PDA

View Full Version : Dunbar Dentist-Superb!

david
07-Aug-14, 22:04
Missed the dentist out of fear for 20 years. Finally had to go to have 2 molars out. South African dentist amazing-no lecture. Just did the job, small amount of pain hours after but an amazing guy-back in the day the dentists was always a painful experience. No fear now which should help my teeth. Thankyou SA!

WhiteSettler
07-Aug-14, 22:10
Lucky you avoided that Greek butcher.

david
07-Aug-14, 22:12
Sorry to hear that-what happened?

WhiteSettler
07-Aug-14, 23:07
Sorry to hear that-what happened?

Totally unprofessional "20 minutes for a root canal" appointment and he did it in 15 minutes! A correct root canal procedure will take WEEKS! Absolute comedians who are getting away with murdering your teeth for a quick buck.

Scunner
08-Aug-14, 02:31
Totally unprofessional "20 minutes for a root canal" appointment and he did it in 15 minutes! A correct root canal procedure will take WEEKS! Absolute comedians who are getting away with murdering your teeth for a quick buck.

Have to agree with you - 10 minutes for 2 fillings , which I didn't need. Usual dentist took 30minutes to tidy them up. Never again.

susie
08-Aug-14, 04:23
Lucky you avoided that Greek butcher.

I must balance this comment with my own regarding this dentist.

I had a few long-standing cavities and lost fillings which he has sorted out painlessly. I also had a tooth extirpated and then filled right the way up into my jaw. I had twinges for a while afterward but it is fine. No un-necessary work has been done and I find him friendly, kind, gentle and willing to explain what he is doing. He lets me look at X-rays taken. I've always been afraid of having dental treatment and scared to death of how some dentists have treated me but this young mannie is safe and sound as far as I'm concerned.

My husband sees the other one and says he is OK. Doesn't push if you don't want your plastic teeth done up, and explains about any problems.

I hope this helps to show that we all have different experiences at the dentist, and I think it is mis-guided to use the forum to suggest that some may be less than professional. Things written in public can't be unwritten.

givemecandy
08-Aug-14, 11:23
are we talking about the young greek chap at the hospital dental clinic or the older greek chap at the thurso centre clinic ?

susie
08-Aug-14, 12:17
are we talking about the young greek chap at the hospital dental clinic or the older greek chap at the thurso centre clinic ?

My comments are about the dentist at the Dunbar.