PDA

View Full Version : A very public convenience…

jjc
15-Apr-05, 11:00
Okay, there's a public loo in Houston made out of one-way glass.

Here it is from the outside…

http://www.chuggnutt.com/images/houston_toilet1.jpg

…and here it is from the inside :eek:…

http://www.chuggnutt.com/images/houston_toilet2.jpg

I'm not sure I could. Could you?

Zael
15-Apr-05, 11:02
Hmmm no.

Think its a bit of a sick idea tbh.

Mr P Cannop
15-Apr-05, 11:13
can People see in ??

Rheghead
15-Apr-05, 11:16
I'm not sure I could. Could you?

You are such a scaredy........and me.. :D

The embarrassment would be excretiating...

scotsboy
15-Apr-05, 12:37
:cool:

Bobinovich
15-Apr-05, 21:18
can People see in ??

I think jjc's original post clearly answers your question in both words ("one-way glass"), and in pictures - i.e. the image from outside (can you see in?) then from the inside...

As to whether I could - why not! It'd give the wanabee exhibitionist in me an outlet without subjecting the world to the horrors inside :lol: !!!

lassieinfife
15-Apr-05, 21:21
Cant see I would have a problem with it if i was desperate enough :mad: :)

George Brims
15-Apr-05, 22:16
What happens at night if it's lit inside? ;)

scotsboy
16-Apr-05, 08:58
:lol: Would it need to be lit inside - it could use the ambient light from outside, assuming there was adequate streetlighting.

webmannie
16-Apr-05, 09:30
That's cool.

I'd be dancing around inside naked going yeeeeehah!!

windowman
16-Apr-05, 22:45
it has one way glass and no one can see you in it u muppets

gleeber
16-Apr-05, 23:28
Theres only wan muppet here. ;)

Geo
17-Apr-05, 00:23
I think I'd wait until I got home. :D

Riffman
17-Apr-05, 00:48
From howstuffworks.com

So why doesn't the "criminal suspect" see the detectives in the next room? The answer lies in the lighting of the two rooms. The room in which the glass looks like a mirror is kept very brightly lit, so that there is plenty of light to reflect back from the mirror's surface. The other room, in which the glass looks like a window, is kept dark, so there is very little light to transmit through the glass. On the criminal's side, the criminal sees his own reflection. On the detectives' side, the large amount of light coming from the criminal's side is what they see. In many ways, it's the same as if people were whispering in one room while a loud stereo played in the other. The sound of the whisper might carry into the room with the stereo, but it would be drowned out by the intensity of the music.

If the lights in the room with the mirror are suddenly turned out, or the lights in the observation room suddenly turned on, then the one-way mirror becomes a window, with people in each room able to see those in the other. You can see this effect in any mirrored office building at night -- if the light is on in an office, you can see into the office just fine.

MadPict
17-Apr-05, 14:44
So not the place to be during a total eclipse!!!

Imagine the fun if you turned the glass around [lol]