PDA

View Full Version : 2 types of luck?

gleeber
17-Mar-07, 18:19
I was on my way home from Inverness yesterday evening and my car left the road went through a dry stone dyke, did a few somersaults down a steep embankment and came to rest about 30 metres from the road. I was uninjured apart from some serious bruising from my seatbelt.
Someone who was behind me said somebody must have been looking after me. If that was the case why did they allow the accident to happen at all?
Or even why save me and allow 1 African child to die every few minutes every single day?
This thread is not about gaurdian angels because I know they dont exist. It's about luck.
How many have diced with death. What one person will survive could easily kill the next.
Lifes a lottery?

johno
17-Mar-07, 18:25
I was on my way home from Inverness yesterday evening and my car left the road went through a dry stone dyke, did a few somersaults down a steep embankment and came to rest about 30 metres from the road. I was uninjured apart from some serious bruising from my seatbelt.
Someone who was behind me said somebody must have been looking after me. If that was the case why did they allow the accident to happen at all?
Or even why save me and allow 1 African child to die every few minutes every single day?
This thread is not about gaurdian angels because I know they dont exist. It's about luck.
How many have diced with death. What one person will survive could easily kill the next.
Lifes a lottery?

have to agree with you there gleeber, you were damn lucky from the sound of it. guess your car has all the airbags and such. luck is that you can get another car ,no problem. you wont get another life. glad that your all right.
may you always be LUCKY.

Gleber2
17-Mar-07, 18:27
Two warnings and still no sense! Ah weel!
How can you catagorically state that you know that gaurdian angels don't exist. By your own standards, can you prove that they don't?
I am not stating that they do because I have no proof either way.

gleeber
17-Mar-07, 18:29
Two warnings and still no sense! Ah weel!
Lol Lol
5 actually

Geo
17-Mar-07, 19:50
Glad you are ok and hope the bruises heal quickly.

sweetpea
17-Mar-07, 20:13
I don't know if guardian angels exist or not but I like to think they do, having had a serious accident myself I did feel as if something was there to save me.

danc1ngwitch
17-Mar-07, 20:22
First of all, i am glad to hear that you are ok. A material object can be replaced, a life well thats another thing.
As for something looking after you, well you got bruising. ( thats all )
Hope you recover from your accident, it shakes you bad.

highlander
17-Mar-07, 21:02
Hey TIGER..........pudy-tats only have 9 lives LOL gawd what are you like!!!
but glad you are ok gleeber

pat
17-Mar-07, 21:11
What were you thinking about as you went off the road, through everything until you finally stopped?
Just try to recall - who did you ask for help, I am sure you did (your mum, your wife, your god, your devil, your best friend, your guardian angel, ambulance, police or fire services)
Been in that situation, so much goes through your mind but most people will admit asking for help in times of being out of control in a situation like yours.
Go on do tell us who you asked for help.

sweetpea
17-Mar-07, 21:12
What were you thinking about as you went off the road, through everything until you finally stopped?
Just try to recall - who did you ask for help, I am sure you did (your mum, your wife, your god, your devil, your best friend, your guardian angel, ambulance, police or fire services)
Been in that situation, so much goes through your mind but most people will admit asking for help in times of being out of control in a situation like yours.
I did ask for help but it seemed as if I was asking in my head but probably screaming out really, can't remember.

cuddlepop
17-Mar-07, 21:44
On the way back from Glasgow at the Bunloyne junction we hit a patch of black ice , the teacher couldn't stop the car from crossing the mainroad(
three kids including my own were in the back.)We went straight across the main road and headed for the bankment.
Luckily nothing was coming in either direction.We were all unhurt but badly shaken.It took only a few minutes for another car to pass and a kind gentleman took us in his car to the Clunnie Inn.The headteacher was travelling ahead of us and came back.Car was aright off.
Eventually we got home but its taken years for my daughter to eat a packet of maltesers as that 's what she was eating at the time of the crash.She's still edgey at this junction.
Somehow I knew we'd be ok.
Glad your ok too Gleber:D

cuddlepop
17-Mar-07, 21:48
When I need some extra help I ask my dad he passed away in 79 and has been there more times that i care to remember.:)
Check above post.

golach
17-Mar-07, 23:00
Glad to hear your ok Gleeber

Penelope Pitstop
19-Mar-07, 00:20
Lifes a lottery?

Glad to hear your OK.

I remember once moaning to someone about having bad luck and they told me if I didn't have bad luck then I would have NO luck!!!!!! lol

Elenna
19-Mar-07, 01:43
Wow, Gleeber, I'm glad you're ok!

I would say there is some purpose in your escape relatively unscathed...it just wasn't your time. I hope you get over the shock and the bruising quickly.

Moira
19-Mar-07, 02:35
" 2 types of luck? "

Yes - I believe there are - either your luck is in or it is out. On this occasion, I'm glad to see yours was in Gleeber :)

sassylass
19-Mar-07, 02:52
Hey gleeber, I'm glad that butterfly in Australia flapped his wings when he did and you escaped harm.

poppett
19-Mar-07, 09:50
Glad you are ok.

My grannie used to call our time on earth "God`s raffle" as when your number is pulled, no matter what you are doing at the time, then off you go.

I like the idea of a guardian angel, and have been given two as gifts during difficult times in the past. Things worked out ok, so maybe there is something to it after all

Ricco
19-Mar-07, 10:36
Glad you are OK; shame about the car. Personally, I do believe that someone watches over us, as I have commented on before. Another incident happened oon the cliffs at Clett Rock. Idiot me was climbing down (as you do when you are young and impetuous) and on the way back up I lost my grip and fell backwards. Fortunately I was in a cleft at the time and my back hit the cleft behind me (I wasn't really aware that it was there) and my feet maintained their foothold.

ŠAmethyst
19-Mar-07, 11:38
Glad you're okay, Gleeber. If this wind carries on, will not like to get on a coach and go back to 'Ness on Thursday. Here's hoping luck is in our courts if the weather continues to be bad... or if it gets worse or what have you.

Now, as for luck, yes. I believe in luck to varying levels. Angels, I'm undecided on that one - you'd have though I'd have made up my mind after living for 5 years with my reverend relative! lol

I don't believe that a black cat crossing your path will bring or take luck away. I just think that either things go right for you, or they don't.

Again, I'm glad that you're okay, dude! (And Arnica cream works wonders for helping bruises heal)

Whitewater
19-Mar-07, 11:44
Hi gleeber, glad you are OK. Saw your car in the field next morning on my way down to Inverness. You were very lucky. I don't know who or what is responsible for our 'Luck'. I remember a few years ago now, my son had just arrived home from college for the weekend and asked to borrow the car to go and see his girlfriend ,who lived in Halkirk at the time. About a half hour later I got a phone call from him saying he had ''written off'' the car. I had to borrow a car from one of our friends and go out. He had gone through a wall, dropped into a field, turned over several times and walked out of it, the only unbrocken piece if glass was the sun roof. I didn't say anything, just too glad to see he was OK. I don't know where his ''luck'' came from, but he was most certainly protected that night. Once things settled down I had to admit to him that he had done me a favour, it was a horrible car (Renault 21) could never keep it in tune, had more call outs to the AA than I have with all other vehicles put together.

It is very strange what some people survive, just look at that person a week or two ago who fell out of the sky and was able to walk away from it. The next poor sod falls from the 2nd step of a ladder and kills him/herself.

Maybe 'poppetts' grannie is right with 'Gods Raffle'. Who knows??

htwood
20-Mar-07, 21:43
Hi Gleeber, life is indeed a lottery. How lucky were you to be born in such beautiful place on earth? The roll of the dice, man.

The African child often dies from starvation related diseases and has never been in a car. So how lucky is the average Scot to be well fed and hurtling down the road in a vehicle (with heater), going home to a comfortable house with food in the cupboard.

Glad you are only bruised, and may crash 5 be your last. I've many friends, but none to spare.

PS I do like sassylass's idea tho LOL