PDA

View Full Version : Midge Spray

Kevin Milkins
17-Jul-14, 23:58
The midges were having a good go at me while doing some gardening tonight so I had a spray of Avon Skin So Soft, I'm not sure if it's normal but my vision has become very blurred and my eyes are sore. I cant even read the label to see if it says keep away from eyes.:eek:
At least my current issues has taken my mind off the midges.:confused

poppett
18-Jul-14, 07:08
I had the same reaction to SSS. Midges still had a good chew. Maybe Avon have changed the recipe to something the little so and so`s enjoy the taste of.

Southern-Gal
18-Jul-14, 08:23
The older stuff used to have benzyl benzoate in it and now it does not. It dosent really work. Smidge is better.

Joefitz
18-Jul-14, 09:20
Used to be able to buy Methyl Diphthalate from the chemist. Mixed with Citronella oil at 10% Methyl, it worked wonderfully!!

poppett
18-Jul-14, 11:35
Midges do not usually come near me as if they bite me they die. I do wear lemon scented bodyspray and use lemon showergel, so that could be the answer. The spray with SSS was somebody I had only just met trying to be helpful and I had been sprayed before i could say "no, thank you!".

Big Gaz
18-Jul-14, 11:39
The midges were having a good go at me while doing some gardening tonight so I had a spray of Avon Skin So Soft, I'm not sure if it's normal but my vision has become very blurred and my eyes are sore. I cant even read the label to see if it says keep away from eyes.:eek:
At least my current issues has taken my mind off the midges.:confused

More likely to be too much G&T methinks.......[smirk]

lola
20-Jul-14, 11:36
Smidge works best.

joxville
20-Jul-14, 23:51
Avon Skin So Soft was discussed a few days ago on another forum I use, apparently Avon have changed the formula and now it's no longer effective at keeping away mozzies and midges; particularly annoying because I'd just bought two bottles of the spray :-(

Dadie
21-Jul-14, 00:17
I bought the parents a midgie eater machine a couple of years ago...
It is supposed to be fantastic at removing the midgies in the area ....
But the darn thing needs turned on and kept on!
They dont use it as it is supposed to be used ....so...can I steal it back and use it properly to rid us of the midgies and give it back after the proper research on how to use it?then provide the information to them....or do I have to give the info and hope they use it as its meant to be used!

Gronnuck
21-Jul-14, 08:36
Midgies enjoy feasting on me whenever they can but after a little research I found the problem was with my body's reaction to the bite. Who can forget the incessant itch especially in the early hours of the morning, aaaaarrrgghh! So to calm down and carry on I use to take one Piriteze antihistamine tablet each day for a week prior to venturing out west and continued taking the tablets while I was there. These days if I get bitten I'll take an antihistamine. These days midgies don't bother me.

favuncle
21-Jul-14, 10:03
Just ordered some "smidge" so hoping it works!

Dreamweaver
22-Jul-14, 14:23
Jungle Formula usually does it for me :)

Mr Z
23-Jul-14, 10:21
I find staying inside watch some tv drink some beer and wait for a breeze of wind to pick up is the best solution.

Dreamweaver
23-Jul-14, 11:37
Agreed Mr Z :)