PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Madness

mccaugm
17-Mar-07, 22:59
I actually watched the Eurovision UK wannabes...the two who were voted to sing again...kitsch version of Steps/Bucks Fizz...and a French lassie (*UK Entry*) who wants to be Celine Dion...arrrgghhh. I wanted Big Brovaz...they were brilliant..if I had to choose it would be "Scooch"...

changilass
17-Mar-07, 23:11
Wogan called the wrong name for the winner lol

When Justin got voted off he stomped off like a big kid lol

emszxr
17-Mar-07, 23:12
who voted that lot in, oh my they are bad, cheese comes to mind

ks
17-Mar-07, 23:14
They should have had Morrissey do it.

mccaugm
18-Mar-07, 00:05

I didn't want the lassie to win but that just seemed sooo cruel even if it wasn't intentional. Still cannot fathom why a french lassie was singing for the UK!

Jeemag_USA
18-Mar-07, 00:59

Terry Wogan is still on TV? Gawd I hate him, never liked him since the day he publicly humiliated David Icke on national TV, despite what people thought of Icke, Wogan embarassed himself that day.

I used to love Eurovision nights at the Park Hotel, we would have a sweepie and put bets on who would win, playingg darts in the public bar on Darts night and running through between games to see what was going on. Always good for a laugh is the Eurovision [lol]

_Ju_
18-Mar-07, 11:57
I didn't want the lassie to win but that just seemed sooo cruel even if it wasn't intentional. Still cannot fathom why a french lassie was singing for the UK!

It's been a long time ago, but didn't a guy called Logan sing for Ireland one year and then the UK another? And wasn't he born somewhere in the common wealth, but definately not the UK or northern Ireland? Celine Dion's relationship with France is limited to the fact that she speaks french, having been born and raised in Canada's french quater. Yet she did win eurovision for France at some time.

Maybe it should just be called song contest. Or ( in my opinion, that isn't humble at all), excruciatingly boring alternating with tone deaf artists(?) competition for the talentless that cannot face a real market-driven top ten table.

In Portugal, where I lived we only had one TV channel. Eurovision night was always a great time to catch up on sleep, wash hair or pull wisdom teeth.

marlyn
18-Mar-07, 16:09
Saddo that I am - Johnny Logan won the Eurovision twice, but was representing Ireland both times and he is definitely Irish. (used to love the Eurovision when I was in school) the second time he won it was probably about 20 years ago - now I am cringing I can't believe it is that long, sadly enough I could sing you a bit of it!! lol