PDA

View Full Version : EE Broadband

Jnr_81
30-Jul-14, 08:02
Does anyone have experience of using EE Broadband service in Caithness? Is it any good, what is their customer service like?

They have a cracking deal on right now.....

Big Gaz
30-Jul-14, 09:00
I inquired about the good deal myself but they told me they can't supply the service up here because they have no equipment in the local exchange (Wick) and no date as to when/if it will be installed. That was despite their online broadband checker saying i could have the service.

celtic lass
30-Jul-14, 09:16
I have ee as they took over orange who I was with for my broadband , no problems so far

Kodiak
30-Jul-14, 12:13
Many Years ago I joined Freeserve B/B, they then were taken over by Wannadoo, they then were taken over by Orange who in turn were taken over by EE.

So I am with EE and sometimes they are real Good and sometimes they are real Bad. As an example the weekend before last my B/B came to a standstill. After several Hours of this I phoned up EE and all I could get was an automatic recording which kept requesting me to input my Telephone Number. I did this and my call was cut off. I was miffed to say the least.

About 10 minutes later my B/B kicked into life, 2MB.....4MB.....8MB.....till I was getting 20MB. It was like someone flipped a switch. For the next 2 days my B/B was up and down, going between 6MB to 21MB. It did settle down and I am now getting a steady 15MB.

So at the moment they are good but every so often I think of changing to another ISP but then I think of the hassle and having to change my e-mail address which I have had for years and I put it off again. :eek:

As to Customer Services not good at all. It is very difficult to get through to them and when you do it is a case of "I think you may have a problem and I will get someone from Technical to give you a ring". Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

So I have had both Good and Bad experiences from them but I would say the Good slightly outweigh the Bad.