PDA

View Full Version : Help with SKY+ HD box . . . ?

cherokee
18-Aug-14, 10:19
My SKY+ hd box isn't working.
I've tried all the "obvious" things, unplugging systems, running different programmes suggested in manual, etc.
Colin Chessor is fully booked up and SKY don't have any engineers in this area (Wick).

I really need someone to "physically" look at it as I'm at the end of my tether with it !

Kodiak
18-Aug-14, 10:27
I would suggest that you go to SKY Forum Page of Digital Spy :-

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Register on there and then make a post asking for help. Remember to state exactly what your problem is and the make of your Box, be it Samsung, Amstrad etc. The more information you can give them the greater chance there is that a member will have the correct information to help you.

mi16
18-Aug-14, 10:46
in what way is it not working?

Mr P Cannop
18-Aug-14, 11:19
what seems to be the probs ??

cherokee
18-Aug-14, 11:31
I've pm'd mi16 and Mr P Cannop with details. Haven't posted the full details on here as they are a bit vague and long-winded :eek: :eek: !!

squidge
18-Aug-14, 12:04
Ours stopped working last year. I phoned Sky to be told that they would send an engineer and it would cost £65. I told them I wasn't paying. We have a full package with Sky and they get enough off me. The guy said that was the cost so I told them I would just cancel my sky package.

He put me through to cancellations where I spoke to a lady who said they would - as a goodwill gesture - send out an engineer for just £30. I persisted in saying I was NOT paying so I would cancel my package thanks very much. She put be on hold and came back and said that he would come and it wouldn't cost me anything.

The engineer came - he was very nice and he replaced my box. After a few days something else went wrong but he had left his card and told me that I should phone him directly if there were any further problems so I did. He came back, fitted a new thingie on the satellite and everything has been fine since.

Remember - stick to your guns!

wicker
18-Aug-14, 13:36
I've had problems with sky box's before and normally end up having to do a reset on it (cant mind how to do that but google will bring it up) but in doing so you lose all your recordings

cherokee
18-Aug-14, 15:33
Thank you very much to everyone who has pm'd me and also posted helpful ideas on this thread.

My neighbour has just been around, had a look at it and . . . fixed it (though she has no idea how she managed it :eek:) :) :) !!!!