PDA

View Full Version : How low can the NO side go .

dozy
02-Sep-14, 15:12
After seeing Blair Macdougall the maestro of the NO vote spell out he is using an America company to arrange the success for the NO side . He then stated that he had used CREDIT and PERSONAL details along with FEAR and INTIMIDATION and TARGET those to gain NO votes . The statement is more like something out of an ABUSE trial than a independance campaign . I don't know of any women or man for that matter that would or could vote of a party using such low down tactics . It's a disgrace that 16 and 17 age olds are TARGETS and VICTIMS on their first chance to vote has been tainted by tactics that would sicken every Scot. I'd vote YES just to get rid the sick sods on the No side.

Humerous Vegetable
02-Sep-14, 16:34
Yes, they have run a very sad attempt at a campaign, and even they are getting embarrassed by it. It's very unfortunate for the Scottish voter that they are not getting a fair and positive view of a future Scotland from the No side and that U Kok are sinking into the murk of fear tactics, racism, wild declarations of doom and alarm which are completely unsubstantiated by any kind of reference to research or links to anything at all to back up their arguments
Westminster and the No vote is depending upon the apathy of the Scottish electorate to win this referendum. Unfortunately for them, the Scottish electorate is now fired up, and aware of all the arguments which the BBC and main stream newspapers have sought to spin against open debate, and the ball is now in our hands, not theirs, so we can put it over the line.
Vote for your country and your children, and not for the corrupt inhabitants of Westminster and the House of Lords.

PantsMAN
02-Sep-14, 17:08
Borrowed this from a chap called Jamie Green - not a campaigner, just another punter.I agree with him.

"I have lots of friends who are NO voters.
Most are intelligent, affluent and influential people. Some I love, some I admire and all I respect. Many don’t understand why I am a YES voter, they look at me like there must be something wrong with me. Like maybe “I just don’t get it,” that I can’t see what they know for sure to be true, that independence will ruin a good thing and impoverish us all.
Here is why I vote YES.
When the NO campaign tell me that the SNP haven’t set out clearly what an independent Scotland will look like – they are correct.
When they say that it will be hard and that we will have to negotiate for everything – they are correct.
When they say that it is a step into the unknown – they are correct.
But that is OK.
JFK once said,” We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organise and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.”
Here in Scotland, in just a few weeks’ time we have the opportunity to do something Hard.
He have the opportunity to organise and measure the best of our energies and skills and accept the challenge of building something new, something fresh, something that our children and their children can build further on.
It is human psychology to be risk adverse. We are hard wired to favour the bird in the hand over the two in the bush.
However there is no reward in life without risk.
All the best things that ever happened in my life involved stepping out of my comfort zone. Nothing great has ever landed in my lap. I don’t expect to be helped, not by the state, not by my employer, not even my family. When it happens it is always nice but it is not my right and I shouldn’t expect it.
When I look at the UK today I see a nation of people with their hands out, I see a wealthy elite feeding off of the rest of us, a middle class so afraid of immigration and taxes that they will sacrifice social justice entirely to protect what they have and a low paid underclass that is increasingly marginalised and fed upon by huge corporations and institutions alike.
We can change all that in Scotland.
If you don’t like Alex Salmond and the SNP fine – vote them out in a Scottish general election.
If you are worried about your taxes going up – fine worry but know that it is something you have little control over no matter the government and that any tax rise in an independent Scotland is likely to be nothing next to the rise in your mortgage and living costs as the economy tries to keep pace with London.
If you are afraid that it will all be different, you are right but that doesn’t mean it will all be bad.
Please don’t search for the facts. The facts are all lies on both sides. Nobody knows the future. The stable future of the status-quo is an illusion. It’s a fairy tale we tell ourselves because it is easier than taking bold action.
If you are a die hard Labour voter and can’t bring yourself to vote for the “Tartan Tories,” I ask you to set aside partisanship this one time. I for one would be love the chance to vote for Jim Murphy to lead an independent Scotland.
This is the opportunity of a generation. To miss it out of apathy or fear would be a shame.
Be brave Scottish people, be bold. This is the greatest opportunity you will ever have make a difference; to break away from an old and broken institution and make something new and dynamic and OURS.
Join me on the 18th in starting afresh.
I’m not promising easy, I don’t have that crystal ball that allows me to see how things will play but I trust you.
I trust that the Scottish people working together, those that voted no and those that voted yes, will passionately fight to create something wonderful. Your caution is rational, your caution is justified but this is not the time for caution. This is the time for bold action.
Seize the moment Scotland, we are not “Better Together” but Together we can make something much, much better. "

Heisenberg
02-Sep-14, 20:39
Yes, they have run a very sad attempt at a campaign, and even they are getting embarrassed by it. It's very unfortunate for the Scottish voter that they are not getting a fair and positive view of a future Scotland from the No side and that U Kok are sinking into the murk of fear tactics, racism, wild declarations of doom and alarm which are completely unsubstantiated by any kind of reference to research or links to anything at all to back up their arguments Westminster and the No vote is depending upon the apathy of the Scottish electorate to win this referendum. Unfortunately for them, the Scottish electorate is now fired up, and aware of all the arguments which the BBC and main stream newspapers have sought to spin against open debate, and the ball is now in our hands, not theirs, so we can put it over the line.Vote for your country and your children, and not for the corrupt inhabitants of Westminster and the House of Lords. The latest poll showed only six points in it, with 47%yes and 53%no, if you look at the poll on this thread it shows a similar result, but you will also notice 'undecided' and 'not voting' . 47+53=100 (when I was at school) so wherecare the undecided and not voters ? 6% is still enough to win by. ................. There will be as many (% wise) corrupt inhabitants in holyrood as in Westminster, unfortunately.

Oddquine
03-Sep-14, 09:10
The latest poll showed only six points in it, with 47%yes and 53%no, if you look at the poll on this thread it shows a similar result, but you will also notice 'undecided' and 'not voting' . 47+53=100 (when I was at school) so wherecare the undecided and not voters ? 6% is still enough to win by. ................. There will be as many (% wise) corrupt inhabitants in holyrood as in Westminster, unfortunately.

Maybe so......but we will have, in our written constitution, the right, for we who vote them in, to make them unemployed. Currently, we have to rely on them "doing the right thing" or their parties making them "do the right thing", and what they consider "the right thing" is rarely what the general population thinks. Being a member of Parliament should never mean that there is one law for them, and another law for all the rest of us, as is the situation now....and it should never mean that proven gross misconduct, on their part, if they "do the right thing" still allows them resettlement backhanders, a pension and a profit on second homes funded by the taxpayer, in a country in which the common man who fiddles benefits to any extent is prosecuted to the full force of the law. And, as our local councillors are not allowed to vote on issues in which they have an interest......why should members of Parliament, or the Lords, with links to health service private companies, arms manufacturers etc, be allowed to vote on issues which could provide profit for themselves or their families?

Independence will not just be a chance to change our politics to suit our aspirations, it will also be a chance to ensure our legislators are not above the laws they inflict on the rest of us.....which might just keep them honest.

Heisenberg
03-Sep-14, 21:13
Maybe so......but we will have, in our written constitution, the right, for we who vote them in, to make them unemployed. Currently, we have to rely on them "doing the right thing" or their parties making them "do the right thing", and what they consider "the right thing" is rarely what the general population thinks. Being a member of Parliament should never mean that there is one law for them, and another law for all the rest of us, as is the situation now....and it should never mean that proven gross misconduct, on their part, if they "do the right thing" still allows them resettlement backhanders, a pension and a profit on second homes funded by the taxpayer, in a country in which the common man who fiddles benefits to any extent is prosecuted to the full force of the law. And, as our local councillors are not allowed to vote on issues in which they have an interest......why should members of Parliament, or the Lords, with links to health service private companies, arms manufacturers etc, be allowed to vote on issues which could provide profit for themselves or their families? Independence will not just be a chance to change our politics to suit our aspirations, it will also be a chance to ensure our legislators are not above the laws they inflict on the rest of us.....which might just keep them honest. I admire your 'blue sky thinking', but if you put your rose tinted specs to one side for now you will see it won't make a toss of a difference. As for your last paragraph ending "which might just keep them honest", it brings to mind the saying involving 'Clyde' and 'banana boat'.

dozy
07-Sep-14, 12:17
I see the the NO campaign have indeed gone for the whole set .We've had the Targeting ,Intimidation ,Fear , and now the GROOMING ( some would say bribery) has now gone into full overdrive .No one can really vote for this party that seems hell bent on using Abuse tactics to Win . This type of campaign shows that society is not stamping out this behaviour, in fact we seams to tolerate and sometimes ( as now) encourage it. We wonder why things like the Rotherham Abuse scandal happen, look no further than this Tory lead campaign .

Heisenberg
07-Sep-14, 12:44
I see the the NO campaign have indeed gone for the whole set .We've had the Targeting ,Intimidation ,Fear , and now the GROOMING ( some would say bribery) has now gone into full overdrive .No one can really vote for this party that seems hell bent on using Abuse tactics to Win . This type of campaign shows that society is not stamping out this behaviour, in fact we seams to tolerate and sometimes ( as now) encourage it. We wonder why things like the Rotherham Abuse scandal happen, look no further than this Tory lead campaign .Please explain, as I dont read the papers or watch much TV. Are you saying that the NO campaigners are abusing children, or is it just the Tory members of Westminster (as obviously deviants don't vote any other way)?

dozy
07-Sep-14, 14:12
NO, I'm not saying anyone has Abused children , god forbid. By the NO side using the same tactic's you would find in a Abuse trial it's for people to judge . I don't think it's right to run a Campaign on Fear, intimidation and now promises that you have no intention of keeping ,many would see that as grooming. We have here for the first time 16 and 17 year olds and if the campaign gives the impression that this type of behaviour is the norm ,that dangerous . This leads us into a drip,drip except ability which allows abuse in any of its forms to exist. I find it strange that some folk find it OK to defend such tactics by any party . I think it really shows that however low some will stoop to win they will always find supporters . There's a couple of old caithness saying " fly with the crows shot with the crows" and "birds of a feather flock together".It's for folk to decide to which side best represents their views.

Heisenberg
07-Sep-14, 15:06
NO, I'm not saying anyone has Abused children , god forbid. By the NO side using the same tactic's you would find in a Abuse trial it's for people to judge . I don't think it's right to run a Campaign on Fear, intimidation and now promises that you have no intention of keeping ,many would see that as grooming. We have here for the first time 16 and 17 year olds and if the campaign gives the impression that this type of behaviour is the norm ,that dangerous . This leads us into a drip,drip except ability which allows abuse in any of its forms to exist. I find it strange that some folk find it OK to defend such tactics by any party . I think it really shows that however low some will stoop to win they will always find supporters . There's a couple of old caithness saying " fly with the crows shot with the crows" and "birds of a feather flock together".It's for folk to decide to which side best represents their views.I still don't understand, who's doing what to whom, and for what reason does it fit as grooming, and what has it to do with better together?

dozy
07-Sep-14, 15:48
Let's drop it "those who do ,don't see the effect of the doing they just revel in the reward " I'll close the thread.

Heisenberg
07-Sep-14, 17:10
Let's drop it "those who do ,don't see the effect of the doing they just revel in the reward " I'll close the thread.Close the thread if you wish, I would just like you to explain what you are 'on' about ?