PDA

View Full Version : Games Presenters

piratelassie
28-Jul-14, 00:25
I know it's the BBC covering the Commonwealth Games but I thought it was the host country that presented. Given the present crop of presenters a visitor would think the presentation was from London not Glasgow.

Phill
28-Jul-14, 10:26
The 'impartial' BBC being London centric? Never!

Even Chance
29-Jul-14, 11:36
London 2012, the sequel........

orkneycadian
30-Jul-14, 08:12
Seems to be wall to wall Scottish presenters on Radio Scotland for the games. What are you complaining about?

theone
30-Jul-14, 08:16
I know, it's disgusting.

It was the same in 2010, the BBC using their British sports team to present the games when they were India.................... and last month at the world cup, not a single game brodcast with Brazilian commentators.

Who do the BBC think they are!

orkneycadian
30-Jul-14, 08:21
Your going to be stuffed if we ever host the Olympics in the Peoples Republic of Orkney, Shetland and the Western Isles.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrLjsCCGnuo

Kodiak
30-Jul-14, 12:28
It is all done for the benefit of those who live in Englandshire. The Beeb was frightened that if all the Presenters were Scottish then no one South of the Border would understand anything they said. [lol]

emmz
30-Jul-14, 13:01
Theres a video doing the rounds on my facebook of a presenter talking about "two English swimmers"... one was welsh one Scottish they are all getting their nickers in a twist over it I happen to agree with Mr Bolt its not completely awful just "A bit S***

Kevin Milkins
30-Jul-14, 18:32
Its not the first time Clare Balding has dropped a clanger or two, I thought it was very funny though.

scorrie
02-Aug-14, 21:36
Great to hear Scottish boxer Charlie Flynn replying to the BBC commentator regarding his feelings on finding out he was the Gold medallist and Commonwealth Champion:-

"How did a' feel? A' thowt a' waz gonnae drap deid man"

Marvellous!

squidge
03-Aug-14, 09:25
I thought he was fab too Scorrie. I have thoroughly enjoyed the games. As have we all, 6 year old now wants to be a diver, the four year old wants to do "those swingy bar things mummy" and my elderly parents who are staying with us on holiday have stayed awake til 10 O clock EVERY night! It must have been good.

Heisenberg
03-Aug-14, 10:37
I thought he was fab too Scorrie. I have thoroughly enjoyed the games. As have we all, 6 year old now wants to be a diver, the four year old wants to do "those swingy bar things mummy" and my elderly parents who are staying with us on holiday have stayed awake til 10 O clock EVERY night! It must have been good.I thought you were going to suggest your oldies for the beam and floor exercise.