make is: today`s terrorist is often tomorrow`s politician. Do you honestly think bombing I.S.I.L. will help save hostages?Having nukes deters others from using nukes upon you.Again, what do you think an independant Scotland would do in this situation?

Heisenberg
05-Sep-14, 21:16
Then what is stopping you Heisenberg ? Leave tomorrow. Have you elected me as the main spokesman for the Scottish people? I just stated my thoughts. Has there been a vote by the N.A.T.O. Council on getting involved ? There is more ways of getting results than bombing. Read my post Heisenberg. With your eyes and not your mouth. No you stated "I'm sure the people of Scotland do not want to become embroiled in another war", well guess what, some of us might. Alas I am too old and infirm to fight a guerilla war on a rugged mountain side, and as of yet I have not been presented with a rifle, if I were 40 years younger, YOU would not hold me back. Sometimes bombing is the ONLY way of getting results, remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki

sam09
05-Sep-14, 23:09
No you stated "I'm sure the people of Scotland do not want to become embroiled in another war", well guess what, some of us might. Alas I am too old and infirm to fight a guerilla war on a rugged mountain side, and as of yet I have not been presented with a rifle, if I were 40 years younger, YOU would not hold me back. Sometimes bombing is the ONLY way of getting results, remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Heisenberg, So you are the spokesperson for "some of us" ? You would go tomorrow if someone would give you a rifle, then you are too old and infirm to go. Hold you back if you where 40 years younger? NO, I would pay for your ticket. Are you saying that bombing is the only way to deal with I.S.I.L. ?

I still say that cutting of their (I.S.I.L`s) supply lines are a way forward combined with sanctions against companies/countries dealing with them would be a good way to start. Yes that alone would not defeat the rebels, there would have to be a ground war but that should be left to the Iraqi and Syrian Governments. and their forces to deal with.

No I do not know what an Independent Scotland would do in this position. But I would hope that bombing would be a last resort.

Kenn
06-Sep-14, 00:06
And how would you cut off the supply lines?
These are fanatics who are openly supported by certain middle east governments, who when historically asked why they road to Damascus replied. "For our ends."
These are not people that you can sit down and discus matters, they have no morality other than that they invent for themselves, no humanity and a warped sense of religion that disgraces the very faith they say they serve.
The bullet and the bomb are the only language they know.
They are a threat to any country that displays tolerance. equality and educates both sexes.
This has nothing to do with Independence it is far above and beyond such a matter.

Heisenberg
06-Sep-14, 09:24
And how would you cut off the supply lines? These are fanatics who are openly supported by certain middle east governments, who when historically asked why they road to Damascus replied. "For our ends."These are not people that you can sit down and discus matters, they have no morality other than that they invent for themselves, no humanity and a warped sense of religion that disgraces the very faith they say they serve.The bullet and the bomb are the only language they know.They are a threat to any country that displays tolerance. equality and educates both sexes.This has nothing to do with Independence it is far above and beyond such a matter. Exactly Lizz, the ONLY way to deal with these people, other than to use force, is if the whole world convert to Islam, as whilst there are still none Muslims at large then they will fight, as 'it is written' in their good book as they (fundamentalists) read it.

Heisenberg
06-Sep-14, 09:36
Having nukes deters others from using nukes upon you.Again, what do you think an independant Scotland would do in this situation? Sam09 does seem to have a problem answering straight forward questions, instead just jumping in with insulting comments. Perhaps this time Sam you can just answer the question mi16 has asked.

sam09
06-Sep-14, 13:32
Sam09 does seem to have a problem answering straight forward questions, instead just jumping in with insulting comments. Perhaps this time Sam you can just answer the question mi16 has asked.

I did answer the question heisenberg. Unlike you I did not resort to reporting my posts to mods as insulting you.

I have already answered the question about supply lines, it would not be hard for the security services to find the source of supplies and cut them off. Stop people/countries from buying oil from them and impose sanctions on them.

I did say that there would have to be a ground war against them, but I said that should be left to Iraq/Syrian forces to deal with. No we can not talk to these fanatics on any level we can not negotiate with them. They may claim to have religion but in my opinion show no faith in any God.

According to Commons select Committee yesterday the Border Control Force said there are 60,000 illegal migrants in this country that they have lost track of, how many of them are terrorists ? We it seems can not protect our own borders.

Heisenberg
06-Sep-14, 13:51
I did answer the question heisenberg. Unlike you I did not resort to reporting my posts to mods as insulting you.I have already answered the question about supply lines, it would not be hard for the security services to find the source of supplies and cut them off. Stop people/countries from buying oil from them and impose sanctions on them.I did say that there would have to be a ground war against them, but I said that should be left to Iraq/Syrian forces to deal with. No we can not talk to these fanatics on any level we can not negotiate with them. They may claim to have religion but in my opinion show no faith in any God. According to Commons select Committee yesterday the Border Control Force said there are 60,000 illegal migrants in this country that they have lost track of, how many of them are terrorists ? We it seems can not protect our own borders. It certainly does seem that we have serious issue with border control in this country, being an island we should have tighter control. I think most illegal immigrants will just be desperate individuals, however some will be rouges wishing to ply their trade over here, and some will be terrorists planted here to await commands from afar or opportunities to arrive.

Humerous Vegetable
06-Sep-14, 14:20
Having nukes deters others from using nukes upon you.Again, what do you think an independant Scotland would do in this situation? You don't think this might make us a target, rather than a "deterrent"? Nato will not want an unaligned nation sitting in the middle of it's alliance, nuclear or not. I don't know enough about the private or political agendas of the middle east countries to make any comment at all about how to deal with the situation, except to say that I am totally opposed to Scotland being dragged into yet another war, without the people living here having some say in that decision.
Trident is controlled and would only be deployed at the command of the US, who own it.

mi16
06-Sep-14, 14:25
You don't think this might make us a target, rather than a "deterrent"? .

Have we ever in history had a nuke fired at us?

Humerous Vegetable
06-Sep-14, 14:59
Have we ever fired a nuclear weapon at anybody else, despite paying billions of pounds for hosting it on our shores? New Zealand went through the same process in 1987 and, the last time I looked, had not been "nuked" by anybody. despite being considerably closer to North Korea and China than we are. This is a lame argument.
The people of Scotland, paying for our troops, paying for our nuclear weapons, paying for decisions made by a Westminster parliament we did not elect, should have the final say in how our money is spent, and how Scottish armed forces are deployed.

mi16
06-Sep-14, 15:58
Have we ever fired a nuclear weapon at anybody else, despite paying billions of pounds for hosting it on our shores? New Zealand went through the same process in 1987 and, the last time I looked, had not been "nuked" by anybody. despite being considerably closer to North Korea and China than we are. This is a lame argument.
The people of Scotland, paying for our troops, paying for our nuclear weapons, paying for decisions made by a Westminster parliament we did not elect, should have the final say in how our money is spent, and how Scottish armed forces are deployed.

Therefore an excellent deterrent.

squidge
08-Sep-14, 20:25
There are many voices which think that the solution to the rise of IS in the middle east can only be resolved by the countries of the middle east working together to create an environment where IS is not able to function. Its also true that every time we get involved with the Middle east we fan the flames of fanaticism in the UK. I do not want to see troops on the ground nor do I want to see dead children on the news every night. I think the right way to go is to help the countries of the mIdde east to help themselves. Either by encouraging them to form inclusive governments or by supporting them with military advice or weaponry. I would actually go as far as air strikes but on no account should we be sending troops into battle.

The other thing no one has talked about is how we prevent our own young people from being radicalised. We have een talking about this for years and we do not seem to have it sussed. Anyone any ideas about that?