PDA

View Full Version : John Thurso

wavy davy
22-Jul-14, 00:01
Sent John Thurso an email five days ago expressing concern about the recent Bill on communications privacy.

Got a two page letter today from his office in the House of Commons addressing the points I had made. Not saying that I agree with all he said but can't fault the man.

theone
22-Jul-14, 07:27
Many people prejudge John Thurso based on his background, but anyone who has ever spoken to him at a clinic/corresponded with him seems to get a genuine reply.

As you say, I don't agree with everything he says or does, but he definitely takes his job seriously.

Kenn
22-Jul-14, 09:42
Have to agree with both of you, he has always been prompt to answer any enquiry I have made and been extremely helpful.

Kevin Milkins
22-Jul-14, 11:09
He is dealing with an issue for me and has kept me in the loop at every stage.

golach
25-Jul-14, 18:55
Congratulations to John Thurso for being made a Privy Councilor, an honour to 'e County also.

wavy davy
25-Jul-14, 23:13
Congratulations to John Thurso for being made a Privy Councilor, an honour to 'e County also.
Well said.

Rheghead
26-Jul-14, 13:36
Is this the same John Thurso who wanted to declare a moratorium on wind farms that is the biggest growth sector in his constituency? You just couldn't make it up.

gerry4
26-Jul-14, 13:59
an honour to 'e County also.

Its no honour for the County, just the old boys network again. More contacts for Thurso & more chances to make money for himself. All of Westminster needs reorganising & this old boys system dismantled. Privy Councilor, what function do they actually do & how much extra are they paid for it?

Shpongle
26-Jul-14, 14:18
Is this the same John Thurso who wanted to declare a moratorium on wind farms that is the biggest growth sector in his constituency? You just couldn't make it up.

The biggest eyesore, more like, and how many locals are employed when erecting these farms for the rich?

Caithness is crime free, the health system is good, the streets are clean, there are not many (any?) homeless people sleeping in shop doorways and the quality of life is good. You can't really complain but some always will.

golach
26-Jul-14, 14:25
Caithness is crime free,? , the streets are clean,? .
well seen that your new till 'e Org, just read Doanalsin's Diary for the local crime, and read some of the many dog fouling threads posted

Shpongle
26-Jul-14, 14:29
well seen that your new till 'e Org, just read Doanalsin's Diary for the local crime, and read some of the many dog fouling threads posted

That's not crime!! I'm talking about burglary, rape, murder, armed robbery etc. NOT jaywalking and general drunken brawls.

Heisenberg
27-Jul-14, 17:57
The many times I have met Lord Thurso I have found him most ameanable and generous with his time he is a good man and caring too. Although I do not always agree with his polatics