PDA

View Full Version : Trees required

RJM
01-Aug-14, 11:26
Looking for any types of trees suitable for planting now. Also any advice on trees would be welcome also.

susie
01-Aug-14, 12:41
This isn't the most suitable time of year to plant trees and shrubs unless they are pot-grown. This is probably the most expensive way to get them.

It may be best to wait until spring and get some bare root trees from a garden centre or a polytunnel at Torrisdale, these trees will be dormant, easily handled and remarkably good value for money. If you do that the trees will be raring to go when the temperatures rise later in spring and you will be amazed how much growth some types can put on in their first year.

RJM
06-Sep-14, 13:35
Thank you for your reply.

linda.borgie
07-Sep-14, 19:50
Thank you Susie for the mention! Torrisdale Tunnel, Skerray (facebook) 07895073707 have a few end of season bargains in potted trees - alba poplar, field maple, elder, silver birch, crab apple from £1 to £4 each. Or if you prefer to wait until February I will be fully stocked with a wide variety of bare root native trees & hedging. Don't hesitate to contact for details or to place an order for small or large planting projects - thank you :)

ideal
07-Feb-15, 13:22
That's what I'm searching for, maybe more rustic but it's a good approach i nterms of size.
I should inform myself about the prize, that is also a key point for my aunt