PDA

View Full Version : Aldi new store for wick

windowman
25-Jul-14, 09:16
New store for wick aldi .where is it being built in wick anyone know .

Big Gaz
25-Jul-14, 09:48
nothing on their web site nor on the Highland Council planning list.

Serenity
25-Jul-14, 10:18
They are advertising for a deputy store manager, and assistant manager:

http://www.careerbuilder.co.uk/jobseeker/jobs/JobDetails.aspx?job_did=JB700J68BKJLXRW0ZGP

Chook a demus
25-Jul-14, 14:12
Question to ask then is where is a building large enough to accommodate an Aldi store that's already built. Mebbe the old Caithness Glass property that's a big ole building with a nice large car park

wicker
25-Jul-14, 20:21
Anything to do with the extension at lidl?

fender
26-Jul-14, 09:51
Think this may be a spoof. P&J reporting that Aldi are puzzled by an advert for staff for a new store in Nairn. Think someone is at it.

Heisenberg
26-Jul-14, 12:41
I dinae think it a spoof They are adverting for all sort of staff for a shop in week.

scorrie
02-Aug-14, 10:45
They are advertising for a deputy store manager, and assistant manager:

http://www.careerbuilder.co.uk/jobseeker/jobs/JobDetails.aspx?job_did=JB700J68BKJLXRW0ZGP

Where does it say that the store is in Wick? The location says "Nationwide"

Bill Fernie
02-Aug-14, 10:55
Where does it say that the store is in Wick? The location says "Nationwide"

I checked it also a couple of days ago and it did show Wick. I also fished around on the site and found other positions saying jobs in Wick in the left column. I then tried to search using their search box but always got a nil return. I can only assume someone made mistake and it has now been rectified ALDI do have big store investment going on as stores are opening or under construction in may places right now.

scorrie
02-Aug-14, 14:34
I checked it also a couple of days ago and it did show Wick. I also fished around on the site and found other positions saying jobs in Wick in the left column. I then tried to search using their search box but always got a nil return. I can only assume someone made mistake and it has now been rectified ALDI do have big store investment going on as stores are opening or under construction in may places right now.

I did see ads for Aldi jobs in Wick but the additional information gave the Wick in question as being in South West England. Perhaps that is the source of the confusion:-

http://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/deputy-store-manager-JV_IC2701097_KO0,20_IE7337.htm?jl=1131913865&paoIdKey=NDA=

orkneycadian
02-Aug-14, 15:33
:roll: What a frenzy over yet another supermarket.....

The "con-spotters" amongst you should have spotted this one a mile off.... Same rumour for Kirkwall. Well and truly quashed in last weeks paper.

Don't you think they might need to build the place, or even apply for planning consent to build, before they advertise for staff?

Fran
04-Aug-14, 23:20
Question to ask then is where is a building large enough to accommodate an Aldi store that's already built. Mebbe the old Caithness Glass property that's a big ole building with a nice large car parkthe old car parts store in George street next to the coal office. It's a big store with car park?

Serenity
05-Aug-14, 08:21
That is probably what happened but at the time of my posting it definitely said Wick, Caithness. I get an email from a job aggregator site daily and always check this as they do sometimes make mistakes of this fashion (normally this one, or job listed as Castletown but it is the Isle of Man one).

Fran
06-Aug-14, 22:15
I sent off for an application form and got it on the computer!!!

scorrie
07-Aug-14, 02:38
I sent off for an application form and got it on the computer!!!

I have pulled up an application form for a job in Harrods onto my computer.

It is now just a question of waiting until they build the Wick branch at the old Pentland Autos site and that will save me the commute to Knightsbridge on a daily basis.

erniesspeedshop
07-Aug-14, 07:31
Oh Harrods? I applied to Harold's.:confused

bagpuss
11-Aug-14, 22:51
The former Pentland Auto site is an excellent example of a brownfield site that is crying out for a sympathetic development. However, to make it work, there would have to be an extended access- which would impact on the former petrol station outside. However- wouldn't it be more useful for Aldi to take that undeveloped site at the former Thurso Mart?

Kevin Milkins
11-Aug-14, 23:19
The former Pentland Auto site is an excellent example of a brownfield site that is crying out for a sympathetic development. However, to make it work, there would have to be an extended access- which would impact on the former petrol station outside. However- wouldn't it be more useful for Aldi to take that undeveloped site at the former Thurso Mart?

It would be fantastic for Aldi to take the former Thurso mart, however, as the sight belongs to Tesco and the only reason for purchasing was to stop any other potential retailer getting it (land banking) it's unlikely that Tesco is going to let it go to any of the competition.