PDA

View Full Version : Tory/UKIP coalition next up?

PantsMAN
28-Aug-14, 14:21
Given the fact that the first Tory has defected to UKIP, what are the chances that after the next election the coalition will feature UKIP?

There's one way to avoid this prospect........... OUI!

Heisenberg
28-Aug-14, 14:31
Given the fact that the first Tory has defected to UKIP, what are the chances that after the next election the coalition will feature UKIP?There's one way to avoid this prospect........... OUI! what in your opinion, is wrong with UKIP? Just asking out of interest, and I would hope that a coalition of any kind could be avoided, unless proportional representation were introduced, but I don't see that happening. You never know though. ...................NON

PantsMAN
28-Aug-14, 17:44
Well I don't want to send people to sleep but here's a couple of things which I find unpalatable-

Their stated aim of " getting our nation out of the European Union".
Their stated aim of "reasserting the sovereignty of Parliament."

By the way, a form of proportional representation has been in use for Scottish Parliamentary Elections since about 1999. It's highly unlikely that Westminster will ever embrace this system.

Rheghead
29-Aug-14, 01:06
Sorry to go back to my favorite subject of Climate change but UKIP have publically declared their scepticism on the science of climate change despite the overwhelming scientific evidence to support it.

The thing is, if they can deny climate change, what else are they capable of denying? Rights to abortion? Funding for stem cell research?