PDA

View Full Version : Sir Cliff Richard

Kevin Milkins
16-Aug-14, 21:29
I have never been a fan, but I think the way the old bill has handled this investigation is just not right. Regardless of the shouts of "no smoke without fire" It just seems wrong that an allegation like this can be allowed to go public before an arrest and charge can take place.:confused

Heisenberg
16-Aug-14, 21:47
I have never been a fan, but I think the way the old bill has handled this investigation is just not right. Regardless of the shouts of "no smoke without fire" It just seems wrong that an allegation like this can be allowed to go public before an arrest and charge can take place.:confused I have always thought that no names should be mentioned in any case until charges have been brought and arrests made. Especially in delicate cases of sexual abuse and rape, these kinds of stigma can be very difficult to shake off even after cases have been dismissed or the accused found not guilty. And I'm not a fan of Cliff either.

rich62_uk
16-Aug-14, 21:52
I also think no names should be mentioned for any crimes until investigations are over. As for abuse then I think they should increase the punishments as the ones they have now are insulting. IF he is guilty (and there have been rumours for years regarding him however they are only rumours) then throw the book at him. People like him and Max Clifford/Rolf Harris get sent to easy prisons serving silly time. They ruin lives and just because they have money and are well connected get off light !

Heisenberg
16-Aug-14, 21:58
I fully agree rich.

scorrie
16-Aug-14, 22:16
If they are investigating Cliff Richard it should be for crimes against music. I don't know anybody who is a fan but somebody must have bought those 250 million records he has sold.

Discretion and anonymity should apply until charges are actually made against a person under suspicion.

As for Cliff, I can't thole the man at all. His statement after Jill Dando was murdered, declaring that "I am SO angry with God" being typical of the self absorbed egotist and "Professional" Christian who certainly seems to be "Travelling Light" in terms of humility.

That said, he has the right to be kept from the front pages until there is a case to answer.

Kenn
16-Aug-14, 23:33
Have to agree that until such time as charges are brought these things should not be reported.

cherokee
16-Aug-14, 23:37
Completely agree with all the other posters and the original OP !
Personally I'm not a big fan of Sir Cliff Richard with regards to his music; then again I've never been a fan at all of The Beatles.

BUT, I think it's utterly disgusting the way in which the media can give so called "credence" to a "crime" which, not only hasn't been certified, but has brought public shame and humiliation upon a person before ANY of the "rumours/accusations (so called) can even be proven; never heed going to a court of law !!

And, yes, I will "shout" . . . . DESPICABLE !!!!!

Kevin Milkins
16-Aug-14, 23:40
At least up to now, no one owns up to enjoying his music, although I have to admit to skipping through an airport lounge or two singing, "we are all going on a summer holiday".

I wonder if there is any redress if it all turns out to be a load of porkies?

bagpuss
17-Aug-14, 00:37
Then again, if there is truth in the rumour mill, some open prisons are going to look more like care homes

rich62_uk
17-Aug-14, 12:16
Christmas panto should be good .....

mi16
17-Aug-14, 12:45
Christmas panto should be good .....

unless you play the part of a minor

jacko
17-Aug-14, 14:44
lol. i alway,s thought Cliff Richard looked like a pillow biter . :lol:

squidge
17-Aug-14, 14:48
At least up to now, no one owns up to enjoying his music, although I have to admit to skipping through an airport lounge or two singing, "we are all going on a summer holiday".I wonder if there is any redress if it all turns out to be a load of porkies?I really like "miss you nights" Kevin but that's the only one, honest, absolutely honest, cross my heart hope to die sort of honest

mi16
17-Aug-14, 15:38
I really like "miss you nights" Kevin but that's the only one, honest, absolutely honest, cross my heart hope to die sort of honest

he may well be missing his Knight hood, shortly

transit
18-Aug-14, 22:17
sex beast hang him

joxville
18-Aug-14, 22:54
So you've found him guilty before he's gone to court? I hope you never have to do jury service Transit. :-/

squidge
18-Aug-14, 22:58
It looks like there is to be an enquiry into the police actions. Rightly so I think. I don't think he hasn't even been charged with anything yet but it's all over the papers. That's a bit shocking

golach
18-Aug-14, 23:14
So you've found him guilty before he's gone to court? I hope you never have to do jury service Transit. :-/I am with you Joxville

theone
18-Aug-14, 23:24
As in many of these cases, it is trial by media before anything is known.

In this case I think it is particularly sad in that he is being branded a sex offender before he has even been investigated, let alone charged, and long before trial.

budgeJ
18-Aug-14, 23:59
lol. i alway,s thought Cliff Richard looked like a pillow biter . :lol:And what the hell is that piece of prejudice supposed to mean. And why is it funny ?

Kevin Milkins
19-Aug-14, 00:42
I just hope no one digs up some dirt (or make up a porky) on Daniel O'Donnell, it would break my mother in laws heart.

scorrie
19-Aug-14, 13:14
I just hope no one digs up some dirt (or make up a porky) on Daniel O'Donnell, it would break my mother in laws heart.

I am sure Daniel is as pure as the driven snow Kevin.

Mind you, he didn't get married until he was 40 according to Wikipedia.

I noticed a big mistake on the Wikipedia page for Daniel. If you look on the background information box at the top right of the page and check the entry for Genre, it quite clearly states EASY listening. ;) Perhaps someone can correct that.

jacko
19-Aug-14, 16:28
And what the hell is that piece of prejudice supposed to mean. And why is it funny ?That piece of prejudice is my personal thought s on the man. And where did I say it was funny..??I am entitled to my opinion ,,right ?? this is the second time you have dug something up on me. Seems to me you don't like me you don't know me and you care less how I feel. That's ok by me just don't make a crusade outta it

budgeJ
19-Aug-14, 17:01
That piece of prejudice is my personal thought s on the man.

So, as I thought, it's a homophobic prejudice - did you have a 'bad' experience as a child ?

And where did I say it was funny..??

You have some other definition for "LOL!" ?

jacko
19-Aug-14, 17:12
So, as I thought, it's a homophobic prejudice - did you have a 'bad' experience as a child ?

your trying to make crusade like i thought you would.

nope i had no bad child experiences ... but im thinking you had . do s it still hurt. .................

You have some other definition for "LOL!" ?

I just knew you,d make a crusade outta this. you just cant help yourself can you. And nope i did nt have any bad experiences as a child or an adult . like you obviously had . DO S IT STILL HURT THAT MUCH ..,

jacko
19-Aug-14, 17:21
your post prompted me to google stuff on harry webb aka cliff richard and this is what came up.

you.ll notice he liked to be called Kitty while in there.

The Mary Moss Elm Guest House VIP Paedophile Party List

Special Report by Cigpapers

mi16
19-Aug-14, 17:40
So, as I thought, it's a homophobic prejudice - did you have a 'bad' experience as a child? Are you suggesting Jacko was a victim of child abuse?You may be getting confused with the more well known Jacko who was a child abuser.

jacko
19-Aug-14, 18:08
Are you suggesting Jacko was a victim of child abuse?You may be getting confused with the more well known Jacko who was a child abuser.

jeez, can i change my name to jocko?? :eek:

Shaggy
19-Aug-14, 18:29
I gave up posting on here a while ago because it's plain to see there are a few crusaders on here who can't help themselves Jacko. It used to be a laugh on here at times and everyone was helpful but now you can't post anything or try to have a laugh without someone taking offence or the thread getting reported, picked to pieces or abused by twisting it to suit their own agenda thus making out the original poster to be the bad one. Just leave them to it Jacko, they'll soon have only themselves left to snipe at.

jacko
19-Aug-14, 18:45
I gave up posting on here a while ago because it's plain to see there are a few crusaders on here who can't help themselves Jacko. It used to be a laugh on here at times and everyone was helpful but now you can't post anything or try to have a laugh without someone taking offence or the thread getting reported, picked to pieces or abused by twisting it to suit their own agenda thus making out the original poster to be the bad one. Just leave them to it Jacko, they'll soon have only themselves left to snipe at.

thank you . your absolutely correct .

Heisenberg
19-Aug-14, 22:00
I gave up posting on here a while ago because it's plain to see there are a few crusaders on here who can't help themselves Jacko. It used to be a laugh on here at times and everyone was helpful but now you can't post anything or try to have a laugh without someone taking offence or the thread getting reported, picked to pieces or abused by twisting it to suit their own agenda thus making out the original poster to be the bad one. Just leave them to it Jacko, they'll soon have only themselves left to snipe at.as I have said before, change channel

Heisenberg
19-Aug-14, 22:13
As a child, I hated Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall AND his holiness Cliff Richard! Is it going to be a case of two out of three, or a hat trick?

jacko
20-Aug-14, 16:58
As a child, I hated Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall AND his holiness Cliff Richard! Is it going to be a case of two out of three, or a hat trick?

Can only say, thank Christ Jim never fixed it for me ....:lol:

2little2late
20-Aug-14, 17:03
I quite liked Jimmy Savile. He fixed it for me to milk a cow blind folded. [lol]

sids
20-Aug-14, 18:40
So you've found him guilty before he's gone to court? I hope you never have to do jury service Transit. :-/

If he has nothing to hide, why has he pulled out of Children in Need?

mi16
20-Aug-14, 19:36
If he has nothing to hide, why has he pulled out of Children in Need?That will be a first!!
He normally does the opposite

jacko
20-Aug-14, 20:03
That will be a first!!
He normally does the opposite

now that is funny.:lol:

Heisenberg
20-Aug-14, 20:14
As a child, I hated Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall AND his holiness Cliff Richard! Is it going to be a case of two out of three, or a hat trick? And Rolf Harris come to think of it.

jacko
20-Aug-14, 20:21
And Rolf Harris come to think of it.

well to be honest the man gave everyone a clear hint. remember , Tie me Kangaroo down & Two little boy,s. ????????????

Heisenberg
20-Aug-14, 20:35
well to be honest the man gave everyone a clear hint. remember , Tie me Kangaroo down & Two little boy,s. ???????????? Jake the peg with my extra leg takes on a whole new meaning now

scorrie
20-Aug-14, 22:20
Cliff suffers the innuendo that comes to every famous male person who isn't rabidly having sex with every female readily available to such pop stars.

Perhaps he IS a closet homosexual but that is his business, so long as the business is conducted consensually and at the appropriate age of legality.

I don't like his music, nor the way he comes across as an egotist who thinks God is there to cater to his personal sensibilities. It is as fake a notion of true Christianity as you could hope to witness. Add in the vanity of botox injections and you have the picture of a man who forgot that beauty is skin deep and that you can't enter heaven on the back of selling records and bumming yourself up (pun can be taken or left as disposition allows)

It is a question of whether your name should be pulled through the mud before a) We establish there actually is mud, and, b) The person was actually in contact with it

I don't think it comes down to Homophobia, I believe it is more a case of a general perception of deviation from the considered "normality" that we expect people to conform to.

It puzzles me that someone like Ulrika Jonsson, who had four children to four different men, and even managed to bed the fossil Sven Urine Erikson, is considered a more normal member of society, and if we were to suggest that she may be buried in a Y-shaped coffin there would probably be an outcry regarding feminism.

It's a funny old game as Jimmy Greaves might say.

Kevin Milkins
20-Aug-14, 22:51
A very well balanced post, scorrie. It is only since this story broke that I came to thinking, " who are the Cliff Richard fans that made and keep him famous" I don't know of anyone that would admit openly to being a fan.
As you have pointed out, it is only reasonable to assume his innocence of the allegations against him before being fed to the wolves.
I see his 1992 record "I still believe in you " is back in the charts as a result of his following supporting him.

joxville
20-Aug-14, 23:10
If he has nothing to hide, why has he pulled out of Children in Need?I'm not aware of that so my guess is he doesn't want to draw unfavourable attention to Children in Need. Regardless of that, it still doesn't excuse Transit finding him guilty before he's been arrested about any alleged offence, it's like going back to the Middle Ages and accusing someone of witchcraft without any proof. If he's subsequently arrested and found guilty of any offence then I hope he's locked up for a long time, however, until then, he's deemed innocent.

Phill
21-Aug-14, 00:55
It puzzles me that someone like Ulrika Jonsson, who had four children to four different men, and even managed to bed the fossil Sven Urine Erikson, is considered a more normal member of society, and if we were to suggest that she may be buried in a Y-shaped coffin there would probably be an outcry regarding feminism.

Eh!
What the actual?

Even as trolling goes, this doesn't make sense.

#patriarchalmuppet

gerry4
21-Aug-14, 13:41
Perhaps he IS a closet homosexual but that is his business, so long as the business is conducted consensually and at the appropriate age of legality......

It is a question of whether your name should be pulled through the mud before a) We establish there actually is mud, and, b) The person was actually in contact with it

I don't think it comes down to Homophobia, I believe it is more a case of a general perception of deviation from the considered "normality" that we expect people to conform to.

Scorrie, I think you are missing the point, it is not if he is homosexual or not. I could not give a dam about his sexuality. It is if he has had sex with children. I don't know for sure but an allegation has been made that he has & that needs to be investigated. All to often this has been covered up, just look at Saville.

So far as not making it known if someone is being investigated. Who should someone famous have different treatment to a nobody. look at how many people came forward in the Saville, Hall & Harris cases, once they had gained the courage to speak about it once they knew they were not the only ones.

Being abused as a child affects you for the rest of your life. Many children believe they will not be believed, especially if the person is 'famous' or 'powerful'. Those in the past have been ignored by the police etc and so don't speak up again but the pain is still there.

Every complaint of child abuse must be investigated for what it is. What ever pain that can be takeaway from those who have been abused must be taken away but the pain & hurt will never go away. It is a lifetime sentence for them.

Heisenberg
21-Aug-14, 21:22
Scorrie, I think you are missing the point, it is not if he is homosexual or not. I could not give a dam about his sexuality. It is if he has had sex with children. I don't know for sure but an allegation has been made that he has & that needs to be investigated. All to often this has been covered up, just look at Saville.So far as not making it known if someone is being investigated. Who should someone famous have different treatment to a nobody. look at how many people came forward in the Saville, Hall & Harris cases, once they had gained the courage to speak about it once they knew they were not the only ones.Being abused as a child affects you for the rest of your life. Many children believe they will not be believed, especially if the person is 'famous' or 'powerful'. Those in the past have been ignored by the police etc and so don't speak up again but the pain is still there.Every complaint of child abuse must be investigated for what it is. What ever pain that can be takeaway from those who have been abused must be taken away but the pain & hurt will never go away. It is a lifetime sentence for them.well said Gerry4

sids
21-Aug-14, 22:30
It puzzles me that someone like Ulrika Jonsson, who had four children to four different men, and even managed to bed the fossil Sven Urine Erikson, is considered a more normal member of society, and if we were to suggest that she may be buried in a Y-shaped coffin there would probably be an outcry

She sexually abused a small car on Vic & Bob's Shooting Stars tv show. What a cowbag!

joxville
21-Aug-14, 22:46
Was it a Ford KA-KA-KA? :-)

sids
21-Aug-14, 23:40
Was it a Ford KA-KA-KA? :-)

Don't think so.

http://youtu.be/aV_Cjy9TQP8

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/tritonthrasher/imagejpg1_zps85b17484.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/tritonthrasher/media/imagejpg1_zps85b17484.jpg.html)

mi16
22-Aug-14, 08:51
You would've though

scorrie
24-Aug-14, 13:30
Scorrie, I think you are missing the point, it is not if he is homosexual or not. I could not give a dam about his sexuality. It is if he has had sex with children. I don't know for sure but an allegation has been made that he has & that needs to be investigated. All to often this has been covered up, just look at Saville.

So far as not making it known if someone is being investigated. Who should someone famous have different treatment to a nobody. look at how many people came forward in the Saville, Hall & Harris cases, once they had gained the courage to speak about it once they knew they were not the only ones.

Being abused as a child affects you for the rest of your life. Many children believe they will not be believed, especially if the person is 'famous' or 'powerful'. Those in the past have been ignored by the police etc and so don't speak up again but the pain is still there.

Every complaint of child abuse must be investigated for what it is. What ever pain that can be takeaway from those who have been abused must be taken away but the pain & hurt will never go away. It is a lifetime sentence for them.

How can I be missing the point? I have addressed the main point in my reply, as well as the speculation regarding Cliff's sexuality.

You stated "It is if he has had sex with children", the key word there is IF.

Why should someone's house be raided based on an accusation? Surely the person should be interviewed first and have the chance to defend themselves? Is it right that Police should tip off the BBC that they are going to break into a celebrity's house?

I am not asking for famous people to get special treatment from the law. I am asking that they get the same respect any human being would get regarding being presumed innocent until guilt is proven beyond reasonable doubt.

I would imagine that the percentage of children molested by famous people, as opposed to those molested by members of their own family, or strangers without any iota of celebrity, is a very tiny number and the fear that children have in speaking up is going to apply to almost every situation of abuse and not just where the perpetrator is well known to the public.

The people who disgust me are those who would not speak up against Jimmy Savile, for example, because it would have hurt their careers to have done so. I think that is a pathetic excuse for tolerated what were clearly vile acts against minors and Paul Gambaccini put forward that very reason for not blowing the whistle on Jimmy Saville. However, he went on to be arrested himself as part of Operation Yewtree, so maybe time will tell he had another agenda.

The problem with celebrities in the spotlight is the issue of how many of the people who then come forward are genuine victims who have gained confidence to speak out and how many are hoping to make a few quid out of it?

Remember, William Roache was put through the mill and found not guilty on all charges. As he said, there were no "winners" the day he was cleared.

scorrie
24-Aug-14, 13:32
Eh!
What the actual?

Even as trolling goes, this doesn't make sense.

#patriarchalmuppet

And your point is?

Phill
24-Aug-14, 18:50
Point is, what I said the first time.
A rambly nonsensical ranty that doesn't make sense.

scorrie
25-Aug-14, 05:13
Point is, what I said the first time.
A rambly nonsensical ranty that doesn't make sense.

Well if you can't be arsed explaining it then that's fine. Everybody else seemed to know what I was getting at.

What gives you the right to suggest I was trolling though?

I think that judgement is for moderators and/or owners of the site to make. Did you report the post? If not then you should have, instead of putting some half-assed critique in reply. I didn't ask for your tuppence worth, which would actually have failed to meet the trade's description's act in value for money in this case anyway.

I don't know what your agenda is here Phill and I don't see you going round this form pointing out things that you consider to make no sense, things that you consider to be a rant or things that you consider to be trolling. If you were to do so you would probably be fairly busy and I am pretty sure you would come across stronger examples than those you accuse me of.

I wonder if you realise how pompous and judgemental you sound barging in with nothing to say about the actual thread and acting like both a moral and qualitative guardian of the forum. It might be best to appraise your own work here before climbing into your ivory tower to pass judgement. I mean your statement a "nonsensical ranty that doesn't make sense"?

Perhaps you might give us an example of a nonsensical ranty that DOES make sense?

I am a veteran of this forum, although hardly visiting in recent years. I have had a few nice comments since coming back but along you come making me feel about as welcome as a jobbie in a jacuzzi.

I get the vibes that you are not keen on either me or my style but you should really stick to what you do best and keep the gentle jokes coming along, not forgetting to brush the dust off them first of course. ;)

Phill
25-Aug-14, 11:57
What gives you the right to suggest I was trolling though?
This...

and if we were to suggest that she may be buried in a Y-shaped coffin there would probably be an outcry regarding feminism.
The nonsensical and patriarchal bit is how you insinuate it is fine for a bloke to do what he wants to sexually but not for a woman.

Judgemental! Moi?

I have had a few nice comments since coming back but along you come making me feel about as welcome as a jobbie in a jacuzzi.
I get the vibes that you are not keen on either me or my style

I don't have a problem with you or your style, I do apologise if my comments make you feel unwelcome, truly I do.

As for me having an opinion, tough.

scorrie
25-Aug-14, 16:49
This...

The nonsensical and patriarchal bit is how you insinuate it is fine for a bloke to do what he wants to sexually but not for a woman.

Judgemental! Moi?

I don't have a problem with you or your style, I do apologise if my comments make you feel unwelcome, truly I do.

As for me having an opinion, tough.

You have completely the wrong end of the stick Phill. I was not comparing men and women.

I was comparing someone who has a questionable sexual orientation, and who was supposedly celibate for long periods of his life, with a woman who has chosen a life where numerous candidates have been seen to fit the the role of fathering her children.

It is coincidental that a woman was chosen in this case for comparison, there are many men who would have fitted the bill as well but it is somehow more surprising for me to see a woman with little regard for her self image and it seemed a good polar opposite to me when Ulrika's name popped into my head.

The point I was trying to make was that if Cliff Richard were seen with a different woman on his arm every other week there wouldn't be the accusation that he was gay and with that the belief that somehow homosexuals are more open to corruption than we good old hetero boys and gals.

I didn't see you taking any issue with the suggestion that Cliff Richard had his gnashers round the old latex Slumberland, whilst someone came from out of the shadows to play a game of hide the Frankfurter, so it's a bit harsh to single me out for the muppet moniker.

You are 100% entitled to your opinion but name calling belongs elsewhere in my opinion, particularly when it is towards people you know little or nothing about. You wouldn't say that to my face in person, so why do so here?

budgeJ
25-Aug-14, 17:23
I was comparing someone who has a questionable sexual orientation....I didn't see you taking any issue with the suggestion that Cliff Richard had his gnashers round the old latex Slumberland, whilst someone came from out of the shadows to play a game of hide the Frankfurter, so it's a bit harsh to single me out for the muppet moniker.

Here comes another homophobe who clearly feels threatened by the prospect that some people might have some different sexual orientation to themselves (assuming they themselves have any sexual orientation at all).

Phill
25-Aug-14, 17:29
"Accusation" As if its a crime to be gay.
I don't have an issue at the suggestion he may be gay as 1, I don't know either way and I can't recall if he has stated whether he is or not. 2, it doesn't bother me if he or anyone else is gay.
Why do you believe homosexuals are more open to corruption, seems quite a backward view.

Hmm... 'good old hetero' does this mean 'homo' is bad?
'latex slumberland' why would someone want to eat a bed? :confused
'Hide the Frankefurter' Did the Shadows record that? I don't think I've heard it, was it in the Rocky Horror Show?

And why would Ulrika need to be buried in a Y shaped coffin? :confused

scorrie
25-Aug-14, 18:03
"Accusation" As if its a crime to be gay.
I don't have an issue at the suggestion he may be gay as 1, I don't know either way and I can't recall if he has stated whether he is or not. 2, it doesn't bother me if he or anyone else is gay.
Why do you believe homosexuals are more open to corruption, seems quite a backward view.

Hmm... 'good old hetero' does this mean 'homo' is bad?
'latex slumberland' why would someone want to eat a bed? :confused
'Hide the Frankefurter' Did the Shadows record that? I don't think I've heard it, was it in the Rocky Horror Show?

And why would Ulrika need to be buried in a Y shaped coffin? :confused

We'll leave it there Phill, there is enough to put up with with my pish without you resorting to it too in a vain attempt at humour.

scorrie
25-Aug-14, 18:12
Here comes another homophobe who clearly feels threatened by the prospect that some people might have some different sexual orientation to themselves (assuming they themselves have any sexual orientation at all).

I am busy defending Cliff Richard here, not condemning him. It is clear to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that I am referencing the public perception and the innuendo regarding his orientation.

I am married with 2 kids and have a few friends who are gay, both male and female.

You haven't put many posts on this site yet and I suspect you are going to find life hard here if you stick to following people around from a disagreement on another thread trying to make accusations when you clearly haven't picked up the gist of the argument correctly.

"Sing if you're glad to be gay"

Heisenberg
25-Aug-14, 18:19
"Accusation" As if its a crime to be gay. I don't have an issue at the suggestion he may be gay as 1, I don't know either way and I can't recall if he has stated whether he is or not. 2, it doesn't bother me if he or anyone else is gay. Why do you believe homosexuals are more open to corruption, seems quite a backward view.Hmm... 'good old hetero' does this mean 'homo' is bad?'latex slumberland' why would someone want to eat a bed? :confused'Hide the Frankefurter' Did the Shadows record that? I don't think I've heard it, was it in the Rocky Horror Show?And why would Ulrika need to be buried in a Y shaped coffin? :confused As scorrie has you sitting in your ivory tower, you could pop your head out of the high window and ask him these questions as he rides past on his 'high horse'. I hope you get to read this post before niall removes it as he seems to delete my posts at will.

Phill
25-Aug-14, 18:38
We'll leave it there Phill, there is enough to put up with with my pish without you resorting to it too in a vain attempt at humour.
No humour.

I am curious as to what you mean with "gnashers round the old latex Slumberland" and "came from out of the shadows to play a game of hide the Frankfurter"?
And the reference to Y shaped coffins.

scorrie
25-Aug-14, 19:47
As scorrie has you sitting in your ivory tower, you could pop your head out of the high window and ask him these questions as he rides past on his 'high horse'. I hope you get to read this post before niall removes it as he seems to delete my posts at will.

My horse only reaches the basement window of Phill's tower.

If you keep your posts civil you shouldn't really have any problem with them getting deleted by the Admin.

Anyone is free to search this forum and find where I have strongly defended the human right to choose the sexual orientation they desire. All this homophobe nonsense and faux confusion is just a load of old welly and it reminds me of how much better a place this used to be to have a mannerly conversation with people who took the time to learn your overall profile and get a better idea of what type of person you were.

It's far removed to see folk with a handful of posts making judgements and passing totally unwarranted comments.

If you keep your nose clean I am sure you will be fine on here. The management tend not to tolerate those who try to push the envelope.

I'll leave you good people to your opinions, I've got a rather busy life to be getting on with.

Best wishes to Joxville, Squidge, Kevin Milkins and Lizz for the reminders of when there was civility, less bickering and a whole lot more posting going on.

budgeJ
25-Aug-14, 19:55
I'll leave you good people to your opinions, I've got a rather busy life to be getting on with.

Bye then, and take your gutter innuendo with you...

...Cliff Richard had his gnashers round the old latex Slumberland, whilst someone came from out of the shadows to play a game of hide the Frankfurter...

Heisenberg
25-Aug-14, 20:16
Bye then, and take your gutter innuendo with you...I agree totally, I do try to keep civil but it is difficult when the moderators pull me up for masking a swear word (ie; not writing it openly) and impose infractions upon me, yet allow the likes of scorrie to post filthy innuendos of this kind against homosexuality.

Heisenberg
25-Aug-14, 20:25
I am busy defending Cliff Richard here, not condemning him. It is clear to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that I am referencing the public perception and the innuendo regarding his orientation.I am married with 2 kids and have a few friends who are gay, both male and female. You haven't put many posts on this site yet and I suspect you are going to find life hard here if you stick to following people around from a disagreement on another thread trying to make accusations when you clearly haven't picked up the gist of the argument correctly."Sing if you're glad to be gay" I'm singing here boss.

Phill
25-Aug-14, 21:02
Dunno where the lack of civility is! Am I really bickering 'cos I wanna know about gnashing beds n' mattresses?

Guess I'll never know.

Anyway. I reckon Cliff is guilty (when they charge him).
As for the media coverage, its an awkward one.
On one hand I do think that until things are in court the media should not report anything, once in court only factual stories should be published about the court case not sensationalised rumour & unsubstantiated allegations.

But, putting these issues in the public domain and the fact that 'victims' are being listened too & taken seriously might help others that have and are suffering abuse. As we've seen, it also brings forward other victims of the abusers that may not otherwise have spoken out. Or have in the past only to be rebuked.

In this particular case, the fact that the media were notified before the raid and were ready and waiting does stink. They were going to turn his place over with a surprise visit, nobody needed be informed beforehand. End of.

scorrie
23-Jun-16, 16:42
Cliff has been cleared and will face no charges.

The trolls can move along to someone else.

Oh, looks like most have had to move on anyway.

Rheghead
23-Jun-16, 19:40
<In my best Patrick Stewart impression> Sir Cliff is innocent!!

Kevin Milkins
23-Jun-16, 22:05
Interesting to read through an old thread and see how it all panned out. A few banned along the way, but "allegedly" sir Cliff is not guilty as suspected, ( I chose my words carefully)

tonkatojo
23-Jun-16, 22:16
Interesting to read through an old thread and see how it all panned out. A few banned along the way, but "allegedly" sir Cliff is not guilty as suspected, ( I chose my words carefully)

It is sad that the UK police cannot use language to actually say he is innocent instead of innuendos of insufficient evidence, or is it just a case of leave it open to whatever and damn him anyway and they have served justice that way.

Kevin Milkins
23-Jun-16, 22:19
Yep, fair enough.

Phill
09-Aug-16, 23:40

But he's still got some criminal records!

Boom tish.

(I'll get me coat)

DSTOTM
10-Aug-16, 21:17
You are Questioning the kosherness of SIR "Cliff" Richard? I think you have mistaken "Sir Cliff" with this bad boy ;)

Keith Richards:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/pinkfloyd2007_bucket/07-08-16/la-et-mn-keith-richards-movie-crosseyed-heart-album-20150917_zpsczfp1iq5.jpg~original (http://s157.photobucket.com/user/pinkfloyd2007_bucket/media/07-08-16/la-et-mn-keith-richards-movie-crosseyed-heart-album-20150917_zpsczfp1iq5.jpg.html)

DSTOTM
10-Aug-16, 21:24
ARREST HIM! He's the true deviant!

DSTOTM
10-Aug-16, 21:26
His guitar solos were pure grooming ;)

DSTOTM
10-Aug-16, 21:34
<In my best Patrick Stewart impression> Sir Cliff is innocent!!

Innocent with regard to females but well versed in a length of sausage some say........................

DSTOTM
10-Aug-16, 21:40
His brother, Keith, was quite handy with a guitar (some say)............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZUp1gUQLyg

tonkatojo
10-Aug-16, 23:00
You are Questioning the kosherness of SIR "Cliff" Richard? I think you have mistaken "Sir Cliff" with this bad boy ;)

Keith Richards:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/pinkfloyd2007_bucket/07-08-16/la-et-mn-keith-richards-movie-crosseyed-heart-album-20150917_zpsczfp1iq5.jpg~original (http://s157.photobucket.com/user/pinkfloyd2007_bucket/media/07-08-16/la-et-mn-keith-richards-movie-crosseyed-heart-album-20150917_zpsczfp1iq5.jpg.html)

"bad boy" here's me thinking it was Wendy, my eyes are not so good these days.