PDA

View Full Version : Utterly and Totally Fed Up

stekar
18-Mar-07, 18:19
Well, we have got the power back on after the horrendous storms last night. It went off about 3.00 am, back on reduced power between 11am and 2.30pm,where only the tv would work no fridge, washer, etc, and now we're back on full power.

The flipping pilot light has gone out on the lpg gas boiler, can't find a trip switch for it and it will not re-light. Why do things like this always happen when it freezing? Tried looking on the manufacuturer's website but not solved the problem.

So, need to get someone out to fix it. Think winning the lottery may be easier than that.

Because we live out in the country quite a few tradesmen that we have contact previously are not interested and a few don't even bother to return our call. This really bugs me.

So anyone know someone who would come and fix the boiler, preferably asap and will acutally be willing to come out into the wilds of the country...oops I mean the other side of Dunnet, and on the main road too.

HELPPPPPPPPP Please!

Think the signature says it all really!

The_man_from_del_monte
18-Mar-07, 19:14
I know where you're at man my flamin TV aerial revolved right round and is now pointing in the opposite direction to the transmitter and there is NO WAY I'm going up on a roof recovering from a hangover, I couldn't even see the floor this morning when I got out of bed so no way am I galavanting about on a roof :eek:

laguna2
18-Mar-07, 20:45
Try Derek Sutherland, Forss Engineering - I am sure they are in the phone book.

the second coming
18-Mar-07, 21:07
Well, we have got the power back on after the horrendous storms last night. It went off about 3.00 am, back on reduced power between 11am and 2.30pm,where only the tv would work no fridge, washer, etc, and now we're back on full power.

I'm curious to know what you mean by reduced power???? Was it 'on then off' or do you think someone turned down the tap that supplies electricity?

Cheeriebye