PDA

View Full Version : Attractions

Wellies
14-Mar-07, 23:46
What attractions would encourage you to go to an Agricultural Show or Fair in the Summer?

Bobinovich
15-Mar-07, 01:21
If you're talking the Caithness Agricultral Show then maybe not being fleeced by the car parking/entrance charges would be a start!

Being perfectly honest we don't go for the agricultural side of it. Living in Caithness means we can see as many sheep, cattle, horses, etc. within a 5 minute car journey of Thurso. Likewise most people will know a farmer so the kids could get to see tractors, quad bikes, etc. up close (OK maybe not shiny and new but you're more likely to get a ride in/on a used one).

For us it's a day out for the family. As such between food & drinks, kids rides, charity stall games, etc. you know it is already an expensive day out before you arrive.

Yes I know that the agricultral society don't make an lot from the exhibitors and attractions in the form of entrance fees, so they must make it somewhere, but the prices we've experienced in recent years have been way OTT.

Anyway, time to go bye bye's and count some rainbow sheep LOL!

KILTIECAULDBUM
15-Mar-07, 01:53
What attractions would encourage you to go to an Agricultural Show or Fair in the Summer?

At the "County Show" I would be attracted to a "local" burger van, who spends their money locally on stock etc, who had reasonable prices, had a conversation to offer instead of snatching your money from your hand as quickly as possible so as to get on to the next victim to fleece!!
But hey, that's not going to happen is it??? Just because you pay £150 for a Street Traders Badge to the "County Council" doesn't entitle you to get a pitch at the largest, local, "County Show" as it has NOTHING to do with the Council.
This stinks, wheeeewwww. Someone, surely, by totally banning local traders without good reason, must be making a few quid out of this & not a "front hander" either!!!!!!!!! "allegedly"
They hide behind saying that no-one local wanted to do it, or that they might be let down by locals who wont turn up!! What a pile of poo!!
I know for a fact that a local trader asked to get a pitch last year (2006). They were told that all the catering vans were arranged.
"What about this year (2007)"? "That's covered too"
"Next year then, or the year after"?
Same story, booked up!!!!
If only these vans were owned by TESCO or ASDA, would they be still be allowed to come up then???? lol.
Maybe if you DON'T buy from these SUPERSIZED expensive vans, they wouldn't be able to afford to come back up????? Then what, eh!!!!, any Locals please apply......
Rant over. lol.

Wellies
15-Mar-07, 09:35
No I am not meaning the County Show. I was just wondering what you like to see at a show or fair meaning the free attractions. Like what happen in the main ring etc.

steeko
15-Mar-07, 14:35
A nice sunny day would be great!