PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear Dump for Caithness ??? yesterdays Groat

peter macdonald
17-Mar-07, 10:56
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/1804/Dump-site_process_'needn't_be_thwarted_by_council'.html

"He was unhappy too at the benefits paid to a host community being described as a "bribe". The package, he said, reflected the community's role in serving the national interest"

I like the national interest bit

Oh well lets hope its left to the folks up here to decide if ths is to be a goer
PM

KittyMay
17-Mar-07, 15:05
The people of Caithness have already made it quite clear that they are not interested in a national nuclear dump.

So what's changed? Why does Cllr Flear feel that 'it's a debate we need to have so the issue does not pass us by'.

Cllr Macdonald states that though Highland Council and the SE are against national nuclear dumps there could be a case made to change these policies. He makes a comparison with HC's remit to deal with it's own domestic waste when most of it is sent to Peterhead - apparently?

I don't remember there being a referendum on dealing with domestic waste.

There was a referendum on nuclear waste and the people of Caithness were very clear - no thank you to a national nuclear dump.

The councillors seem to have forgotten they represent the people.

The_man_from_del_monte
17-Mar-07, 15:10
Tesco, Asda, nuclear dumps, wind farms, MacDonalds, KFC, housing developments..... this is what they call "progress" All we need now is a 6 lane motorway, road tolls, speed cameras and this place will be really "with it"

Cattach
17-Mar-07, 20:36
Tesco, Asda, nuclear dumps, wind farms, MacDonalds, KFC, housing developments..... this is what they call "progress" All we need now is a 6 lane motorway, road tolls, speed cameras and this place will be really "with it"

You really have got a hang up about supermarkets and yet I guess you live in an area that benefits you from them. Typical leave the county and then hope the peasants will stay in the dark ages.

The_man_from_del_monte
17-Mar-07, 21:14
You really have got a hang up about supermarkets and yet I guess you live in an area that benefits you from them. Typical leave the county and then hope the peasants will stay in the dark ages.

Whatcha talkin' 'bout man? I live in the "county" and love it cause it's free from all these horrible "sheds" that have invaded the rest of the UK. I'm not against supermarkets, I'm against LOTS of supermarkets.

Semiazas
17-Mar-07, 21:28
How about a Nuclear Supermarket?

I can see the headlines now...

"Tesco Wick goes supernova. Town destroyed. Nobody really bothered."

;)

'tis a joke all you sensitive Wickers...