PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Wick

dontstop
02-Aug-14, 13:33
Just drove through high st,bridge st Wick where its all coned of for Wind mill transportation and cars parked everywhere. Think its about time Wick council employed a traffic warden as the parking is beyond beleif at times. maybe our local councillors could get their heads together and actually do some good for the town.As iv yet to see what they do,all construction work lands to firms outwith caithness.

Chook a demus
02-Aug-14, 14:16
So all the inhabitants of Wick have to suffer so that private industry which hardly employs any locals can benefit. Why don't they move the turbines evenings and nights instead of disrupting everyone else for their profiteering. How many old people and disabled have to walk further just so some corporate types can make a few more £s let alone the loss in trade for the local shops. About time we looked after local people and local business's.

jacko
02-Aug-14, 14:23
So all the inhabitants of Wick have to suffer so that private industry which hardly employs any locals can benefit. Why don't they move the turbines evenings and nights instead of disrupting everyone else for their profiteering. How many old people and disabled have to walk further just so some corporate types can make a few more £s let alone the loss in trade for the local shops. About time we looked after local people and local business's.

Cant argue with you there.
Although i am guilty myself of parking on the Bridge street ,even though it s just long enough to visit the hole in the wall.

orkneycadian
02-Aug-14, 15:35
SHow many old people and disabled have to walk further just so some corporate types can make a few more £s let alone the loss in trade for the local shops.

They are driving windmills through the Tesco car park? Whatever next....

mi16
02-Aug-14, 17:48
I didn't realise there was such a demand for flour

dontstop
02-Aug-14, 17:59
To ckook a demus,what im trying to say we need a traffic warden. But i must add probably most of the cars parked are able bodied people who cannot get close enough to shops. And i take it you use all the local shops for your shopping.And another thing is if you open your eyes and read a local paper you will see that there is major benifits coming to wick harbour through the moray firth turbines wanting Wick harbour as its maintainance base which im sure will be good for our town.

Chook a demus
02-Aug-14, 18:09
I frequently use the local shops was in Birons this Morning, Boots the post office and Harrolds yesterday frequently use the many shops in town if I wanted to live in a major town with traffic wardens I'd move to one. If the councillor felt we needed a traffic warden we would still have one. I frequently see elderly and many people using walking aids in town. So what you're actually saying is the whole of Wick should change just to let another large corporate company do as they please to a small rural town. So far the majority of wind turbine jobs have not gone to the locals I can't say that I see that the majority of the new jobs will go to people in the community. What it will mean is more heavy traffic, more congestion and less of the town being for the local community.

susie
02-Aug-14, 18:15
I didn't realise there was such a demand for flour

Yes there is and boy oh boy do we knead it!

Chook a demus
02-Aug-14, 18:19
Can't have people Loafing aboot you never dough what might happen :0)

Heisenberg
02-Aug-14, 18:41
Can't have people Loafing aboot you never dough what might happen :0)they turbines are the best thing since.............

susie
02-Aug-14, 18:41
Can't have people Loafing aboot you never dough what might happen :0)

We should all make an effort and rise to the occasion.

Heisenberg
02-Aug-14, 18:53
We should all make an effort and rise to the occasion.looks like Susie is on a roll

Kevin Milkins
02-Aug-14, 19:50
I heard the traffic warden is on maternity leave, she has a bun in the oven.

jacko
02-Aug-14, 19:54
i think the traffic wardens pay came from the police purse and one of the recent cuts to try & save money was the traffic warden getting the push .
was a pity as the town benefitted with little or no parking on the main streets.

ps. and he was pretty fair .

dontstop
02-Aug-14, 19:58
The traffic warden was employed by the police not council,what im saying is the council should remploy a warden and they should pay him. im sure with the parking in wick he could earn his pay in 1 day. And i never said anything about the town needing to suit big companys what i said was wick harbour will be a maintainance hub for the moray firth and i dont see why there would be any movement of anything going through town as if you look at a map the moray firth is the north sea and im sure they will use boats for it

Birons
02-Aug-14, 20:20
I would like to offer a balanced view of the parking situation on Bridge Street.
Love him or hate him, when we had a full time traffic warden the town seemed to move along nicely and anyone taking the micky after ten minutes parking he would make sure you moved on or got a ticket.
Before the wind turbines started coming through, neither the council or the police seemed interested in taking responsibilities for the chaos caused by people parking all day, on one occasion we where waiting for a delivery of a pallet of goods and it was returned to Inverness and brought up on a van the next day because the lorry couldn't get near our shop.
We turned up for work one day and the cones where out without any consultation with the traders on the street about what was happening or how long for.
Many of our loyal customers are elderly and enjoy the traditional style of service that we offer, but because they cannot walk up the hill to the shop, they have stopped coming. Also the logs, peat, and compost trade has all but gone because most people will not chance it or cant get in by the cones.
If we still had a warden, at last the cones could be put out when there is a delivery coming through and not be left out all day regardless.
I emailed a Mr Brogan that is in charge of the Stroupster project, but I didn't find his reply particularly helpful.

dontstop
02-Aug-14, 21:02
Well put birons,thats the point i was trying to put cross untill chook a demus had to get their little piece of dribble in. I think there is somewhere else in the highlands that the council now employs a traffic warden which is why i think wick should takes steps towards this.Also the warden keeps a eye on road tax dodgers too.

Big Gaz
02-Aug-14, 21:37
all these bread jokes are just run of the mill ones.......facepan indeed......at yeast it keeps you all busy thinking up new ones......:roll:

Chook a demus
02-Aug-14, 21:58
Aye better than being all crusty aboot things an gettin ya bloomer in a twist

mi16
02-Aug-14, 21:58
.Also the warden keeps a eye on road tax dodgers too.No such thing as road tax and the DVLA monitor vehicle exise duty payment .No need for a warden on that front

Chook a demus
02-Aug-14, 22:05
Also as of November tax discs won't be issued and you can pay your vehicle excise duty online.

So what the poster actually wants is punitive fines for ordinary citizens so a few wind turbine blades can go through town unobstructed.

Big Gaz
02-Aug-14, 22:08
Also as of November tax discs won't be issued and you can pay your vehicle excise duty online.

So what the poster actually wants is punitive fines for ordinary citizens so a few wind turbine blades can go through town unobstructed.

Sorry, no such things as tax discs, they are vehicle excise duty discs.....[smirk]

Chook a demus
02-Aug-14, 22:23
Sorry, no such things as tax discs, they are vehicle excise duty discs.....[smirk]Crumbs ! I stand corrected

alistair harper
03-Aug-14, 23:18
if i remember right all the deliveries used to go abehind the shops eg in the car parek besides the toilet block. the entrance along from the nethercliff also woolies deliverd to the back of the building and now all deliveries are done on the main street causing disruption for large vehicals inc buses. the same happens in thurso but the main street there has parking bays on one side to ease congestion. i say bring back the wardon.

jacko
04-Aug-14, 09:19
if i remember right all the deliveries used to go abehind the shops eg in the car parek besides the toilet block. the entrance along from the nethercliff also woolies deliverd to the back of the building and now all deliveries are done on the main street causing disruption for large vehicals inc buses. the same happens in thurso but the main street there has parking bays on one side to ease congestion. i say bring back the wardon.
In Thurso that s as maybe ,but the main streets in Thurso are sure wide enough for delivery s to be made without to much disruption,..??

Big Gaz
04-Aug-14, 10:23
reckless abandonment of vehicles on the high street will always be an issue until someone in authority gets off their butt and does something about it. One major issue i see a lot is lazy people parking at or near the traffic lights. Totally unbelievable and downright dangerous. As for front of shop deliveries, you only have to look at the mess of the pavements to see why this should stop. The flag stones are all broken (and not just by turbine carrying trucks either) likewise outside the Factory shop where the artic parks to unload for them and Semichem, the pavements are a total mess. Hopefully the entire street will be restored once the new council building is finished. Unfortunately nowadays, many shops either can't or won't use rear door deliveries due to restrictions and little or no access for large vehicles and if the "highly acclaimed" Wick Charettes do actually get the go-ahead, the problem will become much worse. Enforced parking and dedicated disabled bays are the only real way but it won't happen.

Eilanboy
08-Aug-14, 15:22
Bridge Street was packed with parkewd cars or vans from the bridge to the traffic lights at 10-45 today.Nobody paying much attendance to the bollards

alistair harper
22-Aug-14, 23:16
Donalsons diary
wick sherrif notices drivers are ignoring cones in wick high st. Where has he been ? On holiday they have been ignoring them for weeks lol

Birons
22-Aug-14, 23:46
The problem isn't drivers ignoring the cones, the problem is the cones. I have been in touch via email the guy who is allegedly in charge of the Stroupster project and I have tried (without success) to explain what a damaging effect the cones are having on business in the town. His reply was "we only come through for about an hour a day and the police are being sympathetic to drivers that want to park in between the cones when the lorry's are not bringing parts through".
When I replied and asked if he is suggesting that I tell my customers to break the law and if the lorry's only come through for an hour a day, why don't they put the cones out for the period they come through, (after all, its only they know when they are due to come through) I got an "out of office auto reply" saying, I am on holiday until the 29th August. When we had a traffic warden we had someone that was accountable for the flow of traffic in the town to avoid congestion and someone to uphold the law whilst being understanding of how commerce works in the town centre. Now we have chaos with the police nor the council taking responsibility and the sheriff making unhelpful coments as well. When there are rows of empty shops on the street the penny might drop.

sids
23-Aug-14, 07:32
"we only come through for about an hour a day and the police are being sympathetic to drivers that want to park in between the cones when the lorry's are not bringing parts through".

So, when there's a big load coming, they move the cars on, I suppose. Makes you wonder what the cones are supposed to be for.

A Sheriff should comment on cases before him. When he feels an urge to pronounce sagely on general matters, such as parking at his office door, he should think about Ewen Stewart.

Birons
23-Aug-14, 09:28
The people responsible for delivering the wind turbines from the harbour to the site at Stroubster are the only ones that know when the traffic is likely to be disrupted in Bridge Street and the High Street. If they where to put the cones out before a delivery through town is imminent and remove them after the delivery it would not only help us traders, but people would take more notice of them and not park. I have studied the problems being caused by the cones and they make the delivery's more difficult because people that are ignoring them are parked about a metre away from the curb as a result of they cant get in.

Gronnuck
23-Aug-14, 11:38
Where is the local MP? Where is the local MSP? I suppose it’s too much for the local councillors to get involved? Where are the Police and the planners? The lack of joined up thinking looks very much as if local democracy has been shunted aside by corporate ambition. Little wonder there’s resentment and objections to these wind farms if this is the way the local population is being treated.
Surely it is not beyond the administration’s imagination to arrange for the streets of Wick to be closed during set hours and set days of the week giving the movers a window in which to operate and minimise disruption. For instance these loads could/should only be moved twice a week either late at night or in the early hours of the morning to an arranged schedule so that everyone knows exactly when it’s going to happen. It's not rocket science, the population wouldn't be in the way and the movement would be far more slicker!
Unless you’re happy with the current shambles I suggest you start badgering your elected representatives to come out from wherever they're hiding and get it sorted.
Thankfully I don’t have to go into Wick that often and won’t be shopping there any time soon.

Humerous Vegetable
23-Aug-14, 15:22
Sensible post. I have stopped trying to get through Wick town centre at all for the last few months. The local MP will be in one of his holiday homes. The MSP I have given up on entirely. Get real - nobody in political power gives a sh...second thought about Caithness and it's problems. It has voted LibDem since Noah was a lad, and will probably keep on keeping on.

Birons
23-Aug-14, 16:18
The job will be done and dusted by the time anyone has had time to respond to a call for help regarding the loss of trade we are accruing due to recent events.
The cones have been removed for the weekend and we have had a decent day today, but it would be reassuring if we could get a warden back on the street to police what goes on and keep order.

sids
23-Aug-14, 16:29
Sensible post. I have stopped trying to get through Wick town centre at all for the last few months. The local MP will be in one of his holiday homes. The MSP I have given up on entirely. Get real - nobody in political power gives a sh...second thought about Caithness and it's problems. It has voted LibDem since Noah was a lad, and will probably keep on keeping on.

Cars parked in Bridge Street can be an inconvenience. To count it as one of "Caithness's problems" is a laughable exaggeration.

badger
23-Aug-14, 17:32
The people you should be complaining to are your community council - that's what they are there for http://www.spanglefish.com/wickcommunitycouncil/

mi16
23-Aug-14, 18:21
Wick town centre has ample parking without needing to clog up bridge st

rogermellie
23-Aug-14, 19:16
[QUOTE=mi16;1094848]Wick town centre has ample parking without needing to clog up bridge st[/QUOT

there will be a lot less parking available for shoppers once the new council office is open.

(keep in mind, Thurso's social workers and health care staff are being moved to Wick to join the melee)

DMFB
24-Aug-14, 08:52
Wick has ample parking for those of us who chose to use and thats the problem most of us chose not to use it and park quickly on the street.I myself am guilty of at times doing this as I find it easier at my age for both myself and my wife if we are just nipping to the bank.I do not have a blue badge.Too many of those given out to folk who could do with the excercise in my view but thats just my view.Even on a Sunday when the church goes in on a Sunday the cars are parked crazily right at the door when the car park is just behind but again its a wee walk away uphill and once again most are too lazy rather than unable to manage it.Gone are the days when most folk walked everywhere and few people had a car now hardly anyone walks and most people have a car changing times.

fire1
24-Aug-14, 09:21
This year I believe you will not display a road tax so how you gonna know if the guy parking a car in wick is a tax dodger.This new system off vehicle excise is full off loopholes. for example how will you know when hiring a car if the road tax has been paid if there is no disc display on windscreen As for parking wardens in wick never believed there was a need if police were doing their job properly the traffic would move freely along bridge st etc. No one can actually say the police up here are hard pushed so it would help justify their wages doing some traffic control measures, after all i,m sure the Road Traffic Act has not been repealed and it is still part off their job.

Blarney
07-Sep-14, 02:57
I would prefer that the police were trying to solve crimes rather than acting as glorified traffic wardens. Apart from the businesses directly affected, the cones should not impact on normal traffic flow as there shouldn't be parking on the Main Street anyway.

Gronnuck
07-Sep-14, 10:34
Oh to listen to the self righteous biddies of Caithness telling all and sundry they shouldn’t be parking on Bridge Street. The street allows for Loading/Unloading and disabled parking, so the street might well look like a car park. OK there will be people who are too idle to park behind the shops and walk in but hey, this is Wick not George Street, Edinburgh. To listen to some of these biddies you’d think they had to be somewhere important immediately. If it bothers you that much set out on your journey earlier or choose another route, it isn’t rocket science.

sids
07-Sep-14, 12:35
This year I believe you will not display a road tax so how you gonna know if the guy parking a car in wick is a tax dodger.

Why do you want to know? Do you tell on people?

Gronnuck
07-Sep-14, 20:59
Why do you want to know? Do you tell on people?

Until the demise of the Road Fund Licence or Vehicle Excise Disc, whatever you want to call it, I'm sure any right thinking road user would report a vehicle failing to display one. Until now, without one the vehicle is on the road illegally and thus any insurance is void, so that if the driver of such a vehicle involved you in an accident you would difficulty seeking recompense for any injury or damage.
I don’t see what is to be gained by not ‘grassing up’ someone who fails to pay their share and behave responsibly.

weeker2014
08-Sep-14, 02:16
Birons seems to be really good at making comments on here. I have issue with a few of them. If the cones are put out when a delivery is imminent how are they going to move all of the cars already parked on the street, go around the shops with a megaphone shouting out registration numbers?? Paying a traffic warden is meaningless, the entire street should be double yellowed from end to end with a small amount of disabled and loading bays. Why don't you offer to take your customers goods to the rear car park for them as I am sure you have access? Why don't you offer a delivery service?

I am sick to the back teeth of people in this town endlessly moaning about anything that is good for the county, including what will hopefully be a huge amount of further work for the harbour, as well as the local funds which have been set up by wind farm developers to benefit local communities. You will no doubt jump down my throat on wind farms, BUT, getting substantial community funds from developers using a NATURAL RESOURCE in wind energy seems like not a bad deal to me. Wick town centre is dying, all the independent businesses moan about the horrible big business out of town parks, but at no point will reform and move on in a rapidly changing and modern society. The days of people using independent businesses because there is no choice north of Inverness is long gone, and the soon Wick traders get the hang of that the better for everyone instead of utterly abusing the goodwill of their customers!!!!!!

Shaggy
08-Sep-14, 11:17
Birons seems to be really good at making comments on here. I have issue with a few of them. If the cones are put out when a delivery is imminent how are they going to move all of the cars already parked on the street, go around the shops with a megaphone shouting out registration numbers?? Paying a traffic warden is meaningless, the entire street should be double yellowed from end to end with a small amount of disabled and loading bays. Why don't you offer to take your customers goods to the rear car park for them as I am sure you have access? Why don't you offer a delivery service?

I am sick to the back teeth of people in this town endlessly moaning about anything that is good for the county, including what will hopefully be a huge amount of further work for the harbour, as well as the local funds which have been set up by wind farm developers to benefit local communities. You will no doubt jump down my throat on wind farms, BUT, getting substantial community funds from developers using a NATURAL RESOURCE in wind energy seems like not a bad deal to me. Wick town centre is dying, all the independent businesses moan about the horrible big business out of town parks, but at no point will reform and move on in a rapidly changing and modern society. The days of people using independent businesses because there is no choice north of Inverness is long gone, and the soon Wick traders get the hang of that the better for everyone instead of utterly abusing the goodwill of their customers!!!!!!

I'm just sick to the back teeth of moaners on the org. Do you shop locally btw?

sids
08-Sep-14, 12:01
Until the demise of the Road Fund Licence or Vehicle Excise Disc, whatever you want to call it, I'm sure any right thinking road user would report a vehicle failing to display one. Until now, without one the vehicle is on the road illegally and thus any insurance is void, so that if the driver of such a vehicle involved you in an accident you would difficulty seeking recompense for any injury or damage.
I don’t see what is to be gained by not ‘grassing up’ someone who fails to pay their share and behave responsibly.

We don't like sneaks in this school.

weeker2014
08-Sep-14, 12:48
I'm just sick to the back teeth of moaners on the org. Do you shop locally btw?Well it would be an awful trek to Inverness on a daily basis to get ma bits and bobs if I didn't! Although obviously I don't go shopping on the half day when the shops DON'T want our trade!!!!

mi16
08-Sep-14, 14:32

If you have not paid VED or declared SORN then you will be fined automatically by the DVLA regardless of wether the car is on the road or not.
If it is declared SORN and being used then the police will pick up on it.

Perhaps the new Scottish DVLA will reintroduce the VED disc
Will all our penalty points become null and void under an independant Scotland?

weeker2014
08-Sep-14, 14:34
If you have not paid VED or declared SORN then you will be fined automatically by the DVLA regardless of wether the car is on the road or not.If it is declared SORN and being used then the police will pick up on it.Perhaps the new Scottish DVLA will reintroduce the VED discWill all our penalty points become null and void under an independant Scotland?Oh that would be nice :-)

Shaggy
08-Sep-14, 14:38
Well it would be an awful trek to Inverness on a daily basis to get ma bits and bobs if I didn't! Although obviously I don't go shopping on the half day when the shops DON'T want our trade!!!!

Yes it would indeed be an awful trek to Inverness and that is why, wherever possible, i support my local shops. In the last 4-5 years there is but a handful of items i have actually went to Inverness for and mainly because they weren't supplied up here. I have also mail-ordered from inverness shops for the same reason but i always choose local and ask if they can order before i go elsewhere because when the shops are gone, then it WILL be Inverness on a daily basis!
As for the half-day point, what would be so necessary that you couldn't live without it for another 24 hours? Also if the small shops were to open 6/7 days a week then no doubt their prices would have to rise due to increased staff requirements and other overheads etc.
Personally i think anyone having the balls to open their own business and provide a needed service should be thanked and not shot down in flames at every opportunity.

weeker2014
08-Sep-14, 14:52
Yes it would indeed be an awful trek to Inverness and that is why, wherever possible, i support my local shops. In the last 4-5 years there is but a handful of items i have actually went to Inverness for and mainly because they weren't supplied up here. I have also mail-ordered from inverness shops for the same reason but i always choose local and ask if they can order before i go elsewhere because when the shops are gone, then it WILL be Inverness on a daily basis!As for the half-day point, what would be so necessary that you couldn't live without it for another 24 hours? Also if the small shops were to open 6/7 days a week then no doubt their prices would have to rise due to increased staff requirements and other overheads etc. Personally i think anyone having the balls to open their own business and provide a needed service should be thanked and not shot down in flames at every opportunity.Shaggy I run my own independent business but I am smart enough to know it is not a vanity exercise and I bend over backwards to meet my customers requirements whether that be through product, availability hours or by bending over backwards to meet my customers needs. It isnt gained by moaning about cones on a street which should have no parking in the first place and by having half days when the fancy takes me. The sooner that big park up near tesco is developed the better, to give selfish Wick traders the kick in the ass the desperately need!!! Traders it is not "poor me" it is what can i do to make my business the best it can be!!

Birons
08-Sep-14, 19:25

Because we spend about 60 hours a week on the street I thought we might be well placed to make an informed and balanced view about what goes on in town. I didn’t think I was particularly moaning, but I apologise if it sounded that way.The cones being left out when no turbines were being delivered had the detrimental effect of people just getting used to them sitting there because there being a good chance that nothing would be coming through, (and they were right). When a delivery did come through they had to shift everyone anyway. We had a system that worked well with the traffic warden being both strict and fair and hopefully we will return to that system regardless of who pays for it.
We do often carry goods to customer’s cars for them and we also do a delivery service if feasible.
I personally have nothing against wind energy, it has brought work to the area and some businesses have benefited from it. I would prefer to see a wind turbine than a coal tip.
I think I would disagree with you about Wick town centre dying and in fact I think the general shopper prefers the type of service that an independent retailer can offer and are often surprised at how competitive our prices are.
We are open from 9 till 5 six days a week and we don’t close for dinner or half day so if you ever feel the need to vent your spleen, please call in and see us.

weeker2014
09-Sep-14, 00:40
Because we spend about 60 hours a week on the street I thought we might be well placed to make an informed and balanced view about what goes on in town. I didn’t think I was particularly moaning, but I apologise if it sounded that way.The cones being left out when no turbines were being delivered had the detrimental effect of people just getting used to them sitting there because there being a good chance that nothing would be coming through, (and they were right). When a delivery did come through they had to shift everyone anyway. We had a system that worked well with the traffic warden being both strict and fair and hopefully we will return to that system regardless of who pays for it.
We do often carry goods to customer’s cars for them and we also do a delivery service if feasible.
I personally have nothing against wind energy, it has brought work to the area and some businesses have benefited from it. I would prefer to see a wind turbine than a coal tip.
I think I would disagree with you about Wick town centre dying and in fact I think the general shopper prefers the type of service that an independent retailer can offer and are often surprised at how competitive our prices are.
We are open from 9 till 5 six days a week and we don’t close for dinner or half day so if you ever feel the need to vent your spleen, please call in and see us.

Well thats one way to upset the general public and lose customers!!!

Blarney
09-Sep-14, 21:45
Well thats one way to upset the general public and lose customers!!!. I certainly don't think that Birons will lose customers over this. I think that he may actually gain new customers because he has pointed out that he provides good customer service and is open for longer hours than most. I have shopped here quite a few times and find that the staff are knowledgeable, courteous and willing to go the extra mile to give you advice and good service. Maybe you can't park at the door at the moment but they make up for it in other ways. I also agree that the town centre is a pretty busy place at the moment and businesses seem to be doing well. There's a good mix of shops that offer most of the stuff we could need so we should all support them to make sure that they stay.

weeker2014
10-Sep-14, 23:24
. I certainly don't think that Birons will lose customers over this. I think that he may actually gain new customers because he has pointed out that he provides good customer service and is open for longer hours than most. I have shopped here quite a few times and find that the staff are knowledgeable, courteous and willing to go the extra mile to give you advice and good service. Maybe you can't park at the door at the moment but they make up for it in other ways. I also agree that the town centre is a pretty busy place at the moment and businesses seem to be doing well. There's a good mix of shops that offer most of the stuff we could need so we should all support them to make sure that they stay.

Think I will stick to the amazonmongers from now on or Homebase

gerry4
11-Sep-14, 21:40
I think that Birons is a huge assets to Wick & specifically central Wick. Always friendly, helpful, with a large range of goods. Can't understand why there should be even a hint of criticism.

Shaggy
11-Sep-14, 22:37
Shaggy I run my own independent business but I am smart enough to know it is not a vanity exercise and I bend over backwards to meet my customers requirements whether that be through product, availability hours or by bending over backwards to meet my customers needs. It isnt gained by moaning about cones on a street which should have no parking in the first place and by having half days when the fancy takes me. The sooner that big park up near tesco is developed the better, to give selfish Wick traders the kick in the ass the desperately need!!! Traders it is not "poor me" it is what can i do to make my business the best it can be!!

So you run your own business. Good for you!

The only selfish Wick trader i see on here is the one that said he was going to use out of town shops in future and not use the town centre shops. Your loss! the telephone is ringing, you better go bend over backwards!