PDA

View Full Version : Oil

piratelassie
15-Aug-14, 00:40
Now that there has been conformation of a massive oil find west of Scotland lets NOT let Westminster pull the wool over our eyes this time, like they did in the 1970s. The future of oil production around Scotland's shoreline is looking very healthy indeed.

golach
15-Aug-14, 08:35
Now that there has been conformation of a massive oil find west of Scotland lets NOT let Westminster pull the wool over our eyes this time, like they did in the 1970s. The future of oil production around Scotland's shoreline is looking very healthy indeed.

If its your oil, then its our pound, you cannot have both.

Big Gaz
15-Aug-14, 08:51
Let's not start yet another thread on the same boring subject when there is already one in full swing......

2little2late
15-Aug-14, 17:52
Let's not start yet another thread on the same boring subject when there is already one in full swing......

Well said. Let's keep to the subject.

Rheghead
15-Aug-14, 18:38
Operation Damage limitation! :lol:

nicnak
15-Aug-14, 19:14
for goodness sake is it within 3 miles of the scottish coastline? if so it belongs to scotland if not it is in international waters! what difference does it makereally whether it is in scotland or not? Where do you think most of scotlands income comes from?????? It comes from the UK as a whole wake up smell the roses and pull your head out of your ass! United we stand an all that!

Big Gaz
15-Aug-14, 22:41
It's actually 12 miles......:cool:

Rheghead
15-Aug-14, 23:13
Looks like it extends further than 3 or 12 miles or further than most think.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/63654000/gif/_63654786_oilmap.gif

piratelassie
16-Aug-14, 00:47
Just don't let Westminster con us again. Vote yes.

jacko
17-Aug-14, 09:11
If its your oil, then its our pound, you cannot have both.In my wallet there's Scottish fiver,s & twenty,s Last time I was in England I had a job spending them .very few places would accept them.seems to me england never wanted to share the pound with us anyway.

golach
17-Aug-14, 09:39
In my wallet there's Scottish fiver,s & twenty,s Last time I was in England I had a job spending them .very few places would accept them.seems to me england never wanted to share the pound with us anyway.

Have travelled to many places in England myself and only once did I have any problem, that was in London, go to Blackpool and they will glady take your twenty pound note and give you back change in Northern irish notes [lol]

tonkatojo
17-Aug-14, 09:43
In my wallet there's Scottish fiver,s & twenty,s Last time I was in England I had a job spending them .very few places would accept them.seems to me england never wanted to share the pound with us anyway.

I don't get what the fuss is about with the £, as you pointed out Scotland has its own £ notes but not the coins, why not mint Scottish coins and back up the currency with a Scottish central bank as the English pound is backed up by the Bank of England. Sorted. Or am I missing something ?.