PDA

View Full Version : Question for a plumber?

wings
17-Mar-07, 23:57
Or anyone else that uses this system......

We have installed a mains pressurised system. it's not up and running as yet as we are not totally plumbed in.. However i think we have possibly been misold the Cylinder.
Basically we will be running one bath and one pressure shower.
And our plumber has put in a 150 litre Santon Premier Plus.

Our pal has told us that his 210 litre cylinder.. hot to cold with his pressure shower takes about 20 mins.....

So i am dreadin what a 150 litre will do..
am thinkin a 10 minute shower maybe!!! and rushin in and out so you dont get frozen with cold water....

Or am i worryin to much? the website for this type of boiler does say it suits one shower or bath at a time but doesnt say how long on average it will take to empty...

Can anyone advise? Thank you !

The_man_from_del_monte
18-Mar-07, 00:45
Can anyone advise? Thank you !

Try a plumbing forum http://forum.plumbingpages.com/

badger
18-Mar-07, 18:02
Mine is 145 litres and is fine but I don't have it on full all the time I'm in there and probably wouldn't even spend 10 minutes, so certainly not 20. Showers used to be recommended as water and energy savers so power showers were criticised as wasteful but it all depends how you use them. I have it on full when I get in and before getting out but in between turn it down - otherwise you'd be rinsing away all the shampoo/gel before you've washed. I love mine - there's always plenty of hot water after and I couldn't bear to go back to an ordinary eletric shower with a feeble trickle. But as for 20 minutes - what a waste! Ridiculous these days.

You should be fine, don't worry about it. Enjoy :)

wings
18-Mar-07, 22:19
Mine is 145 litres and is fine but I don't have it on full all the time I'm in there and probably wouldn't even spend 10 minutes, so certainly not 20. Showers used to be recommended as water and energy savers so power showers were criticised as wasteful but it all depends how you use them. I have it on full when I get in and before getting out but in between turn it down - otherwise you'd be rinsing away all the shampoo/gel before you've washed. I love mine - there's always plenty of hot water after and I couldn't bear to go back to an ordinary eletric shower with a feeble trickle. But as for 20 minutes - what a waste! Ridiculous these days.

You should be fine, don't worry about it. Enjoy :)

thats fine then badger, thank you..
i was dreadin havin to stump out more money to go out and get a larger cylnder!!

ABC
18-Mar-07, 22:31
I have a 170lt cylinder ( mains pressure also) and we don't feel its big enough, it has run out of hot water within 20 minutes. We are going to be changing ours to a larger one.