PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Vouchers for Schools

doyle
13-Mar-07, 22:20
Does anyone know if any of the schools in Caithness are collecting the vouchers for computers?

Cattach
13-Mar-07, 22:22
Does anyone know if any of the schools in Caithness are collecting the vouchers for computers?

Kids had a note from Miller Academy about it.

changilass
13-Mar-07, 22:31
Are Castletown school collecting them cos I got some the other day

ice box
13-Mar-07, 23:07
Does anyone know if any of the schools in Caithness are collecting the vouchers for computers?The south school wick are collecting them the little guy want to go to tesco everyday so we get more for him lol :D

Bill Fernie
13-Mar-07, 23:10
Pultneytown Academy school is collecting the Tesco vouchers.

I would expect most schools will collect them.

Does anyone know how many vouchers are required for one computer?

Big G
13-Mar-07, 23:17
Pennyland school are also collecting them!

Not sure how many you need for 1 computer...

brandy
13-Mar-07, 23:19
heres the website for the vouchers
www.tesco.com/schools
and heres how many vouchers you need for pc's *shudders*
http://www.computersforschools.co.uk/schools/choose_equipment.html

alice
14-Mar-07, 00:59
Thrumster School is also collecting them.

Piglet
14-Mar-07, 08:47
Castletown School are collecting these vouchers.

Bradcon
14-Mar-07, 09:39
Hillhead Primary is also collecting them

candyfloss
14-Mar-07, 10:20
Wick North is too:D

Lavenderblue2
14-Mar-07, 10:27
I'm sure I saw an advertisement somewhere that these vouchers can also be exchanged by schools for musical instruments - nowadays when there are computers everywhere I think that’s a great alternative - don't you?

LB :)

Piglet
14-Mar-07, 10:30
yes it is a great idea, Lavenderblue2 & you are right cos i have heard it on the radio.

kitty
14-Mar-07, 10:38
Reay primary are collecting them aswell for musical instruments

_Ju_
14-Mar-07, 13:59
Pultneytown Academy school is collecting the Tesco vouchers.

I would expect most schools will collect them.

Does anyone know how many vouchers are required for one computer?

I don't know how many vouchers for one computer, but I did see (on the tesco documentary on TV) that 250.000£ (that is a quater of a million pounds) gets spent in tesco for one school computer. So, though I will take the vouchers given, I will not go shopping there because I get them.

doyle
14-Mar-07, 22:16
Thanks everyone! You've all been very helpful. Just need to choose now WHICH school to give them to! LOL

Piglet
14-Mar-07, 22:28
For a desent spec laptop it is 29,000 vouchers :eek:

William
15-Mar-07, 00:48
We were in inverness on monday at the tesco in the inches bit and we got talking to the counter lady and with our small just over £10 purchase we managed to get 11 vouchers form her she seemed quite happy to just give them away, so they'll be going to castletown school along with any more we get in the future

pentlander
15-Mar-07, 10:18
Like lambs to the slaughter. If Tescos wanted ro help local schools why does it not just donate a few computers here and there out of its Billions.
£250,000 spent to finance 1 laptop. Its like blackmail . Shop with us or the kids get nothing.
Very clever marketing however as a lot of people seem to think its great.
Personally I prefer my taxes to pay for our kids education not some marketing gimmick.

William
15-Mar-07, 12:21
Like lambs to the slaughter. If Tescos wanted ro help local schools why does it not just donate a few computers here and there out of its Billions.
£250,000 spent to finance 1 laptop. Its like blackmail . Shop with us or the kids get nothing.
Very clever marketing however as a lot of people seem to think its great.
Personally I prefer my taxes to pay for our kids education not some marketing gimmick.

If you going to be going there to get your shopping and fuel anyway you are just getting them for what you'd normally be buying anyway, aren't you?

Fair enough they aren't going to loose out and the goverment do there best (once they all get there high wages) but surely Tescos motto thing is right here! Every LITTLE helps!

stekar
15-Mar-07, 21:55
Crossroads school at Dunnet are collecting the vouchers too.

scorrie
16-Mar-07, 22:46
It is scandalous that a cheap advertising stunt pulls in Mr and Mrs Gullible every time.

If you believe that "Every Little Helps", then you should be ashamed of yourself for not seeing that which is obvious to the blind eye.

"Extended Warranty, how can I lose?" Homer J Simpson

Tesco 1 Sheep 0