PDA

View Full Version : Howlin' Gaels upcoming gigs!

Jeemag_USA
14-Mar-07, 14:54
If you feel like a little trip the Howlin' Gaels will be playing at the Georgian Bar in Kirkwall on the 23rd and 24th March, find a boat, find a tent, make a weekend of it.

or if you can't make it because you have a hole in your boat or you are on the run from the Orkney Police don't worry, the Gaels will play the Y-Not Bar and Grill in Thurso on the 31st March!!

Quite a few surprises in the new sets, and as most know a bit of a new line up. Should be well worth going to see! Good Luck guys!

Sorry I wanted to show off my poster. Taz the bass player is from Orkney and he cannot tell me what the background picture is of, he thought it was the Old Man of Hoy, he needs a slap[. Surely someone can tell me what its a pic of, I know its a little faded but its pretty well known!

http://www.howlingaels.co.uk/gaelposter2.gif

Naefearjustbeer
14-Mar-07, 16:03
Y-Not Bar and Grill in Thurso on the 31st March!!

This is where I appear stupid. Where is this place??

moncur
14-Mar-07, 16:43
Its the new name for 'e Redwood' across e road fae 'e coop'

Jeemag_USA
14-Mar-07, 18:37
Its the new name for 'e Redwood' across e road fae 'e coop'

What e said [lol]

Chobbersjnr
14-Mar-07, 20:49
are e' gaels doin any o their original stuff??

clash67
14-Mar-07, 21:00
We might pull a couple outa the Bag.;)

midi2304
15-Mar-07, 15:16
I seen the Gaels and Whisky at Charlie's wedding weekend before last. Whiskey were fantasitic Issac - well we all know how good that boy is on the geetar - but ther real revelation was Dominic on the fiddle. Boy's got some skills like.

And hellfire - was good to hear the Gaels again. Easy to forget how good those guys are live.

Jeemag_USA
18-Mar-07, 21:59
I believe the support act for the Y-Not bar and Grill on the 31st has now been confirmed. It is going to be a duo from Tain called "Dead Grateful" (I never heard of them, anyone heard them?)

Chobbersjnr
19-Mar-07, 00:10
DAVE FLEMMING & RODDY MACKENSIE that's who my moneys on

I gigged with them & Dave Foster (Yes, 1 whole badger & wolfstone) as The Dreadful Grate

I wonder if they'll have Roland Essarsixteen III on drums

swavey
19-Mar-07, 03:30
I hope Roland is playing cause it will save my skins!!:lol:

Deemac
19-Mar-07, 10:56
And are they a Grateful Dead tribute/copy act?

I might even to tempted if that was the case, though the thought of anything with a drum machine does NOT appeal!!

Dark Star to a metronome - What a thought . . . . . .!!:eek:

Jeemag_USA
19-Mar-07, 13:09
And are they a Grateful Dead tribute/copy act?

I might even to tempted if that was the case, though the thought of anything with a drum machine does NOT appeal!!

Dark Star to a metronome - What a thought . . . . . .!!:eek:

Deemac, don't forget the Gaels are playing after them, worth going just for that ;)

Jeemag_USA
19-Mar-07, 13:19
DAVE FLEMMING & RODDY MACKENSIE that's who my moneys on

I gigged with them & Dave Foster (Yes, 1 whole badger & wolfstone) as The Dreadful Grate

I wonder if they'll have Roland Essarsixteen III on drums

Yes it is Dave Flemming Isaac, Taz just mailed me. When the full band is together they are called Dreadful Great, when it is not the full ensemble its Dead Grateful.

Jeemag_USA
22-Mar-07, 23:28
Tomorrow night in Orkney, don't forget, if anyone is going to be across the watter or are reading from Orkney, shoudl be packed out, been in the Orcadian and everything, repeat performance on Saturday night!

Mon the Gaels! Good Luck Guys! Wish I was there! :cool:

Saxo01
28-Mar-07, 22:22
Great weekend in the Georgian guys, Most enjoyable sat night for a long time

Jeemag_USA
28-Mar-07, 23:19
Forgot to update my poster, 10 points for guessing the picture in the background!

http://www.howlingaels.co.uk/gaelposter4.gif

K dragon
28-Mar-07, 23:32
again stands and makes rude gesture lol

clash67
28-Mar-07, 23:36
Great weekend in the Georgian guys, Most enjoyable sat night for a long time

Thanks Saxo01 we really enjoyed ourselves and as usual the hospitality in Orkney was first class, we're looking forward to next time. :Razz

Chobbersjnr
29-Mar-07, 00:58
Aye Jeemag

Y-not:lol: