PDA

View Full Version : Help please if you can??

KILTIECAULDBUM
08-Aug-14, 19:09
I'm getting my domestic oil tank moved this weekend and although I've been letting the oil level run down, it's still too heavy to move! What I'm looking for is some large canisters/containers/drums etc. that would be suitable to store some of the oil in for a couple of hours until the tank's been moved? I have a large drum myself but just discovered it won't do, so that's why I'm in a bit of a pickle!!

I will gladly uplift and bring back anything you have that would do the job (as long as it fits in my car lol) as we're hoping to get it all done on Sunday, weather permitting?

Please PM me if you think you or someone you know can be of help?

Wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm sure it will be moved if it's in the wrong place!!

Thanks if you can help :D

Kcb.

orkneycadian
08-Aug-14, 22:20
What folk over this side of the water do is get the oil supplier to come and sook the oil out of the tank, standby whilst you move/replace it, then pump it back in again, along with a top up to the brim.

A lot less farting around than trying to drain it into containers.....

KILTIECAULDBUM
09-Aug-14, 11:29
What folk over this side of the water do is get the oil supplier to come and sook the oil out of the tank, standby whilst you move/replace it, then pump it back in again, along with a top up to the brim.

Wish I had known about that, sure would have saved a lot of hassle.

With that in mind, I'm still looking for suitable containers if you have any please?