PDA

View Full Version : UDO World street dance succsess for rush.dance

RUSH.dance
26-Aug-14, 13:57
Rush.dance have just competed at the biggest street dancecompetition of the year. UDO (United dance organisation) have just held theWorld street dance championships in Glasgow at both SECC and CLYDE venues, withdancers from over 30 countries around the world from afar a field as Canada,Australia, Japan, America, Netherlands, Germany and many more, with 250 crewscompeting and over 6000 people attending. UDO have also announced it has beenthe biggest attendance of dancers yet to date with the competition running fromFriday morning to Sunday night. STV news channel covered the competition andshowed it on the STV Glasgow area, with our Rush girls training in thebackground.

The Rush.dance kids had qualified earlier in the year atScottish and Birmingham championships, this then put them on the platform tohave a chance at competing at the world championships. Rush.dance kids hadqualified to dance in Crew, Solo, Duo’s and Quads at the championships.

Results on over the weekend –

Crew - Fenix Rise qualified in the top 5 out of27 crews in there section on Friday to dance again at the Grand finals onSunday, but they just missed out the top 7 awards. This has only been therethird time competing as a crew together so to make the semi-finals at a worldchampionships is just fantastic.

Quads – U14 open section Kelsey Ross, Laya Cowie,Rhiannon Mackay and Chloe MacGregor made it to the Quarter final stage.

Solo’s – U8 Beginner World Championship Finalist KobySutherland 5th place.
OV16Inter World Championship Finalist Rebecca Miller 7th place.
U6Open, semi-finalist Hannah Cowie.
U10Novice, semi-finalist Chloe MacGregor.
U10Inter, semi-finalist laya Cowie.
U12Beginner, semi-finalist Beth MacKay.
U10Advanced, semi-finalist Tyler Hutton.

Duo’s – U8 Beginner Duo World Championship FinalistsKoby Sutherland / Hannah Cowie 7th place.
OVInter Duo World championship Finalists Rebecca Miller / Lauren Miller *Runnersup*
U10Inter Duo World Championship Finalists Chloe MacGregor / laya Cowie.
U10Beginner, semi-finalists Rhiannon Mackay / Tyler Hutton.
U14Beginner, semi-finalists Beth Mackay / Kelsey Ross.

Once again the Rush.dance kids have done us proud, (10dancers and we come home with 8 trophies) as a small dance school fromCaithness, just to qualify was massive but to go and have every kid make atleast a semi-final in each section at the world championships was fantastic. Asfor Rebecca (2), Lauren, Koby (2), Hannah, Laya, Chloe to come home with Worldchampionship trophies was outstanding, this has been the biggest challenge todate as a street dance teacher as this comp is the biggest around with only thevery best in each section getting to compete. We have definatly put Caithnesson the map, with lots of fab comments about how fantastic the Rush kids havedanced and the places they have won over the weekend.

As a dance school we improve every time we compete, we havea dedicated group of young talented kids all wanting to do their best whereever the competition may be, going forward we are looking to take it furtherand travel to more prestige’s comps around the UK.

We have also started a new term in Thurso and Wick with places for new kids, we also have spaces on our comp team tp compete against the best street dancers in the UK.

We are looking for tallented girls (age 9 - 14) with the drive to be trained up to be part of our award winning all girl Scottish champions *Fenix Rise* this is a fantstic opertunity for anyone wanting to achieve greatness through Rush.dance.

Bringin tha Attitude, Rush.dance!!

budgeJ
26-Aug-14, 15:19
Why no boys ?

*Martin*
26-Aug-14, 16:06
U10Advanced, semi-finalist Tyler Hutton.
I'll guess (confidently) Tyler is a boy.

At least read the post before trolling

Kevin Milkins
26-Aug-14, 16:52
It's good to see youngsters enjoying competition that requires something more physical than looking at a screen or phone. Well done to all concerned.

budgeJ
26-Aug-14, 17:29

And indeed here he is, with Jedward haircut....

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/News/Tyler-crowned-Euro-hip-hop-champion-02052013.htm

WORD!

rogermellie
26-Aug-14, 17:44
And indeed here he is, with Jedward haircut....

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/News/Tyler-crowned-Euro-hip-hop-champion-02052013.htm

WORD!

this lad has achieved more in his young life so far than you will ever do ... bitter ?

budgeJ
26-Aug-14, 17:48
this lad has achieved more in his young life so far than you will ever do ... bitter ?

Quite the contrary - I was initially dismayed that there didn't appear to be any male representation in this. I'm delighted that a boy is brave enough to do a Billy Elliot.

nicnak
26-Aug-14, 19:38
Well done Tyler and the rest of the group you did everyone especially yourselves proud!

wicker
26-Aug-14, 19:44
Quite the contrary - I was initially dismayed that there didn't appear to be any male representation in this. I'm delighted that a boy is brave enough to do a Billy Elliot.

He is not the only boy in the group if you have read previous articles on this dance group and its anything but billy Elliott and well done to these kids who practice and train very hard and can be proud of their achievements, well done again boys and girls

sids
26-Aug-14, 20:07
this lad has achieved more in his young life so far than you will ever do ...

He's done dancing, which is fine.

hilly2
28-Aug-14, 22:37
Before YOU (BudgeJ) criticise MY Grandson Tyler(who is a boy by the way and who I am VERY proud of) for the way he looks when he's dressed for partaking in his pastime which happens to be Rush.dance.(Which he enjoys immensely) This is not a Billy Elliot type of dancing. And if that is what he wanted to do Who are YOU to take the mickey out of a young schoolboy who is following his dream. It is street dance which is very energetic and takes a lot of training ,commitment and stamina from himself, his parents and his teacher. He has been all over the country winning trophies from near an afar. This comment on Caithness.Org has upset MY young grandson very much. Are you a mere child who is very jealous or an adult who IS. Rush.dance is a dance group of male and female children and do their very best and do not need to be criticised for what they love doing and are all b####y brilliant at it.
Grandma.Rush.

hilly2
28-Aug-14, 22:42
I would like to thank everyone else for their positive feedback and encouragement on this post.

budgeJ
28-Aug-14, 22:42
This is not a Billy Elliot type of dancing.

What's that meant to mean ? I think there is clearly something being read between the lines here, if I go by some other homophobic comments received. I was referring to the background to that story in that he seemed to be in the minority. The report on here appeared to be nothing but girls names and I found it disheartening that there didn't seem to be any males involved.

Kevin Milkins
28-Aug-14, 22:54
What's that meant to mean ? I think there is clearly something being read between the lines here, if I go by some other homophobic comments received. I was referring to the background to that story in that he seemed to be in the minority. The report on here appeared to be nothing but girls names and I found it disheartening that there didn't seem to be any males involved.

I think the general rule of thumb is, "when your in a hole, stop digging"

budgeJ
28-Aug-14, 22:55
I think the general rule of thumb is, "when your in a hole, stop digging"

It's not my spade that's the problem, it's the band of rednecks with the pitch forks.

Kevin Milkins
28-Aug-14, 23:46
Why are you pretending to be surprised that when you set out to deliberately annoy and wind people up they respond with dismay?

budgeJ
29-Aug-14, 06:22
Why are you pretending to be surprised that when you set out to deliberately annoy and wind people up they respond with dismay? I don't get what aspect you find so offensive. I wrote three words in response to a long long post - those word were 'Why no boys?' which I fail to see is unreasonable. Not being with the latest fads in naming bairns I didn't know that Tyler was a boy's name. And in any case, the end of the original post was asking for girls to join - I was just surprised that boys didn't seem to be involved in this given that this type of dancing (as opposed to that 'other' type of dancing which some people feel must not be spoken about) started out as a mostly male expression.

Heisenberg
29-Aug-14, 09:50
I don't get what aspect you find so offensive. I wrote three words in response to a long long post - those word were 'Why no boys?' which I fail to see is unreasonable. Not being with the latest fads in naming bairns I didn't know that Tyler was a boy's name. And in any case, the end of the original post was asking for girls to join - I was just surprised that boys didn't seem to be involved in this given that this type of dancing (as opposed to that 'other' type of dancing which some people feel must not be spoken about) started out as a mostly male expression. I have to agree with budgej here, I myself wondered why they were only asking for girls, I find nothing offensive in anything bj has said. Doing a "Billiy Elliot" is far from being offensive, he was a very talented individual, of whom his father became very proud. There is quite a strong brigade of pitch forkers on here who seem to need to make innocent posts seem offensive, just to give their forks an airing. And in particular to hilly2, I recently received an infraction for masking a swear word, (in a quote), I hope you enjoy your infraction point.

budgeJ
29-Aug-14, 10:02
I have to agree with budgej here, I myself wondered why they were only asking for girls, I find nothing offensive in anything bj has said. Doing a "Billiy Elliot" is far from being offensive, he was a very talented individual, of whom his father became very proud. There is quite a strong brigade of pitch forkers on here who seem to need to make innocent posts seem offensive, just to give their forks an airing. And in particular to hilly2, I recently received an infraction for masking a swear word, (in a quote), I hope you enjoy your infraction point.

Thank you - just when I thought all common sense had gone out the window.

I got an infraction for post number 7 in this thread.......what the heck is in there that resulted in that ?

Yet I've read other posts in other threads over the past few days that are full of sexual innuendo and hatred and seem to go with the blessing of the powers that be.

Heisenberg
29-Aug-14, 10:15
Thank you - just when I thought all common sense had gone out the window.I got an infraction for post number 7 in this thread.......what the heck is in there that resulted in that ? Yet I've read other posts in other threads over the past few days that are full of sexual innuendo and hatred and seem to go with the blessing of the powers that be. I find the the fact that you received an infracion for post #7, quite ridiculous, it seems admin have lost the plot and joined the 'lynch mob'.

Heisenberg
29-Aug-14, 10:32
Quite the contrary - I was initially dismayed that there didn't appear to be any male representation in this. I'm delighted that a boy is brave enough to do a Billy Elliot. I would like to know what is offensive enough in the above post to warrant infraction points being issued. Billy Elliot was an artist who had to swim against the current to pursue his dream, eventually, against the odds becoming one of the greatest male dancers in Britain. Billy was indeed a very brave and driven individual, I would be delighted if someone likened my grandson to him. To Admin, where is the offence here?

budgeJ
29-Aug-14, 10:42

I thought I'd better 'get with it' in terms of what parents are naming these kids these days so that I know what gender I'm dealing with.

Taking the original post, this throws up two ambiguities straight off.

First there is 'Kelsey'.....now I'm of an age to instantly associate that to be a male because of Kelsey Grammer who played TV's Frasier (and voiced Sideshow Bob in The Simpsons). But a quick Google on the name would suggest that statistically this Kelsey is more likely to be a girl.

Then there's 'Koby'......had to Google that one as I didn't have a clue.... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=koby

nicnak
29-Aug-14, 18:01
You know what really hacks me off ??? the fact that instead of praiseing the youngsters involved in Rush Dance for doing so brilliantly and inspiring other youngsters to get off their bums and gamestations this thread has turned into bitching, how do you honestly expect our youngsters of the area to grow up into decent human beings when this is the type of posts put on the forum!
Once again Well done to all the Rush Dancers you have done a terriffic job !

budgeJ
29-Aug-14, 18:05
...this thread has turned into bitching...

And unnecessarily so. Except that there are a few people who don't want to admit what they are thinking.

Heisenberg
29-Aug-14, 18:48
You know what really hacks me off ??? the fact that instead of praiseing the youngsters involved in Rush Dance for doing so brilliantly and inspiring other youngsters to get off their bums and gamestations this thread has turned into bitching, how do you honestly expect our youngsters of the area to grow up into decent human beings when this is the type of posts put on the forum! Once again Well done to all the Rush Dancers you have done a terriffic job !an open forum is a place for the community using the forum to express themselves, there are all types of users on this forum, with wide ranging opinions. I don't find someone asking a simple question "why no boys"? to be bitchy in the slightest. What I find annoying is the double standards of the admin of this forum, that can inflict infraction points for the likes of post #7 on this thread which is not the least offensive or in breach of forum rules.

mi16
29-Aug-14, 19:50
Judging by the reception #7 received, I would have thought trolling would have been the offence committed.

budgeJ
30-Aug-14, 15:49
What I find annoying is the double standards of the admin of this forum, that can inflict infraction points for the likes of post #7 on this thread which is not the least offensive or in breach of forum rules.

They're having another go with a different post.