PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite "fast food"..... vote now!

The_man_from_del_monte
14-Mar-07, 22:52
Mine has got to be the almighty doner kebab though a good old cheeseburger comes second..... what's your favourite? Vote now!

Edit: I tried to keep the "menu" Caithness related, no point adding things you can't buy up here.

brandy
14-Mar-07, 22:55
meatball sub from subway!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Mar-07, 22:55
Chicken Curry wi chips everytime.Ye eat it up wi one gulp and the plate is empty.Ye think is that all it was one quick meal.Then an hour later a Phart....ahhhh delicacies come to those that wait.

Piglet
14-Mar-07, 22:56
Chicken curry with fried rice. mmmmm lovely :D

changilass
14-Mar-07, 22:59
KFC its the only fast food I eat

candyfloss
14-Mar-07, 23:00
Chicken moon moon and rice from the K2, or sweet n' sour chicken and egg fried rice from the chinese .......mmmmmm......... :D

johno
14-Mar-07, 23:04
yep the cheeseburger takes it every time.

Moira
14-Mar-07, 23:25

sounds good to me - do they use "healthy" meatballs though? This would be important to me ;)

I actually voted "fried rat" - none of the other options appealed to me & I want to know where to obtain this "delicacy" in Caithness.

The_man_from_del_monte
15-Mar-07, 01:42
sounds good to me - do they use "healthy" meatballs though? This would be important to me ;)

I actually voted "fried rat" - none of the other options appealed to me & I want to know where to obtain this "delicacy" in Caithness.

That place in Thurso down by the Riverside.... when I first came here I was sitting outside in my car and a rat walked in the door :eek: Woman comes out screaming "RAT! RAT!, RAT!" (btw I posted a thread on this ages ago but it has disappeared) Anyways....... this rat walks into the chip shop quite the thing.... it turns around and comes out again (sensible rat) next thing I sees is the chip shop owner with a lump of wood in his hand looking for the rat.... woman is still shouting "RAT!!"

I get's out of the car and went inside to buy a bag of chips (rats don't bother me) waited there for a few minutes and the chip shop owner returns "sorry about that sir, what can I get you?" rat and chips please.... "you saw the rat?" yes I did, it was quite a large rat "our premises are rat free we spend thousands per year ensuring we are rat free" I know, I was joking, a bag of chips without the rat will do "seriously we pay quite a lot to ensure our premises are kept free of vermin"

Me: a bag of chips it is then.... chip shop: not like when I worked on the farm we used to club the rats over the head with a block of wood..... Me: (losing appetite FAST) so you're totally rat free now? chip shop: we have a certificate to prove it (shows me some rat killing invoice)

I won't go into more detail but came out of there with a free "courtesy"
bag of chips and (the mind boggles) a polystyrene tub full of cheese and another tub full of "gravy" on the house Suffice to say I chucked the whole lot into the nearest bin and have never been back.

Moira
15-Mar-07, 03:19
That place in Thurso down by the Riverside.... when I first came here I was sitting outside in my car and a rat walked in the door :eek: Woman comes out screaming "RAT! RAT!, RAT!" (btw I posted a thread on this ages ago but it has disappeared) Anyways....... this rat walks into the chip shop quite the thing.... it turns around and comes out again (sensible rat) next thing I sees is the chip shop owner with a lump of wood in his hand looking for the rat.... woman is still shouting "RAT!!"

I get's out of the car and went inside to buy a bag of chips (rats don't bother me) waited there for a few minutes and the chip shop owner returns "sorry about that sir, what can I get you?" rat and chips please.... "you saw the rat?" yes I did, it was quite a large rat "our premises are rat free we spend thousands per year ensuring we are rat free" I know, I was joking, a bag of chips without the rat will do "seriously we pay quite a lot to ensure our premises are kept free of vermin"

Me: a bag of chips it is then.... chip shop: not like when I worked on the farm we used to club the rats over the head with a block of wood..... Me: (losing appetite FAST) so you're totally rat free now? chip shop: we have a certificate - LOl#####q1to prove it (shows me some rat killing invoice)

I won't go into more detail but came out of there with a free "courtesy"
bag of chips and (the mind boggles) a polystyrene tub full of cheese and another tub full of "gravy" on the house Suffice to say I chucked the whole lot into the nearest bin and have never been back.

You surprise me Caveman - I'd have forgone the chips & the cheese, gravy etc - but I would have insisted on the rat
- lol!

2little2late
15-Mar-07, 23:16
Mine has got to be the almighty doner kebab though a good old cheeseburger comes second..... what's your favourite? Vote now!

Edit: I tried to keep the "menu" Caithness related, no point adding things you can't buy up here.

Where in Caithness can one buy fried rat?

Bobinovich
15-Mar-07, 23:45
From that list I'd have to go for a curry! A flavoursome Chicken Jaipuri mopped up with a naan (preferably Peshwari) from Shelina Spice would go down nicely right now! Mmmmmm

The_man_from_del_monte
16-Mar-07, 01:41
edited... removed nonsense.

Ojibwa
17-Mar-07, 18:35

Me too Brandy! How good are they yumm! I love the smell of Subway, it is delicious. Went there yesterday but had the daily special 6inch tuna with lettuce tomato, and black olives. Is there still a subway in Inverness ?

Also just discovered A & W, now addicted to their root beer :)

Funky_Foal
09-Apr-07, 23:58
Chips win every time for me! :)

quirbal
10-Apr-07, 00:03
cant beat a bit of fried rat.:lol:

Funky_Foal
10-Apr-07, 00:10
cant beat a bit of fried rat.:lol:

Fried rat eew! Dont think ill try that :lol:

quirbal
13-Apr-07, 21:16